“Spot on - Clean and comfortable - Bargain for £40 a night”
Review of Shore View Hotel

Shore View Hotel
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Addlestone, United Kingdom
“Spot on - Clean and comfortable - Bargain for £40 a night”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed here on the weekend of the East Bourne Air show Sunday 18th Aug with my partner. I wasn’t sure what to expect as it used to be a Travel lodge, but it exceed my expectations.

Check in was pretty straight forward, they do ask for a card to be swiped as a safety deposit however all hotels do this now a days. The room was clean and comfortable; we had a bath with a shower above it and a large TV with free view. I would recommend this hotel to everyone if you’re looking for somewhere comfortable to get you head down for the night. Please note no shampoo or shower gel however you get what you pay for! For £40 a night this is a bargain. The location is very close to the pier and town centre, no parking however there is on street parking (if you can get it) or Trinity’s car park close by with is £2 for 24 hours.

2 Thank lynnie_dude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Slovak first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Lovely clean room with sea view. Good sized bathroom with shower.The bed was very comfortable, great choice of food at breakfast. Great location near the pier. Staff very friendly and helpful. We had a great 3 nights and feel we had very good value for money.

2 Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Basic, basic, basic, basic.... Ok but basic. Ok for a business stay but I wouldn't choose to stay here if I had similar priced options. The hotel is undergoing a refit ( tools and mess in the lobbies/stairwells) so I'm sure it will mprove with time. I HOPE SO. The staff appeared to be new but they were helpful. I stay in Eastbourne for business at least once a month, and will use Shore View again, during busy seasons, when othe hotels are full.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Eastbourne hotels

La Tour-de-Peilz, Suisse
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Quite nice big hotel located in front of the sea and near the Pier. Had a very nice room on the top floor with sea view. Room was clean but bathroom was missing shampoo or showergel, or even tissues. The hotel was quite a labyrinth but finallyfound my way. Breakfast was varied but quite messy. Had diner there the first night and it was OK.The hotel was fully booked due to the Airbourne exhibition and the staff looked nervous and could not really always manage. They even shout on each other at breakfast in front of the customers... Even if double room for a single person with breakfast included I fond the price a bit too high. As they were fully booked the 3rd day of my stay, I changed and booked another hotel which was smaller but much more friendly, clean and had shampoo, showergel , tissues and even body milk. As I arrived in the second hotel, I notices that I had forgotten my sleeping tshirt at the Shore View Hotel. As it was close to my second hotel, I sent there and asked if they round it. I had the impression that my request ennoyed the guy and he quickly asked for it to tell me that they found nothing. Well must say they need to be more professional , maybe the staff is too young and need more experience.

Room Tip: The hotel is a real labyrinth, difficult to know which on has a sea view. Better ask for it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Hellocathy
CATFORD
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Although originally we booked this as a Travelodge, it was taken over by Shore View, we were very happy we kept the booking. Although we didn't eat there the hotel was very clean and modern. The staff were very helpful. We will be staying again.

Room Tip: Not the room but parking. Ask reception for parking tickets.
England
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Used a booking site to book one night bed and breakfast in a sea view room. The room we were given didn't have a sea view and we were told breakfast would cost us extra. We were moved to a sea view room (credit to the receptionist for fixing that mistake straight away) but unfortunately we had to explain we had booked bed and breakfast a second time in the restaurant in the morning. Then to top off the admin errors we were asked to pay when we checked out, although we pre-paid when booking!

The hotel is in a good location and our room was very clean and well presented. However we didn't get a good nights sleep. The noise from the road outside is understandably outside the hotel's control but the constant slamming of internal corridor doors throughout the night was very disturbing. This was particularly bad because the door in the corridor outside our room marked 'fire door - keep shut' didn't close properly so we could hear everyone using the main staircase.

2 Thank danzy
Stowmarket, Suffolk
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed here with my wife on August 13th in readiness for the Airshow. The booking was made in March when the establishment was a Travelodge. We had absolutely no notice of this change but expected the booking conditions to remain the same under the new regime. This was not the case as we were disturbed by cleaners on check out day at 10.45 a.m. and told check out was 11 a.m. (Travelodge checkout is noon) When we arrived for check in the clerks were not in control of matters at all with a customer in front of us having room problems through a broken radiator. Without going into full detail the new regime are not a patch on Travelodge. Our room had absolutely no brochures on hotel procedures and no information at all on check out times. There was also no information at all on facilities available or food/drink options. Not a way to promote facilities that are available. The decor of the hotel was fine but there is no parking on site which is a must have in Eastbourne. Our room was at the rear of the building where there is a huge air conditioning unit which was very very noisy. Overall a very disappointing stay at a hotel which has much work to do in the public relations department.

Room Tip: Room at front is a must for sea views. At back you risk air con noise and a very noisy pub.
3 Thank itfc2007