“Good Coach Tour - poor accommodation...”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Good Coach Tour - poor accommodation...”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a 5 day Robinsons Coach Tour to the Imperial. We found the trip to be very well organised and the days out super. The Hotel was ok but it could do with a bit of updating. Our room had no shower and the basin taps dripped and were rusty. Also, when we turned the extractor fan on there was a terrible smell of cigarette smoke - as this was a totally non-smoking hotel I have no idea where it came from. The brochure also said there was a hairdryer in the room, which there wasn't. The meals were fine but the portions were very small (I ordered everything and passed what I couldn't eat to my husband as he was still hungry). Everything was very regimented and there was no flexibiity with meal times. We were probably the youngest on the trip!!! but had a wonderful time with the other guests and it made a lovely mid-week break from work. We would definitely go on a Robinsons tour again, but not to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank judethegardener

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Having just returned from a wonderful holiday at the Imperial Hotel,I felt I must write to thank the staff & in particular Carl, the Manager for their kindness and being so caring. It isn't always easy travelling alone but even the Coach Driver was helpful.I loved the Hotel it was clean,the food was varied & well cooked,the entertainment was superb & great fun.Any requests were dealt with promptly and you were made to feel safe & secure,like part of a family.For the price I paid ,I defy anyone to find a better Hotel.I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
13 Thank grangeroadgran
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The coach trips was good but the hotel room was very under rated, old furniture falling to pieces, the top drawer in the chest of drawers was stuck together with a plaster,, which kept falling off, the shower mat was black with mould, the television was very old and did not work properly. the tiny sink in the bathroom meant that I had to fill the kettle with a cup...The bar only opened at night if you were lucky I felt sorry for the one barman who had to keep going up and down stairs tending to two bars,, The one good thing was the food but only if you had not got a big appetite. overall the holiday cost was not worth the money and I will never return.
Ms P Johnson

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jaygee45
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2011

After arriving home yesterday (Sunday 26th June) I felt that I would just like to say that what a great time was had, we were a party of 40 friends who have been on quite a few coach trips but this was by far the best. The hotel was great, the manager Carl made sure everything ran smoothly, all the staff were very friendly, professional and efficient. The food was good and had good choices. A few of us went on an optional theatre trip which was a great night, something for everyone but most of all was good clean fun. (hilarious). But the best of all was our driver PAUL who was absolutely brilliant the best one we have ever had we can't praise him enough, he was very knowledgable about the places he took us to and made them very interesting. We would certainly go with Robinsons again. Thanks to everyone involved.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank anneandbarbara
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2011

My Husband and I arrived home yesterday evening after a wonderful 5day break at this Hotel, travelling with Robinsons coach Co.. The welcome at the Imperial Hotel was warm and inviting-a feeling that continued for the rest of our stay. The manager, Carl was seen every morning, every evening, meal times, and inbetween times, talking with the guests, enquiring as to whether they'd slept well, asking if the food was to their satisfaction, and if they had enjoyed their days out. He has a very pleasant manner about him, and seems to genuinely care about the wellbeing of his guests. Our bedroom was absolutely fine. It was spacious, and the cleaner did a sterling job each day. The food was delicious! Plenty of choice, and all prepared and cooked to perfection, beautifully served by our very efficient waiter, Andreas. The staff in the hotel are smart, and very professional as they go about their daily duties. We would not hesitate to come to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank karen503933
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Just come home from a few days at the Imperial Hotel in Eastbourne with Robinsons & i must say that it was very enjoyable, we enjoyed every minute that we were there. The staff were very friendly & helpful, the hotel was very clean, & the food was very good too. We had a very nice driver who made our holiday, & he had a good knowledge of the area. Well done Robinsons The only thing that we would want is a room with a shower as we only had a bath & with my husband being a big man it was a struggle for him, as we only have a shower at home.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jenks_11
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2010

We went on a Turkey and Tinsel holiday in November, the hotel was fully booked with at least 5 coach tours. The room was quite large for our needs both having mobility problems, it was nice and clean, had a problem opening the sash window I spoke to the manager regarding this upon return to the room it had opened for us. the food was excellent as was the evening entertainment. Well decorated in a Christmas theme with guess the wieght of the cake and various raffles.Manager and staff were very polite and well trained. We will certainly go back on any other occasion.

• Stayed November 2010