“Seaside charm and nostalgia in spades”
Review of East Beach Hotel

East Beach Hotel
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
lincolnshire
“Seaside charm and nostalgia in spades”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Myself and three friends (2 with a learning disability) had a long weekend on a Just Go! coach trip. The exterior is beautiful, right on the prom with gorgeous views of the pier, all lit up at night. The hotel is comfortable, the staff ever helpful and the sea view room met all of our needs. We had a twin room, with tea & coffee making, a tv with freeview and a table and chairs by the bay window. Meals were lovely, always a veggie choice and no need for anyone to leave hungry! Yes the hotel is 'lived in' - it's part of the charm, and it must be like the Forth Bridge in terms of maintenance. We would definitely return and anyone who bleats should take a moment to think about how much they have paid and exactly what they got, then consider if they are justified in whining! This is a proper seaside hotel, and from one whom summer holidays were very enjoyable caravan vacations as a child, I would have LOVED this luxury in my formative years. Looking forward to taking my husband next time.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view - delightful at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

A warm welcome from Pauline was what we needed after a long journey we were shown to our room and delighted to find a four poster bed balcony and a jacuzzi all very nice, the meals were very tasty and the staff were all very helpful I would recommend this hotel for a budget weekend away. The entertainment was excellent on all nights

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was expecting a better place after seeing the hotel pictures. Slightly disappointed that none of them reflected our room. Staines on the carpet and wall, dirty windows. Bed was quite large as it was was two single beds attached together, it was good to have TV with a DVD and a good choice of films in the library.
However we were cold the whole night as the one heater in the room did not seem to heat throughout the night, there were no extra duvet (cover).
We received room 25 but initially the invoice show room 32- third floor which I realised only later as we book a room with Sea View and room 25 is on the right of the hotel where the street is and you can still see the Sea but also the street (see picture).
On Sunday we asked if could leave our bag at the hotel but the receptionist told us that they could not keep it because no one would be there in the afternoon. The only place to keep it apparently was somewhere which seems insecure. However the receptionist told us that there were lockers at the train station but we were surprised to find out there was none.
The breakfast was good but failed at some points. The dining room looked tired and a bit old fashion and the front sliding doors have hard time to slide.

Shame as the staff seemed very nice but failed on sunday with the bag. Still would recommend the hotel only if you don't look for something too fancy and don't be flattered by the pictures.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SebastienGenet
Reviewed 18 February 2014

you get more than you pay for - with a smile, I understand that a lotos work has been out in to make the warm and friendly atmosphere, the place is more than acceptably clean, loads of space in the rooms, must cost a lot to heat and maintain - however they manage it well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

the front sliding door needs some work done on it as you need to be a Russian shot putter to open it
the room we stayed in number 11 I guess hasn't been redecorated for quite a few years and was in desperate need of some paint. the carpet was awful, frayed and black around the edges. the ensuite was better, looked like a recent refurb, could have done with a rad in there though and please get some new towels they were clean but frayed with age. shame really as a few hundred quid and 3 days work could have turned it round.
The breakfast was adequate, usual cheap ingredients served with cheap warm tea. however I must say the staff were very nice, helpful and obliging

Room Tip: maybe ask for the refurbed rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tosh477
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed here in a single room, with a rear view and it was a lovely stay. I got a bit lost driving in the dark, and called the hotel for help and the receptionist I spoke to was really helpful, and reassured me. On arrival the welcome was so nice, I dropped my stuff off and walked to the local fish and chip shop which is only in a road parallel from the seafront. The room was larger than expected and was spotlessly clean, with really pretty bedding. I used their DVD lending facility in the evening, and there was a huge choice of films to choose from. The room was warm and comfortable and I had an excellent nights sleep. The breakfast next morning was brilliant, and I couldn't eat it all, I sat in the window in the breakfast room with a view of the sea, what a wonderful start to my day. I took my pot of tea out to the verandah area overlooking the seafront and it felt like bliss. The breakfast waitress was cheerful and helpful and on booking out I was left with a warm glow. I recommend staying here for the warm welcome, great seafront views, location, efficient staff, comfortable room and great breakfast - I will be returning.

Room Tip: I was happy with a rear view, as it was really quiet and I had a brilliant sleep as there was no tra...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank fly2thai
Kent
Reviewed 3 January 2014

On arrival there was no-one on reception, we were a bit earlier than the stated 2pm arrival but surly someone should have been in the hotel to greet guests, we decided to have a walk along the front and go for a coffee which was nice as the weather albeit a little fresh was sunny. Once we got back to the hotel we were greeted by Pauline on reception we did mention that we knocked and rang the bell earlier and no-one answered she did apologise which was nice,our room was on 3rd floor overlooking the sea, the room was bright and clean although the windows could have done with a clean but I assume being so high up might have been a problem I know I wouldn't want to go outside and clean them. The en-suite was basically a cupboard but was sufficient for our needs and was only a 1 night stay. We went with family and they had the four poster room which was lovely as that had a balcony and the bathroom was enormous so we spent most of out time in their room, we also asked if we could view the suite room and have to say that was very nice and think the next time we stay it would be either of those rooms, we did also view a couple of rooms that were at the back of the hotel although the bathrooms were bigger they did seem dark with only a little window and feel I would pay that little extra to have a sea view. Breakfast was good and very hot plenty of fruit juices and cereals, service was good too and friendly, we would come and stay again as it was quite central to the town, the hotel was very warm too.

Room Tip: If you are going to the seaside then get a sea view, it's lovely hearing the waves abd at night...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple