“Day out”

Sussex Voyages
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Eastbourne
“Day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I had my friend here from Switzerland & wanted to give her a good day, we book a trip to the light house with Sussex voyages & luckily the weather was kind to us. I really enjoyed our trip the men organising the trip were gr8, we felt very save & looked after, & although I live in Eastbourne I still learnt a lot about it. Thank you for a live trip

Glasgow, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a great trip - we went on the hour long one to Beachy Head. The booking process was really straightforward and the crew on the boat were extremely professional. Safety procedures were all explained clearly. Liz was really good at pointing out the various sights on the voyage. Could have stayed on the RIB all day! We hope to do this again sometime.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing time for my daughters 6th birthday!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I took my daughter on the beachy head tour for her 6th birthday this week. She loved it! The lighthouse is iconic and a must for her to witness. The staff were so friendly and we both came away knowing about boats, locks, marinas, fish, lighthouse, sea, bananas, wars, ship wrecks, a wealth of knowledge. Compared to the prices you can pay in London to walk around a building this is excellent quality for your money. We plan on doing the speed boat trip next!

Visited August 2014
uk
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Well run company, some great trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have taken two trips with Sussex Voyages in the last couple of years, first the Beachy Head trip, which was fun and informative, and this last weekend, The Sovereign light tower trip. Have been trying to do this trip for a couple of years whenever we have had a free day to do so, it is weather/sea conditions dependent, and only runs in August. But don`t let that put you off - it is a trip well worth taking, personally, it`s been a dream of sorts to see it up close, when you can see it from the coast all around Eastbourne. On both trips you are given lots of information about what you are seeing, when the boat is slowed down. It is a fast boat, and personally I don`t do too well on the water, but had no problems here, I was concerned particularly on the Sovereign light tower trip as it`s 6 miles out to sea, but the sea was calm and I had no problem at all - I did take sea sickness pills and wear one of those pressue point bands though as a precaution. You do get a little bit wet though. Lifejackets and waterproofs are provided. It`s a pleasant walk to Sovereign harbour, although there are buses too - only one an hour direct on Sundays, but maybe more frequent at other times. The traveline website is useful for information on these.

Visited August 2014
“Brilliant, beautiful boat trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I brought my kids & Godchildren, 6 of them age 8-13. We were all thrilled with the experience; the boat zips along at a merry pace; fine for children and seniors alike. The crew were friendly and informative, putting us at ease right away.
We will be back when my youngest is old enough to try the Powerboat Adventure!
Thank you Sussex Voyages!

Visited July 2014