“Shore View Hotel, sure worth a visit!”
Review of Shore View Hotel

Shore View Hotel
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This hotel continues to make it transformation from a Travelodge (who were crazy to sell it in my opinion). Its location is perfect, a lovely old building overlooking the sea. very close to the town centre and 2 minutes from the pier. Improvements have been made to be honest, lovely new beds, carpets, larger TV's amongst other things although there is still some work to do. My bathroom was (apart from a new glass shelf) much the same bathroom. But, they are getting there, nice new lounge area by reception is another big improvement. I enjoyed a pleasant problem free 3 night stay. As ever all staff were polite and friendly (in their new uniforms) and my room was cleaned daily. I did not eat here so can not comment on the food but did notice the dinning area and bar area have also had a spruce up. All in all a much improved hotel but still a little way to go. I look forward to my next visit and do recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KTPW12

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed 24th august - 1st september and had room 319 up on 3rd floor, view was a rooftop where kitchen staff went for cigarette breaks.
The room was dark and miserable, extractor fan didn't work in bathroom was reported and we were told it would be fixed one week later we checked out and still wasn't fixed.
We returned from a day out to find our door had been left open by the cleaners, beds were poorly made hoovering wasn't done and bins not emptied. Every day I had to go reception to ask for toilet rolls.
Very unhappy about our stay don't think we will be returning, shame as we have stayed there for years with no problems.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Sylvie H
ShoreViewHotel, General Manager at Shore View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Sylvie H,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Shore View Hotel. Please accept our apologies for your disappointing experience. As a regular previous guest, I hope you will be able to appreciate the numerous significant improvements we have recently made to the hotel as part of a refurbishment program, for the enhancement of our guest experience. You have quite rightly highlighted some training issues that we are currently addressing and I hope that if you choose to return you will be able to see for yourself that these have now been addressed.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We visited when the new owners had only just taken over from Travelodge. Despite this, the staff were friendly and had already made inroads into the changes that needed to happen. Rooms were spacious and clean and some have fantastic views over Eastbourne seafront. The hotel is fantastically placed for all of the restaurants and the town centre. A great place for a short break or holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview. We asked for a larger double room so that we could put a child's travel cot i...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel now on several occasions since last year and when it was under Travelodge over ship. This was the second times since Its changed to the Shoreview name and it was very very pleased with the improvements made.

I've always been allocated a sea view room on a high floor, this time i was allocated a lower floor room at the back of the building, at first I was very wary but after 8 nights I would definitely recommend it, I stayed in room 14 and it was very quiet. Again if you want a bath, request one!!!

The house keeping again has massively improved since the days of travelodge I couldn't fault them.

The hotel looks very fresh and clean throughout.

I've spent a lot of money at this hotel and stayed their 8 times since 2012 for 4nights+ and I would defiantly recommend this.

Again I look forward to visiting soon

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed in room 208 with my wife and 2 children (4 and 6) during the last weekend of August 2013. I believe the hotel used to be a Travelodge and has undergone a lot of renovation recently. This shows - everything is clean - the rooms were tidy, comfy bed. My two kids slept in a fold out sofa bed next to each other, but both seemed to sleep OK so that's always good news for a parent! View from the hotel window was superb - we felt on top of the beach and we enjoyed fantastic weather which always helps! The location of the hotel is great - it's around 100 yards form the Pier with something to walk to in either direction. The trade off for the location is the parking situation - when I arrived there wasn't any parking space along the sea-front, so I had to hover outside the hotel, drop the wife, kids and bags off, and then drive to the NCP Car Park at Trinitys Way. This is about a 5-10 min walk away and costs £2.50 for 24 hours. I then moved the car outside the hotel the following morning. The sea-front costs £4 for 10 hours....The staff at the hotel were OK - not the most engaged but friendly enough. The breakfast was very good - I can't comment on the dinner. Fire alarm went off at 6:45 on Sunday morning which was very annoying. My wife overheard one of the staff saying that seemed to happen quite a lot. Mmmm. Despite small annoyances, I would probably go there again.

Room Tip: Get a sea-view - I had room 208!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DarrenCarroll
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Having read a very mixed bag of reviews we set off for a 2 night break prior to moving house. We need not have worried as the whole hotel has been refurbished and is very clean and modern. The new beds are great too. We were very fortunate to be given room 206 which had a large balcony area ( not able to go on due to H and S) with wonderful views of the beach. What really makes this hotel special is the warmth and friendliness of all the staff we met. The only slight issue is the traffic noise from the road but it does become quiet during sleeping hours. All in all this hotel is highly recommended - don't hesitate.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and it exceeded our expectations. The room we had was clean (and quiet at night, phew!), all the staff we met were helpful and we were pleased to be able to leave our bags after check out so we could collect them later.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple