Afton Hotel
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Have just spent a night here with a group of friends.
For the money and location it is a good deal. There are no fancy frills, basic rooms and ammenities, but a nice relaxed atmosphere and an excellent breakfast with good service.
Directly opposite the pier, the hotel even provides a parking permit so you don't have to spend extra money on parking.

Room Tip: pier view rooms are available
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank CATWOMAN10
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Many thanks for your review. We're going to re-furbish all our bedrooms this coming year with new carpeting, flooring and pictures etc. We hope that you'll visit us again soon and come and see the improvements.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

Me & my wife recently stayed at the afton hotel and found it to be just perfect from the moment we arrived, the staff here are great and made us feel very welcome. You had a variety of choice when it came to breakfast and meal time followed by some light entertainment in the evening. The hotel was in a great location opposite the pier so you can go for walks along the sea front and only a few minutes walk from the town where you could go for a nice lunch or meal. I would certainly stay here again and definately recommend the hotel to anyone thinking of staying in eastbourne. GREAT VALUE! , 5 STAR*****

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor corner of the hotel and had a great view of the sea.
1  Thank Adam S
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

I'd like to say a big 'thank you' on behalf of all the staff for your wonderful review. We always try our best and constantly strive to make The Afton Hotel the best it can possibly be for it's guests. I'm so glad that on this occasion we have succeeded. I do hope that you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

recently stayed at the afton hotel and what a pleasure it was. i was made to feel very welcome by all the staff. The manager mr mccabe was very accommadating. breakfast was the best i've had in a long time and in the evening i spent a lovely time in the warm welcomeing bar and an execellent bar man (i think was call max) made my wife and myself feel at home. can,t wait to return for a longer break.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for your positive review. I always endeavour to maintain high standards of service in the hotel and I'm very glad that you were pleased with the service you got from the staff on your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to 'The Afton Hotel' as soon as possible.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

just had a holiday at this hotel and would say that this is where you would get what you pay for!! Althought the food is adequate it is somewhat unimaginative. The rooms are, by comparison with other two star hotels, a little on the small side so if you are a small person then you will be o.k. However the staff at the hotel are really great and will do everything possible to make your meal times a pleasurable experience (one thing here is the fact that you can have a really good breakfast and it is well cooked). Entertainment whilst my wife and I were there was excellent and it made for a good evening in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Your unfortunate title for your review doesn't seem in keeping with what you actually say. You seem happy with the breakfast so i can only assume that your comments about the food being unimaginative were about the evening meal. I've never had a complaint about this before. However I'm sorry that dinner failed to live up to your expectations. Some of the double rooms are a little on the smaller side. This year we are refurbishing the bedrooms so I do hope that at least they're comfortable and attractive. Again, it's not something I've had a complaint about before. I wonder if you asked for a change of room? We're always happy to oblige our guests if at all possible.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

This was the 2nd time we have had an overnight stay at the Afton. And again great value for money. The 3 course evening meal at only £10 a head was tasty, the breakfast very good too. There is also entertainment on in the evenings , a keyboard player was on Thursday evening, we enjoyed it. We will most certainly stay at the Afton next time we are in Eastbourne. A clean hotel that is reasonably priced, friendly staff, what more could you want...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Margaret O
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

We appreciate your comments very much. We certainly try to take fun seriously & aim for excellence and it'll give me great pleasure to pass your comments on to my staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Eastbourne.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

quite often have to stay overnight in Eastbourne, this was my first time at the Afton, but hope it isnt my last.
Paid very little and wasnt expecting very much, so was pleasantly surprised.
Room was a bit on the small side but more than adequate, however the staff were extremely helpful and I thought the breakfast was superb.
Paid £87 for a night in Eastbourne a couple of weekends ago and the Afton is far superior.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ralphyboy035
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Many thanks for your review. I'm pleased that you had a positive experience with us and we hope that we'll have the pleasure of your company again on your next visit to Eastbourne.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Just returned from another great week end at the Afton Hotel. As part of a larger group, Jason and his team made us all welcome this weekend.
From the lovely people front of house who were always willing to help to the invisable angels that look after us in the background.

Thanks again and hope to see you next year

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Iain C
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Many thanks for your review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We'll look forward to seeing again on your next visit.