All reviews sleigh bed sea view sea front warm welcome room was clean friendly hosts full english breakfast lovely breakfast flights of stairs no lift perfect location lovely couple first floor enjoyed my stay perfect hosts a lovely place to stay single room
Reviewed 2 July 2018

In a top floor room this year with many steps but a lovely sea view. Room was a good size and spotlessly clean as usual. Atlanta is well located for anything in Eastbourne. Only minor grumble is that breakfast is a bit limited if you don't want a full English

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
atlantaeastbourne, Owner at Atlanta Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

This year was your 3rd year with us, so surely we can't be doing too much wrong!? And you've booked again for 2019?!
We don't believe you've gone hungry in all that time, so breakfast (or the lack of choice like you're suggesting) can't be that poor, otherwise you would not stay here time, time again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We have just spent a wonderful weekend in Eastbourne staying at the Atlanta Guest house on the seas front. A gem of a find, this family run small guest house was just lovely. Nothing was too much trouble, breakfast cooked to order, rooms comfortable and location fabulous. Mark and Yvette were perfect hosts. We will definitely book here if we return to the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Another weekend at the Alanta, all ways a great welcome, Yvette and Mark are great hosts, nothing is to much trouble, the sea view rooms are the best the beds are huge and very comfortable, and breakfast is so good also it is very central, roll on next year

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Where do I start - All praises to Atlanta Guest house - 5star guest house. location,price,homey feel and exceptionally clean tick all the boxes that I looked for whenever I book a guest house and Atlanta is beyond that. Plus factor the owners are lovely couple. Welcoming and informative. The family room with sea view is very spacious and lovely laid out. 42’TV only time we watch tv is when we’re on holiday some news and funny program time. Beds are comfortable we slept like a baby.our daughter loved her bed. Soon as we wake up we are greeted with sound of the seagulls and the view of the beach and pier. Breakfast was included in the price you can help yourself with cereals, juices,fruits and youghurts then you can have a full English to keep you going through out the day to do your tourist thing and look around the area. Our room has been serviced during our stay and lovely touch on our daughters toys,replenished our tea/coffee/milk. We will come back that’s a sure thing.We had a really good family time in Eastbourne.we 100% recommend Atlanta Guest House if you are looking for a lovely place to stay this is the place to be.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Well, I was booted out before I even got there!

In May 2018 I made a booking 6 months in advance for November 18. Booking.com reported a nice room that is accessible only by stairs. No problem. My wife has a mobility issue, but we have stairs at home. At midnight on the day of booking an email was sent from Atlanta saying that rooms 1, 2and 3 are up 20 stairs; rooms 4, 5 and 6 are up 40 stairs; rooms 7, 8 and 9 are up 60 stairs, so I rang the guest house to ask for a room at low level. No problem, but don’t blame them for the lack of information because it’s all Booking.com’s fault and a first-floor room is an extra £45. So what did I do? I agreed to pay the extra - but in a reply to their email I said that I didn’t agree that wrong information is the fault of the other agency as they need to take responsibility for their own marketing.

Ten minutes later I received an email from Booking.com telling me the guest house has cancelled my booking. When I rang Atlanta to ask why, Yvette told me it was the ‘tone’ of my email and that we ‘wouldn’t fit’. That was on Wednesday.

On Thursday they took the full payment for 2 nights’ stay from my credit card.

On Friday I received only a partial refund. So I rang to ask for the refund of the balance.

On Saturday there was still no refund, so again I rang to ask for the balance. On Monday the balance was credited to my account at last.

Shoddy practice. Disgraceful customer service and dodgy dealing with my credit card details. Look out!

To add insult to injury, we were taking a single friend with us. She made her own booking for a single room. We are now waiting to see whether Atlanta will refund her in the circumstances so that we can start all over again.

A most sad and sorry welcome to Eastbourne.

Most unhappy.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
atlantaeastbourne, Owner at Atlanta Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Mr Head

You see Philip, this is exactly the problem with Trip Advisor reviews, any Tom, Dick & Harry can review a place without actually staying there, as in your case.

You seem to wear the “booted out before I got there” tag line with pride. We made the decision not to allow you to stay in our home, purely because of your nasty, defamatory, obnoxious tone in your emails to us, which clearly you have decided to extend into a more public arena.

It does make us chortle; when you called you came across as a meek and mild man, but put a keyboard and cyber space between us and you become embolden and turn into a keyboard ‘trolling’ warrior!

So lets elucidate your erroneous statements; you clearly have no comprehension with regards to OTA (Online Travel Agents eg: Booking.com (BDC)). As we explained to you, we automatically email all our guests to manage their expectations, because in our experience guests who booking via BDC only see price and nothing more. We also know that we are not suitable for everyone. So we send out the following:

“Firstly, thank you for choosing the Atlanta Guesthouse for your up and coming visit to Eastbourne. Whether you are new to us or a returning guest, we are delighted you have decided to stay with us.  Below we have tried to list some useful & important information about your stay, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.”

“Several things about our family run Guesthouse; We have 9 bedrooms located over 3 floors; Guests tend to book rooms according to their requirements, therefore we do not allocate rooms to guests like a larger, more corporate hotel might do; Due to the Atlanta being a Victorian period building, there is no lift. With that in mind, a standard house has approximately 15 stairs, so please note the following: “ This is where we list rooms vs stairs (thank you for your accuracy in this section). We then continue to explain “Please ensure that you know what floor your room is located, as we cannot give refunds if the stairs prove too difficult”.

For clarity, you booked our cheapest room located on either the 2nd or 3rd floor. As you rightly state, you booked in May for November, so why didn’t you book our first floor room, which is our beautifully decorated, sea view Luxury Suite in the first place, as you had the full choice of all 9 bespoke rooms? You didn’t, because you thought it was too expensive. Why should we give away our rooms? You want the best room in the house, then pay for it. Each room is very different, hence why they are individually priced. This unique pricing structure and subsequent descriptions are not easily translated into BDC.

Once again, we tried to explain this to you over the phone, that there is a huge mismatch of information between ourselves & BDC, which is out of our control and for parity it is necessary to email every guest these discrepancies. But you were not satisfied with this, instead, after agreeing the change in room type from small double to luxury suite, your impertinent, offensive, insulting keyboard warrior side emerged?!

It was only after receiving your vindictive, ill-natured email that we made the decision to contact BDC and get your booking cancelled.

Now for your second inaccurate and ludicrous statement. The Payment vs Refund. For accuracy (if anyone is still readying this), your booking was a “Non-Refundable” rate, this means to get the preferential, cheaper rate you pay for it upfront. As we agreed the room type changes over the phone, we duly processed the payment of £147.60, with a timestamp of 08:42 09/05/18.

At 08:50 09/05/18 we reacted to your damnable email and went through the process of cancelling your booking. At 06:56 10/05/18 we refunded £147. It was not until the 12th May that we were made aware of our error and immediately refunded the outstanding 60p.

Mr Head, how dare you put our integrity into dispute by putting “…. dodgy dealing with my credit card details. Look out!”, absolutely disgraceful. We only processed your booking as is lawful and legitimate in accordance with your booking terms.

With regards to your friend, she paid BDC directly, so she will need to contact them.

Finally Mr Head, you seem to miss the most fundamental thing about us; we are a family run guesthouse, where we can choose who stays in our home and your rude, bullying tactics were/are not welcome.