“Perfect place”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Visited The Kiosk again last weekend, brilliant experience from start to finish, warm welcome even though it was busy. Inexpensive, freshly prepared breakfast, excellent value for money, coffee too.
This family run cafe is fantastic, soooooooooooooo much better than Costa, Starbucks, Nero etc.
Thank you to Yas, Philomena, Amirah & Ali your doing a fabulous job!
Can't wait to return!!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I moved to Eastbourne 2 years ago and The Kiosk is my favourite cafe.
Philomena and Yaz are wonderful hosts and I have been made so welcome.
I take my 3 Westies there around 3 times a week and they are made equally welcome too and don't they know how to charm Philomena!
The Kiosk closed from January to March and I along with many other customers fell into decline !!
Every day when the sun shines The Kiosk beckons.
Many Thanks to Philomena and Yaz.
Peter X

Reviewed 1 May 2013

me and my girlfriend visit this cafe any weekends that we can and they do the best baguettes!!! owners are very friendly and prices are really reasonable. I have also come in with my work mates some weekends for an english breakfast and a good cuppa which is always delicious and never disappointing.... big thank you to 'the kiosk!'

Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

We came across this Gem by chance over 4 years ago and we're now addicted to this unique Cafe. This place is one of a kind. We have made so many friends here. The food, atmosphere, beautiful views cleanliness and service is second to none.  Basic menu that's well done, freshly prepared and at very reasonable prices. You will always leave in a better mood. Thank you Philomena & Yaz for making everyone so welcome.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Yes dogs are more than welcome in this cafe. The owner Philomena loves dogs so much that comes from behind the servery to feed them biscuits . Then she pats them and tickles them. Then she returns to position behind the counter to carry on preparing drinks and handling food. "Did you see her wash her hands" I asked my husband,
" No he said i did not.
We do not frequent the Kiosk any more because of this.

The tables are also plagued by birds looking for scraps.

jassimsuk, Manager at The Kiosk, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Hi Jacki C. Thank you for your review. I can assure you that you are 100% mistaken if you think that anyone serving does not wash their hands if they come into contact with any animal before serving again. We have a 5* hygiene rating and tables are cleared and sprayed with antibacterial within seconds and even when busy we have someone employed just to keep things clean. We have Antibacterial hand gel for all to use. We do not have any problems with birds and have notices up requesting customers not to feed the birds. We are very proud of our hygiene routine. We are an outdoor Cafe and everyone is welcome including dogs and this will NEVER change. Over 80% of our customers are regulators who have been coming here for many years and we thank everyone for their appreciation of the hard work we put in and the very happy atmosphere that creates.