“Excellent”

Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Kent
“Excellent”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We have just returned home from a weekend trip to this Hotel, we attended a Hotsteps dance school social weekend.
From the moment we checked in we were made to feel welcome. Having been to this hotel before we were keen to have the same room. I emailed the hotel a few days before our trip and explained were the room was and we were given it without any problems.
The receptionist ( a young asian lady with a very pretty face) was most welcoming and helped with the parking and offered help with our case.
The rooms in this hotel are very individual some are smaller than others and some have better furnishings than others but all the rooms we have seen look comfortable. There are areas that could do with decorating but if this is not a priority to you then this is an excellent hotel.
The food is plentiful and there is a good selection with helpful friendly staff at all times. All the staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome.
Thank you for a very pleasent,comfortable stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: room 103 is a large twin with a side view of the sea
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank QueenIsis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed at Albany Lions for a family wedding. Really impressed with the hotel and staff. Food was excellent and room and beds very comfortable. Lovely big opening windows to let the fresh sea air in. Sorry to leave. Would most definately return.

Room Tip: Seafront room 110 was big, bright and airy. Very little noise from seafront. Prime view over beach f...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank SUSBRAN
kent
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here for one night 03/02, it does need a bit of paint here & there but hey dont most places. I was very impressed with the staff & the breakfast buffet was very nice. We would def stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank yidarmyKent
Home Counties
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I can't believe some of the negative reviews I've read on this perfectly pleasant hotel. We stayed there recently after visiting a friend nearby and yes, it needs a coat of paint, but you can't fault it on its excellent seafront location and proximity to all local amenities. The staff were friendly and helpful, the price reasonable and the room was fine. A good breakfast was had by all, we would certainly stay there again. Just one small moan (and the Albany Lions is far from being the only hotel guilty of this) - why is there nowhere to put your soap and shampoo when you're in the shower?

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AlgernonKent
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I was there for a short 2 night break with my teenage son. when we arrived we were waiting for 15 minutes to be served because there appeared to be only one person on duty. When served he gave me the key and when I looked at my ticket I noticed it was for a double room (I'd ordered a twin). When I mentioned this he was a little rude to begin with but sorted the problem very quickly and found us an alternative room within minutes. I lugged my heavy case up 4 flights of stairs - I wasn't offered any help and if I had been told it was up a lot of stairs I would have asked for help. Disappointingly there was only decaffeinated coffee in the room. Overall though my stay was comfortable - apart from the occasional rumble from the heating, room and en-suite we clean and smart, beds comfortable and breakfast delicious! I'd go again.

Room Tip: ask for help carrying your bag up the stairs.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Lesley N
Essex, England
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Went to this hotel for a ballroom dancing weekend. On a positive note, it has a great ballroom with sprung floor. However, this hotel does need a lot of money spent on it. Our bedroom was old fashioned with a tiny bathroom. Cracked tiles were a feature and you had to be careful you didn't hit your head on the sink when sitting on the loo!! The restaurant was just ok but we can certainly recommend the roast beef and yorkshire. The hotel is ideally situated right across from the sea and parking wasn't a problem in the adjacent side road with vouchers costing £1 per day (free on Sunday), obtained from reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room overlooking the sea on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Stephen and Brenda

Travellers are raving about these Eastbourne hotels

Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We found this hotel very pleasant,good food ,clean room large bathroom for a change.
Friendly atmosphere ,enjoyable entertainment. Would certainly stay here again.
Wilf and Sylvia .Hinckley ,Leics.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple