“Decent for the money!”
Review of West Rocks Hotel

West Rocks Hotel
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Room was clean (and ready before the 2pm check in time which was nice) and the double was very comfortable with nice bedding.

Decor was old but again everything was clean throughout.

Situated a stones throw (literally) from a section of beach and 10 minute walk from the pier.

Breakfast was amazing. Full English buffet with continental on the side! I could have had eaten it all day long.

For the price we paid, it was a lovely lovely stay and would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Eastbourne on a budget.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for West Rocks Hotel

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have spent the last few months in Eastbourne on Business. As Summer approached the other hotels were not interested in my business travel needs, the West Rock was just coming on line from a major upgrade. The Hotel staff is first rate and they have been taking very good care of me. The rooms I have stayed in (there have been a few now) are very comfortable and give me the change to enjoy the view and feels like home. With my morning departure coming before the scheduled start of the breakfast,The staff takes my breakfast order and prepares my breakfast. This kind of customer service sets the West Rocks at the head of the pack. All toll I will spent 10 weeks at this hotel over the course of May, June, and July.

Room Tip: The Channel View rooms are great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank kwhitecotton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Decided to go here for my birthday dinner with friends as I live close by. The food was outstanding and the service very good to. The entire ambience of the hotel and it's various reception rooms was lovely and friendly. Will definitely be going again and have already booked friends in there later in the summer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It takes a lot to impress me these days however the West Rocks Hotel managed to exceed all my expectations. I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid yet from the moment I walked through the door to the moment I left, the friendly staff treated me like family. Nothing was too much trouble. I had forgotten to pack my phone charger. Steve, the owner lent me his without hesitation. My room was lovely with a view to die for, overlooking the main drag and out to sea. I would recommend eating in the restaurant. Great value and the food was a nice surprise... delicious! I would highly recommend the West Rocks. Thanks to everyone for making my stay so wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Keith K
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights recently. The hotel is undergoing a big makeover and the bedrooms and public areas that are done are very nice indeed. We had a lovely room overlooking the sea which was good value,fresh and modern with a nice bathroom. Quality bed, bed linen and huge fluffy towels made a good impression. Another good point about this hotel is that the staff are all very friendly and helpful.

We ate in the restaurant one evening and enjoyed a great value nicely cooked dinner which was served piping hot on hot plates . Breakfast the next morning however was disappointing. My wife had the English breakfast( one sausage, one rasher of bacon, one piece of black pudding and one poached egg, cooked in too much vinegar). This was served virtually cold. The plate was returned to the kitchen and came back with a hot sausage and everything else cold as before ! The waitress was apologetic but by this time my wife had given up on a hot plate of food. Tea was made in the breakfast room by using an urn which dispensed hot water into the teapots. This resulted in a pot of tea that was not as hot as it should be. Most things in the hotel are good but breakfasts need to be improved.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin P
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Wow what an amazing hotel with real character really clean throughout and great food.
The staff were really helpful and friendly giving the impression of a family run hotel.
I would recommend staying here and great value too.
I will be back to stay next time I am in town..thanks guys

Stuart

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view room the view is amazing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

What a great weekend thanks to the great team of staff- our first stay at West Rocks but in future it will be our only place to stay. Food great quality, cleanliness excellent we knew when booking works still in progress but our stay unspoilt by any of this GOOD LUCK TO ALL & THANKS BIG STYLE see you all soon

Room Tip: ideal place to chill out no rushing in and out of meals
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple