Imperial Hotel
US$51
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$155
  • Beachfront
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$67
  • Pool
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$260
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$72
US$70
US$59
US$56
Agoda.com
US$186
US$182
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$152
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrobinsons holidaysdriver pauldining roommeal timesevening mealcoach tourturkey and tinselmince piesshower roompremier roomhalf boardolder generationserved hotband standour waiterwould recommend this hotel to anyoneexcellent hotel
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Arrived on Sat 27th July.Travelled with a friend on a Robinsons coach holiday for 1 weeks stay. I was very pleasantly surprised by all aspects of the hotel! We had booked a premium room and there was a lovely basket of fresh fruit including grapes and even strawberries. The room was very hot as it was front facing but after a request to reception a fan was provided straight away.We found the food to be of excellent quality and a varied menu(vegetarians very well catered for) All staff were very pleasant and efficient and the entertainment very good. The hotel is well situated just back from the promenade and not far from the pier where all the local buses run from. We had the most fantastic company on this trip everyone friendly and a brilliant driver (Gordon) I would like to mention Silvio who was very efficient and friendly (nothing too much trouble) I would also mention all the dining room staff who were quick to serve again nothing too much trouble. In particular Maria who was our waitress and always had a lovely smile even when really busy! All in all a great holiday I am sure we will be back(if only to give my friend another chance to win a doorstop again in the nightly raffle!!

Room Tip: Worth the extra for a premium room at front nice and sunny with side sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Denise c
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Please read the Rev Peter Ratcliffe review below because he has summed up the Imperial perfectly.
I too went on a KGB £99 deal, 2 nights with 3 course dinner both nights & full breakfast both mornings. Bargain. Well worth the money and would not hesitate to go back to the Imperial next year on the same deal.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank simon c
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Went to this hotel on kGb voucher. We have always had good experience with these deals before but this was an exception. Very friendly reception staff. The room was truly awful, I wouldn't have stayed in this room in the 80's when it was last decorated, it was the size of a large cupboard with a tiny old double bed. The bathroom and toilet were like a hospital room. The view a skylight and peeling paint. And then the coach parties of elderly people arrived en mass. Dinner and breakfast in the huge dining room was two sittings 6.15 or 7pm for dinner. We were allocated 7pm and we were finished 7.30! We are in our 60's but not ready for this type of hotel come holiday camp. The food was fine for the price. We were booked for two nights but left after one I found the whole experience depressing!

Room Tip: Don't have room 128 at any price I suspect it's the worst in the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank moggiemo50
Reviewed 30 July 2013

There was only one thing that was not perfect on this holiday, but I will come to that later!

First the good points, or at least some of them as I cannot write too much!

1. The journey down from South London can be made by car on the quick route via M23 or the medium route on the A22 or the lovely slower backroute through Edenbridge and the Ashdown Forest where Winnie the Pooh is said to live!

2. The hotel issues parking permits for only £1 per day which run through to 11am the following morning so that is very useful.

3. The staff are excellent and cheerful.

4. The location is excellent. It actually benefits from being just a few yards (less than 1 minute walk!) off the seafront road. It is much quieter without the traffic noise that afflicts some other hotels.

5. Most of the guest are from Robinsons holidays who bring coaches of delightful elderly folk from the North of England. They really enjoy themselves and are great to be amongst. Why not talk to them and learn something! We didn't however join them for a game of bingo after dinner!

6. The hotel is extremely well organised so there are quite strict set times for meals. The good wholesome food (similar to home cooking) is delivered to the tables quickly but you are under no pressure to hurry! Water is served with meals and you are under no pressure to buy drinks or feel guilty for not so doing. You even make your choice of evening meal in the morning to enable the restaurant to be even more efficient!

7. While the lifts are small and quaint there are two of them and they work perfectly well. Younger or fitter visitors can of course use the stairs!

8. Tea of coffee is included after the evening meal and the hotel has very much lounge area which guests use throughout the day. Again there is no pressure to buy drinks or more food etc so this is really very relaxing.

9. I did not check if WiFi was available but of a truth it was great to leave the laptop at home for 48 hours! What is the point of a break like this if you need to be online all the time?

10. The bath filled up at great speed and was a good size. Yes, it was old and there was no shower but why not relax and enjoy a bath! You are on holiday!

11. We missed out on the good value packed lunch deal but had a good sandwich in the lounge which was about half the price of London!

Well time has run on so let me get to the one negative point.

I have to say that it was nothing to do with the Imperial ! Personally I had a rotten cold so while the weather was lovely I was confined to the room most the time and could not enjoy my usual long swims in the sea. Well, some things are not that important. The important thing is to have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. With his grace and his precious promises, such minor troubles do not matter at all! In fact, they only remind us that the best is yet to come!

Room Tip: We asked for a side room if possible but got the back side rather than the seaview side. This did not matter to us as it was nice and quiet. Rooms are being updated and some do have showers. Maybe book early to get the choice you want!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rev Peter Ratcliff
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on a KGB deal for 2 nights. I know Eastbourne well and have a very soft spot for it. Our expectations were very low and so we were pleasantly surprised by the good standard of décor, albeit an old building with quirks and odd shapes. I think, if the purpose of the deal is to attract younger people, then it fell very short of the goal; 1. does everyone really need the crust cut off their toast? 2.meals appear to be particularly suited for ease of eating 3. safety handle in the bathroom 4. regimental dining sittings. 5. limited options for breakfast i.e. juice OR cereal OR fruit. We didn't have the hotel meal on the second evening, after the first experience and preferring to eat out. I have included a separate review of an excellent Greek restaurant close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends