“A nice stay”
Review of East Beach Hotel

East Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 3 January 2014

On arrival there was no-one on reception, we were a bit earlier than the stated 2pm arrival but surly someone should have been in the hotel to greet guests, we decided to have a walk along the front and go for a coffee which was nice as the weather albeit a little fresh was sunny. Once we got back to the hotel we were greeted by Pauline on reception we did mention that we knocked and rang the bell earlier and no-one answered she did apologise which was nice,our room was on 3rd floor overlooking the sea, the room was bright and clean although the windows could have done with a clean but I assume being so high up might have been a problem I know I wouldn't want to go outside and clean them. The en-suite was basically a cupboard but was sufficient for our needs and was only a 1 night stay. We went with family and they had the four poster room which was lovely as that had a balcony and the bathroom was enormous so we spent most of out time in their room, we also asked if we could view the suite room and have to say that was very nice and think the next time we stay it would be either of those rooms, we did also view a couple of rooms that were at the back of the hotel although the bathrooms were bigger they did seem dark with only a little window and feel I would pay that little extra to have a sea view. Breakfast was good and very hot plenty of fruit juices and cereals, service was good too and friendly, we would come and stay again as it was quite central to the town, the hotel was very warm too.

Room Tip: If you are going to the seaside then get a sea view, it's lovely hearing the waves abd at night...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DeeDeeKent

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had the four poster bed one night excellent room large bath for two and the breakfast was lovely views lovely and eastbourne is great we love it. This is our third stay at this hotel we love it.
We would love to stay their again in the suite or four poster next time.

Room Tip: Room 17 great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was a last minute decision and we were able to book the 4 poster room with a balcony looking out onto the sea. A decent bed room with a lovely jacuzzi bath, decent breakfast and very good value - we would certainly stay here again without hesitation

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Overall, I was rather disappointed with the East Beach Hotel.

I booked a "suite" which in my book (and most other people's books) is a sitting room with a separate bedroom. What I got was a simple hotel bedroom. The room came with a bath which was one of the specific reasons I paid the extra and booked the "suite" and there was indeed an enormous bath/jacuzzi in the bathroom however, there was a notice above it saying that a guest had broken the whirlpool control panel but that it could still be used as a simple bath. This proved not to be the case as the flow rate from the taps was so feeble that it would never have filled the bath in a sensible period of time. I left the hot tap running for well over an hour and it managed to just about reach the level of the lower jacuzzi nozzles when a quantity of brown sludge was washed out of them turning the water brown and rendering it unfit for bathing in (in my opinion).

There was a minibar in the room but it was unplugged and empty!

Overall not that impressed at all. For the price I paid for my "suite" I could have booked a room in a decent 4 star hotel where I could have used the bath in the bathroom.

The person who checked me out insisted that problem with the water flow rate was a temporary one due to a pump being replaced!?!?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Arrived early but was booked in straight away. I had a single room with sea view on the 3rd floor. the room was extremely well appointed & the bed very comfortable. Unfortunately owing to family commitments I was unable to try the breakfasts as I had to leave each day before service. However I still believe that the price charged was very good value. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Sea views are wonderful
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We recently stayed at the East Beach on a 5 day National Holidays coach trip. We arrived late due to heavy traffic. Check in was dealt with quickly, staff available to help with luggage and our evening meal had been put back to deal with our delay. Our room was clean and comfortable and met all our requirements. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Meals were hot, ample choice, good home cooking. We thought we received good value for money and would certainly stay again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacqui J
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have had many package holidays with National Holidays. They have mostly been very good value for money.This was a budget holiday and , as such was also good value because of the travel arrangements. However the hotel was terrible. My room was number 33 and the only positive thing about this room was that there was a sea view. The single room was small, ugly ,poorly furnished and decorated.. There was a patch on the ceiling and a poor repair to a hole on the door of the wardrobe,The bed linen was very old and faded and the towels were thin and frayed. The green carpet, like all the others in this hotel was dated and clashed offensively with the funereal purple of the bed. The shower was efficient but was corroding at the bottom and the en suite was unheated.
The meals were plentiful but the choice was limited and unimaginative. Breakfast was one of the poorest I have ever been offered in any hotel, no fruit, yoghurt, croissants or variety of bread, cheese nor ham.
My advice to anyone thinking of booking here ---DON`T

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo