“Beautifully clean & airy rooms”
Review of Shore View Hotel

Shore View Hotel
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Pleurtuit, France
“Beautifully clean & airy rooms”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had booked a sea view room which was lovely and airy and large. The decor was fresh and bright and the shower room was well appointed.
The "communal areas" are also light, bright and clean.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and really do want to please. Makes a very pleasant change to some hotel staff you meet.

The downside? Not much storage space, a bit of hanging space but no shelves to speak of. In the shower the curtain has a tendency to cling to you as the shower tray is, I presume an 80cms one which is normal but I personally find a bit narrow. Perhaps it's just the way I shower.
One other thing is, that although you have a "balcony" you can't use it as the door to it is sealed. I presume for security reasons.

There is also a restaurant but I'm going to review that separately as the two elements of Shore View should be kept apart in my opinion.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ShoreViewHotel, General Manager at Shore View Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Gogif,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Shore View Hotel. We take all constructive guest feedback very seriously as it is our only opportunity to improve the high standards we set ourselves. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated your newly re-furbished sea view room and also the "communal areas" .

I will pass on your positive comments to the staff which are always nice to hear.

We are planning to add extra hangers to the storage space and there are shelves which are adequate for the majority of our visitors who are with us for a short stay although I will certainly look into further storage solutions.

The balconies have been sealed for health and safety reasons. I hope when you come back to Eastbourne that you will re-book at the Shore View Hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed here for one night this weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Hotel is situated right on the seafront, with some rooms offering views out to the sea and the pier. Paid £60 for a double room via their website and arrived on Saturday afternoon. Parking is always tricky around there but parked on one of the back streets where it was free. Check in was smooth and was given the keys to a room on the 4th floor. The room was a good size and very comfortable. My only gripe was the stains on the runner of the bed, I just chucked this on the side and didn't use it but It's never nice to fine
The bathroom was fine, decent size with a shower/bath. Didn't spend much time in the hotel but the public area's all seems clean and well decorated. Didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on that either but overall it was a decent stay and good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
ShoreViewHotel, General Manager at Shore View Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Jenefaerian,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, as it is very important to us at the hotel. Please be assured that I have spoken to our Head Housekeeper regarding your comments about the bedding. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return to the hotel if you are visiting Eastbourne.
London
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having stayed here when it was a Travelodge we were not sure what to expect, however we were pleasantly surprised, the changes they had made improved the overall quality of the accommodation. Reception was friendly and helpful and the room was clean and warm.
There was a good choice of cooked food at breakfast and everything was piping hot.
Would definitely come back again

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pub, very noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Minkymonkey
Dear Minky Monkey,

Thank you for your constructive feedback I am please you had an enjoyable stay and that you would come back to the hotel if you are staying in Eastbourne.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Me my wife and baby stayed here last weekend and enjoyed it very much the room was clean the receptionist who checked us in was pleasent unfortunately they didn't have the travel cot ready for us but as I have worked as a porter in hotels it wasn't a problem for me to do it and they serve Becks vier ahhh nectar

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Steve and Vicky,

Thank you for your constructive feedback which I have discussed with our housekeeping department. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and hope you will return when you visit Eastbourne again.
Yiewsley
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Having stayed in this hotel when it was a Travelodge, I was rather worried about it. However, the hotel has been redecorated to a sufficient standard. The public areas were clean, tidy and nicely decorated.

Stay started off badly with the receptionists (2 off) not really knowing how to use the computers and not explaining anything about the hotel facilities or breakfast. Both staff were pleasant enough but not fully confident.

Room was small for a family room which was actually a normal double with a metal sofa-bed thing pulled out to make the second bed. Main bed was comfortable, but I was informed the sofa-bed was uncomfortable. With both beds in the room there was no room to use the desk and chair provided.

The bathroom was simply the Travelodge one repainted. This meant small bath acting more as a shower tray than a bath.

Breakfast was okay but nothing to write home about.

Overall this hotel is worth the money as it is well located, clean, tidy and provided all the required items for a stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Yiewsley,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, as you correctly stated we have recently undergone a major re-furbishment costing over half a million pounds which included substantial works back of house as well as the restaurant and all 90 bedrooms. Unfortunately we were unable to stretch to major works in the bathrooms but this is part of our forward plan.

I hope that you would consider using the Shore View hotel on your return visits to Eastbourne.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

After having researched this hotel and finding that it was formerly a Travelodge, I arrived with some trepidation! However, my fears were quickly allayed as soon as we were greeted by the delightful Joanna on reception who was wonderfully friendly and helpful. Parking was also painless at just £1 per night to park in any of the bays on the seafront. Be sure to enquire at reception on arrival to obtain a permit.

After going through the usual check-in formalities, we were pointed in the direction of our room. Upon arrival, I was pleased to find a warm, spacious room which was tastefully decorated and well-furnished to a high standard. In fact, I've stayed in four star hotels which haven't been as well presented as this room. The only negative with the room which I will mention is that the bathroom, whilst immaculately clean, was incredibly small and had rather loud plumbing, exacerbated every time the cistern refilled.

Generally speaking, so far so good. Sadly however, I can't give this hotel five out of five (although it came close to it) due to the food. The Lounge menu, consisting of sandwiches and Paninis, was well priced and, on paper at least, looked promising. However, I ordered one of the Indian dishes, which although tasty, did not represent good value for money; the ridiculously over-priced Naan breads which were a tad larger than your hand were so over-priced it was insulting!

All in all, it is a great shame that the food experience marred what was otherwise an almost perfect stay. The location, staff, standard of accommodation and value (excluding the restaurant) really were faultless. My advice would be to stay here but eat elsewhere and you'll have a faultless stay!

Room Tip: Floorboards can be a tad creaky so for a peaceful night, ask for a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wycombe-Simon
Dear Simon,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, I am glad you had an enjoyable stay, and we will certainly review the items on the menu including prices when we make the next menu change.
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I took my 2 children (7&8) for a weekend away in Eastbourne with the intention of visiting some of the local sights.
The hotel staff were so very helpful upon our arrival. Nothing was too much trouble. We were made to feel very welcome & reception informed me of breakfast times, parking, etc.
The room was plenty big enough for the 3 of us, although the view was not the greatest! (A concrete courtyard!!) If you're lucky enough to have a sea view from your room, it will make the world of difference!!
Although there isn't any designated parking for the hotel, there was plenty of parking off the main road or pay & display parking places directly out the front.
Breakfast was plentiful... I would recommend pre paying for the full English! And kids eat free!!!

On the whole, a great trip with a great stay in a lovely hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Nicola B,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, we do offer an upgrade to a sea view room for a modest charge of £10.00 per room which is a very popular option among our regular visitors.

I hope you will return to stay at the hotel soon.