“Friendly, helpful and very welcoming.”

The Guesthouse East
Ranked #17 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Preston Lancs
“Friendly, helpful and very welcoming.”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Having finished a 3 day trip on a mountain bike [not my favourite machine of choice] along the South Downs Way, I rolled up covered in chalk and mud to be welcomed with open arms. I did not present the most ideal guest: I should have been hosed down before entry or sent to the nearest homeless shelter, but was made very welcome.The room was excellent, the bed equally so [but I would have slept on the floor I was so tired] and the sight of an urban fox up the street that evening was equally surprising.
Much recommended and well priced.
Thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

carlstanger, Owner at The Guesthouse East, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Running a busy guesthouse means that much of my biking fun is vicarious these days - and what's not to enjoy about stories of 3 days of toil, grime and amazing scenery :)
Love the photos btw!
Hope you're planning your next intrepid trip. South America has some decent hills as well.
Carl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

we've stayed at the guest house four times now and each time has been a pleasure to stay there. Carl and Sarah are a lovely friendly couple and very welcoming . the rooms are lovely and comfortable and well equipped for all your needs.its an ideal location as it is just minutes to the sea front, and just a couple more minutes walk and you are within reach of all the shops and restuarants and the pier. and we will certainly be returning again . thanks Carl & Sarah xx

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were warmly greeted on our arrival and instantly knew we'd made the right decision to stay here. The hospitality was warm and our room was right at the top, We felt we had the privacy to enjoy a romantic couple of days. Would stay again. Thank you Carl and Sarah

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Reception was without doubt first class with the owners being both welcoming and obliging. My stay in Eastbourne was for business purposes but i can see the attraction of the guesthouse location for the person or persons wishing to visit for a holiday. Being very close to the sea front, theatres, pier and all amenities. Would certainly recommend for single or couples wishing to visit but not for the business traveller.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 January 2014

myself, my wife and daughter stayed overnight whilst collecting
our son from University.
The Guesthouse East is in a great location close to the seafront
the owners were very welcoming and friendly and
the rooms were bright and clean also a great home cooked
breakfast!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Zarautz, Spain
Reviewed 20 January 2014

we stayed there when our baby was one year old, and everything was perfect. it was great to have our own kitchen and a big room. Carl and Sarah are so friendly and the children lovely.
the location can´t be better... peaceful place and near everything. you can go all over walking (town centre, train station, seafront...).
if you find a great place to stay, we highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Agurtzane U
Rushden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I felt like I was visiting old friends when I was welcomed by Carl and Sarah, a couple with lovely smiles. The best is they made my 8 year-old boy feeling welcomed too, they are child-friendly, so I was so relaxed during my stay. Our room downstairs is clean, modern and spacious, with biscuits and tea. My boy had plenty of room to run around, I am a very fussy person as my husband described me OCD, here, I didn't need to worry my boy lying on the floor, the pillows are clean too (not only the pillow case but pillow in the case). Location is perfect too, only 5 minutes walk to the beach and 10 minutes to the town. I don't think I will try another B&B, as this is definitely the best. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family