Albany Lions Hotel
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Beachfront
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$266
US$232
Agoda.com
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Shore View Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$75
US$55
  • Beachfront
New Wilmington Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$59
  • Breakfast included
US$183
Travelocity
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$74
  • Pool
Afton Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$68
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarvery styleshowing its agecoach tripgrab railsreasonable choiceenjoyed my stayeach eveningopposite the beachpleasant hotelbit dateddining roomlarge roombiscuitsthird floorcomfy bedballroomboiler
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This hotel is appaling - from the lift that feels as if it is going to give up before it reaches half way to the first floor - to the Earth electrical flex holding up the shower stall in the bathroom - not to mention the broken tiles on the shower edge jutting out with a sharp edge 2 inches above the ground - this place is everything that is wrong with the British tourist industry - quite the worst place I have stayed in decades - and that includes China, India and Blackpool!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ShetlandCrescent
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My first visit to Eastbourne, 1st - 5th October 2012, holidaying alone but travelled with a coach company. Albany Lions is a large 5 storey hotel right on the seafront, near the bandstand.

My single room was on the top floor, with a commanding view of the English Channel. (Although this was a bonus, I am not usually bothered about the view as I don't go on holiday to sit in my room looking out of the window). The room was immaculate, as was the bathroom which looked to have been newly fitted. My only grumble was that after the first day, the shower was not as warm as I would have liked. Some of my fellow guests said it was too hot to sleep at night. It was a bit warm in the rooms but I didn'find it too bad. Leaving the window open at night meant I couldn't sleep for the noise of the sea.

Meals at the hotel are all buffet (self service) style, including carvery at dinner times. I found the range and quality of the meals to be good and left the dining room well satisfied..

Entertainment on Monday and Tuesday evenings was very good and enjoyed by all guests. On the wednesday night, there was no entertainment but another coach party from Wales made their own entertainment with CDs and dancing. Most of us from our coach party joined them in the ballroom and had a most enjoyable time.We repeated this on the next night when we felt the entertainment provided was a little to 'gentle' for us.I felt that 10.30pm was a little early for the entertainment to finish, and would have prefered the bar to stay open after 11pm, perhaps till 11.30.

All bedrooms are acessed by ellectronic key cards,which helps increase security. A lift to all floors is available, also, the 1st and 2nd floors are serviced by stairlifts. As the lift was always in demand by less mobile guests, I persevered with the 80+ steps to and from my room
I found every menber of staff to be efficient ,courteous and friendly, nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. All in all, we all had a very enjoyable holiday. As a keen walker I may well visit Eastbourne again to explore more of the South Downs footpaths, past BeachyHead. The Albany will certainly be my first choice of accommodation

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have great views but the sea is noisy when rough during the night. Room 410 a good choice for singles.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank malcw58
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed at the Albany Lions hotel in August 2012 We were charged £120.00 for one night, which we have paid before, although before we have stayed in beautiflly large, furnished rooms, with very generous sized on-suites. This room however was the complete opposite, room 314 was situated at the back of the hotel, it had thread-bare red carpet, an alluminous green wall clock facing the bed, the chest of drawers had a drawer missing, the wardrobe door had paint mrks all over it, and the 'on-suite', was the size of a toilet, with herendous tiling, which i think they mus have attempted to do themselves. The decor was like a rundown b&b from the 70's. It was like i had woken up in charity shop, with odds n sods furniture. And to top it, when we took a look outside the window, we were greeted with ten ton of pigeon poop. The bed however was comfortable, although once we flushed the loo, the cistern gushed water all night, which is directly next to the bed, and it would'nt flush again for at least half an hour. The breakfast was ok, but when i asked for some more tea, i was told to "wait a moment, while i clean this table", which is fine, i accept the waiter was busy, but he never came back with my tea, and served another table instead. The very polite young waitress promptly brought some more after i asked again. We had been looking forard to a nice weekend break in a lovely hotel. We were extremley lucky with weather, which meant it was'nt a total wash-out. I believe that if the Gulzar's, who own these hotels decorated their rooms, half as much as they decorate their 4x4's, then they would be on to a winner! Ww would never stay in one of their hotels ever again. Appalling for 4 star prices for a 1 star room.

Room Tip: Make sure that you check the room on-line and then make certain it is the same quality room that appealed to you, not some dump!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heidiDowne
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Lovely helpful and most importantly, smiling staff! Quiet room. Yes its a little old fashioned. Yes, it could do with a revamp but you get what you pay for. Great location. Clean. And a proper, old school fry up breakfast. We moved here from the Travelodge down the road and I was extremely happy I did so!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan L
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

We thought we were going to a classy hotel but no. The hotel was not friendly, the atmosphere felt like they were trying to show off but with poor quality everything..there was no charm to this place it just felt like they wanted your money and that is it.. Food quality needs improving

• Stayed: July 2012