“Expensive steak with little atmosphere and poor service”

Two Bulls Steakhouse
Ranked #23 of 430 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A large and airy dining room in this beautiful former landmark pub with an open kitchen and very informal service is a great place to relax and enjoy a good steak. You can see the dry aging beef on display and you can see the genuine charcoal grill at work on your steak. This is definitely not fine dining but what you do get is rustic, simple, homemade food with strong natural flavours.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Went for lunch, first time at the two bulls, service poor, didn't explain the menu, waitress more interested looking at her phone, steaks poorly cooked for medium rare especially when paying £22 for one. One positive bottled Harvey's beer.

3  Thank Anthony P

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went to the Two Bulls for a special occasion. We pass it every day and always meant to come in.
It wasn't a dissapointment, but also, not the best either. My husbands rib eye was lovely, but my filet was chewy.
It was a nice meal, but I think the prices bring the marks down. Top notch prices but not top notch food!

2  Thank macymae2004
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Well cooked and presented steak. Lovely friendly service. Couldn't fault the place. Small bar attached to the restaurant to have a drink while you wait for your table. We rang and made a reservation last minute and they fit us in with no problems.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited here on the 1st August with my boyfriend & had the most amazing meal I think I've ever had out! Staff were very friendly and welcoming, food was divine. My boyfriend had the 21day aged ribeye and said "bloody delicious, best steak I've had in all my life! " I had the chick and it was superb! Staff were very attended but not in your face which was great balance! Also very good value for money! Will defiantly be coming back, and have been raving about this place ever since.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited here for a late lunch. I ordered 6oz sirloin steak and my partner had the half lobster, both were beautifully cooked, prompt and staff were extremely friendly. I also had the chocolate pot for desert which was amazing but quite rich so needed some help to finish it :). The restaurant was clean, well furnished and overall was very good value for money. I would recommend to anyone and will definitely be returning.