Cavendish Hotel(Eastbourne)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$59
US$56
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Shore View Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$81
  • Beachfront
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$88
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$98
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Breakfast included
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$81
  • Pool
US$183
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$223
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

All reviewsturkey and tinselsea frontcoach holidayrecommend this hotelsuperior roomevening entertainmentfriendly hotelbrilliant stayhotel is situatednothing too much troublewalk in showercoach partyshort breakplenty of choicedining roombreakfast and dinnertown centre
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I'm still unable to explain how this place was so different from what I had expected based upon TripAdvisor rating, reviews and the place's own Website.

For one, my single room on the 3rd floor was clean and the bed comfortable, but... The room was small; perhaps the double rooms are larger. The one old window faced a courtyard. The TV was small and precariously balanced on a little table; it fell over when I brushed it entering the room the first time.

Two ways to get to my room: walk three flights of stairs or wait for the very slow moving and closet-sized elevator. No bellhop service was offered.

No ice machine, anywhere. Whoever was at the front desk was always willing to provide a glass (no buckets) of ice on request. But there is nobody on duty after 8 pm -- when they lock the front door! Upon arrival you are told to take your key when going out at night.

The hotel seemed pretty full. But all guests seemed to be senior citizens.

Room Tip: Call and ask about room size. There were lively groups nightly in the bar, so noise could be a problem on the second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank IntrepidTravelerNYC
New_Wilmington, Manager at New Wilmington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear IntrepidTravelerNYC

Our single rooms are certainly geared towards a guest who simply wants a clean, comfortable and suitable room on a budget. Most of our rooms will be Doubles, Twins, slightly larger family rooms and Superior rooms. Our flat screen TV's are 32 inch so this is the first time they have been described as small.

Our elevator is small but enough room for 4 people and for a hotel of our size it is mainly used by guests who find 3 flights of stairs a struggle or for heavy luggage. Our porter is also on hand for guests who require help with their luggage.

We are glad you found our hotel good enough to rate it 3 stars in spite of your expectations but as a family run 3 star hotel we may not be suitable for guests looking for 24 hour reception or oversized single rooms.

We hope you will think about using one of our larger rooms in future and feel free to discuss room sizes and facilities with reception by phone or via email.

Thanks

New Wilmington Hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a really enjoyable weekend stay at the New Wilmington.

The hotel has obviously recently benefited from a comprehensive refurbishment and the public areas were all very impressive. Our room was comfortable and well equipped.

All of the staff we met were extremely friendly and very professional.

Breakfast was very good. There was a good selection of cold options and a good choice of cooked items, which are cooked to order and brought to the table. There was plenty of tea, coffee and toast, which was also made to order.

We initially had doubts about booking this hotel because we were concerned about parking, but this was not a problem at all. The hotel has some garages that can be pre-booked although none were available for the dates of our stay. However, we managed to park immediately outside the front of the hotel, free of charge. The road at the front has no parking restrictions or you can rent a permit for £1 per day from the hotel to park in the nearby Wilmington Square. You should be able to get parked in one of these places during the day but it does fill up in the evening as people come into town for the theatres close to the hotel.

Apart from the nearby theatres the hotel is within easy walking distance of many bars and restaurants, the main shopping centre and the station. It is close to the sea front and just a few minutes walk to the pier.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the New Wilmington and we will stay here next time we visit Eastbourne.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Farnborough

Thank you for such a wonderful review, we will share it with our staff. Parking is never usually a problem unless there is a special event like the Tennis or Airbourne, but as you say, we do provide garages to guests wanting peace of mind.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Its not often everyone is more than satisfied, but you had 32 happy customers with spotless rooms with good quality towels etc, good food, friendly service and very good value at group rates. You even laid on perfect weather & we hit on the weekend of the Bonfire Society parade with fireworks .Hard to follow

Room Tip: The lifts don't go anywhere near some of the rooms, so if this matters ask before you book. It was quiet at the back, but the view was the garages
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear elizabeth23london

That is excellent news, we aim to please. Thank you for your custom.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have to say straight off that the one star does not reflect the management, staff or facilities of this hotel which for its type of hotel is an excellent hotel offering very good service and value and very clean rooms - we would stay there again - so why the heck have I given them one star I hear you say!
I have done this so that they can draw the attention of the powers that be (Eastbourne BC take note!) to the fact that the pub/club/bar/hotel (or whatever it is) on the corner of Wilmington Square and Compton Street (right next to the New Wilmington) is a disgrace - for the first night we were here they played very loud music until 3 am the next morning - meaning that we got virtually no sleep that night - it was a Friday night 18th October and I can testify that the loud music was not turned off until 3am as there is a clock on the front of the telly in room 340 which is the room we occupied at the front of the hotel on the third floor. I could not believe that this music was going on beyond 1am which would have been bad enough but it went on and on and on. Not sure when it stared but the loudness actually woke me up at about midnight and from then on it was thump-thump-thump for the next three hours - this is just not what you expect when staying in Eastbourne and thankfully the next night all was quiet so it was just the one night's lost sleep - but it ruined the weekend to be honest as I was feeling washed out and tired after a busy week. I do not know if this is a regular occurrence - I hope for the sake of staff, management and future guests that it is not.
We were awoken by the noise of the music even though the widows at the time in our room were both closed tight - in actual fact the night was mild for mid-October so having them open was actually a real need but this obviously just made the noise problem worse. I actually dressed and went down to see what the noise was at 2.30 and let myself out of the front door of the hotel where I established the noise was coming from the corner site bar/pub/club. There were actually not that many people out the front of the pub but even so they were all in drink and I did not at that point fancy confronting anyone there as I would probably have been told to '[--].. off' or something equally explicit. I would needed to to have gone in there mob-handed with 'a few good men' to sort them out and that could only have ended badly so I chose retreat as the better part of valour!
I did not see anyone on reception so I went back to bed and as I say the music finally stopped at 3am. We did not complain the next day but mentioned it when we checked out on Sunday morning. I am sorry to affect the hotel's star rating as it is a matter which was and is completely beyond the hotel's control but if it a problem which only happens at the whim of the crowd who run the joint on the corner then it could happen at any time - I am sure we could not be the only people who lost a night's sleep. The lady on reception when we checked out said the joint only had a licence until 11pm - but I am quite sure the music was not turned off before 3am - so the question is do they stop selling alcohol at 11pm - the answer is probably no - unless you are the Rolling Stones you cant make much money out of just playing music loudly. I don't get the impression that Eastbourne has a big clubbing scene though obviously there are clubs, pubs and bars in the town centre which are properly managed and stay open till very late (early!) but I am assuming they are licensed for that purpose and subject to scrutiny about their effect on surrounding residents and businesses. These laws does not seem to apply in other areas such as Wilmington Square - I imagine that the residents of flats and other properties in the square itself must have also been on the phone to EBC the next day. The place on the corner is also a visual eyesore with a full skip outside and several old mattresses so obviously it is a superbly well run place if you are happy to have guests walking in and out past that every night!
As I say the New Wilmington by contrast is a professionally run establishment and a credit to Eastbourne - an excellent hotel that is well managed and the staff go out of their way to help - the breakfasts are excellent but as we did not eat in the evenings at the hotel I cant comment on the evening dining. We booked last minute through Booking.com and paid 120 pnds for two nights in a twin bedded room with bathroom on the third floor. Excellent value and we will stay there again when the place on the corner has been closed down (hopefully). I sincerely hope this review will help the hotel in their efforts to make the tenants of that place abide by the laws of our country and not behave like they are running some cheap dive on the strip in some down-market Spanish resort.

Room Tip: In view of above review, for time-being get a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buckclean

Dear buckclean

We agree that the hotel on the corner of our road is certainly not as well presented as ourselves but unfortunately this is out of our control. Although this is not a regular occurrence, we have made a complaint to the council and they have been told not to exceed acceptable levels of noise. We have to admit to feeling unfairly punished with your review, as you admit yourself; we provide a very good service and our rating on TripAdvisor is very important to us. Had you discussed your feelings with our staff we would have taken your comments just as seriously. Also it is a great shame that you didn't contact a member of staff at the time of the disturbance, we would not expect a guest to deal with a situation like this themselves. Our night porter would have addressed the situation without hesitation.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was a great hotel. Stayed here for a long weekend,in September. The bed and room, was of a great standard. No complaints at all. The food. was great, it was hot and of a great standard. I would recommend this Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
New_Wilmington, Manager at New Wilmington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear RLanden

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and as always, will share with the hotel staff.