Breakers Guest House
Cavendish Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$167
US$52
US$98
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$266
US$231
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$64
  • Breakfast included
US$59
  • Breakfast included
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$74
  • Pool
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$68
Priceline
  • Beachfront
All reviewsb bowners markfresh fruitbreakfast was deliciousbunk bedsfull englishlovely hostsdecorated to a very high standardwonderful guesthousebiscuitsminute walk to the pierfeel very welcomeour room was spotlessly cleansea view and balconyfamily roomroyal paradebottled water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just come back from a short break and I was very happy with my stay. Mark the host was a great host very nice person he takes bride in his business and nothing was too much trouble... Excellent Breakfast great location... no faults.. :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Breakers56, Owner at Breakers Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thanks Andy for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope the revision is going well. Good luck with your exams.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My partner and I stayed in the second floor room with balcony for one night in March. High standard throughout the house and the room. Extremely clean, very comfortable bed, soft carpet, first class bathroom, and very nice decoration. Excellent English breakfast with high quality ingredients, and very nice breakfast room. The hosts were welcoming, helpful and not intrusive.
Very quiet inside the house and in the room. Balcony is very cute and quiet at night but noisy during the day as there is a bit busy road right in front the house. Must say the whole seafront in Eastbourne has this road in between beach and hotels so no way this can be avoided if you want sea front room. Still no noise inside the room at day or night and the view pays for everything. Beach is right in front of the house and location is great to go walking to restaurants and centre of Eastbourne.

High standard, you will like it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

A return trip to Eastbourne was planned, so with no hesitation I telephoned Breakers ,but was told that they were full, my initial disapointment was short lived when Christine informed me that the new Family room would be finished in time for our stay if we would not mind staying in it.

On arrival Mark showed us down to the room (It is on the ground floor below the Morning room used for Breafast) What a surprise we got ---the room is very large with a huge window that floods the room with light and Sunshine. The decor has been thought with care and the colours blend,and attention to detail did indeed remind me of the Sea even the little tiles in the Bathroom. Which did have a bath and shower important with little ones.

The new bunk Beds are of very good quality as is the large double and all the furniture, for a family it would be the perfect room plenty of space between the beds as in all of the room and lots of all important drawes etc.

We did wonder if we would hear people moving around in the morning room as the went for breakfast but to our surprise we could not hear a thing ,likewise I supose if we could not hear from above then they could not hear downstairs, perfect if you have little ones .

Our stay was just lovely -- only thing missing --children-- So perhaps next time we will bring the two Grandchildren its the perfect place for a family break.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Breakers56, Owner at Breakers Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Linda and Jeff, it was good to see you both again. Thank you for your positive review of our new family room and we look forward to seeing you again next month.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We were looking in Brighton initially but were shocked by the prices (double what we paid here!) and in the end opted to stay at the Breakers due to the location, cost and positive reviews on Trip Advisor and Booking.com. So glad we did.

We had originally booked to stay in November but had to re-arrange due to a surprise 50th birthday in Ireland.

Mark & Christine were very accommodating and changed the dates, without added costs and with no fuss.

We stayed on Friday 28/2 & Saturday 1/3.

Prior to arrival, I received an e-mail from Mark requesting that I make contact. It transpired that he wanted to give us some forewarning regarding our room. After the terrible wind and rain which has battered this country recently, he wanted to firstly apologise and explain that the flashing on the chimney had come away and some rain had seeped in causing cosmetic damage, to which he apologised profusely. Secondly he asked whether we wanted to reschedule again or carry on with our stay. My wife and I were grateful for the e-mail, telephone conversation and in particular the consideration Mark had shown and continued with our stay.

We stayed in a Large King Size room (5) on the 1st floor, with ensuite toilet and shower. The bed was extremely comfortable and easy to sleep in. I suspect a quality bed and fittings had a lot to do with it!

Breakfast was very nice with the choice of both continental and full English as well as 'off the menu' requests. The sausages, eggs and bacon are locally sourced and were delicious.

Overall, a great stay with lovely hosts, so much so that we'll definitely return.

In fact I was in two minds to share this with you, as it's that good that I really wanted to keep it to myself!

Thanks Mark & Christine.

Best wishes,

Jason & Michelle

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Jason and Michelle for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. We particularly appreciate your understanding of the issue of the cosmetic damage to the décor in your room, having been caused by the recent bad weather. We are pleased to report that the repairs are now complete and redecoration will be underway soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

There are many guest houses in Eastbourne to choose from but I was so glad I opted for Breakers. The owners were very welcoming and made us feel at home. We were visiting for my daughter to attend a University Interview and they kindly accommodated us with breakfast an hour earlier than usual...stopped us panicking about being late!! Our room had a big balcony overlooking the sea which even in February I enjoyed. The room was of a good size, was immaculately clean and very nicely furnished. The en-suite shower room was also spotless and the hot water was plentiful. Beds were very comfortable and we both appreciated the quality bed linen used. Little details like a well stocked tea/coffee/hot chocolate/biscuits tray added to the luxury feel of the whole experience. Breakfast was delicious with a good choice of fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts, toast and muffins as well as the added bonus of a cooked breakfast...no need for lunch after that lot!
The Guest house is situated near to the town centre (5-10 minutes stroll) and just a few minutes away from the pier, which looks fabulous lit up at night (bonus of the balcony). There were plenty of places to eat in the evening all within easy walking distance so no need to move the car once parked. On the subject of parking it is not on site but on the side streets near the Guest house. On a positive it is free of charge and we always found a place quite nearby with no problem - but it was February.
Breakers represents really excellent value for money and if I were to come back to Eastbourne I would not waste time looking at accommodation lists....I would definitely stay at Breakers!

Room Tip: I think paying a little extra for one of the sea view rooms is worth it...after all you are at the seaside!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Jane, thank you for your wonderful review. Its always good to hear that our best efforts are appreciated. We hope your daughter gets the place she wants at University and if that's in Eastbourne then we would love to welcome you at Breakers again.