“This Italian restaurant is a gem!”
Review of Rosetto

Rosetto
Ranked #19 of 425 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Rosetto Ristorante is an Italian gem in Eastbourne old town. We went out for lunch with friends (who knew the restaurant) and were pleasantly surprised by the ambience, the service and the food. Our waiter was very helpful and explained the menu and special offers. The most special offer was the special lunchtime offer on the majority of pastas and pizzas – GBP 5.00 per dish! The food was excellent and the wine was listed at the "standard bistro price".

This restaurant is a gem and is definitely recommended for lunch. I have no doubt that dinner would be equally good but I have not tried it.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband, myself & another couple visited this restaurant & were very pleasantly surprised at how good the food was & how friendly the staff were. We all had a pre-theatre meal as we were going to the theatre immediately after our meal so were limited for time. Myself & a (female)friend had the vegetable soup served with ciabatta bread, followed by lasagne & a side salad. We finished off with bread & butter pudding with vanilla ice cream. My husband & his friend had garlic bread topped with cheese followed by lasagne while his friend had spaghetti bolognese. They both finished their meals with tiramisu. It really was very nice & also very reasonably priced.
We will definitely be back as the ambience was excellent as was the service.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had had a long day watching the airshow
Everywhere was booked but the manager of this place let us have a quick PIzza n drinks all pizza n pasta £5 before 5 pm well worth and nice food nice staff.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent meal, delicious, staff all very friendly & attentive. Very good value for money. We will be back very soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our b&b owners said they had had a number of guests recommend this little Italian restaurant and, as we were going to the theatre, we thought we would try it and were so glad we did. What a contrast to the Italian meal we had had (at Pomodora e Mozzarelli) nearby, the night before... (not impressed!). But here, at Rosetto, the staff were efficient, welcoming, friendly and helpful and the food was just delicious. I had the sirloin with a lovely garlic butter sauce and my husband had the lasagne and we were both delighted with our choices. For dessert, the kitchen indulged me, by allowing me to combine two parts from two different dishes and again my dessert and my husband's panna cotta pleased us both immensely. Very reasonably priced, service not too slow, not too fast. We shall certainly return. Thanks especially to the kitchen and the lovely waitress from Sardinia!