“Nice simple hotel”
Review of Afton Hotel

Afton Hotel
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at the Afton for a weekend in Eastbourne and very much enjoyed our stay. The room was fine, smallish but not unduly so and the bed was comfortable. The staff were friendly and the Afton represented very good value for money: recommended.

Room Tip: A sea view room is fine, Eastbourne isn't the liveliest of places so you ned have no concerns ab...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Nice, simple and good value for money sums us up well and I'm glad you noticed how friendly our staff are. i hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

My husband and I were booked in by my brother for out 1 st anniversary, as a gift. It was the perfect location just by the sea front and pier.The staff were friendly and welcoming the decoration was nice with beautiful freshflowers in the lobby. Our room was warm and comfy. Our breakfast waiter ( Steve?) was very polite and helpful. We Would defiantly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you very much for your great review and many congratulations on your anniversary.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Sent my in- laws to this hotel as a Birthday Surprise. They had stayed here on previous occasions and always enjoyed themselves. We paid £240 for a four day break bed and breakfast which is extremely good value. The room was of a high quality and breakfast was very enjoyable. Special thanks to Jason and his staff who made them feel really special.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan D
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that your in-laws had a good time with us and enjoyed their special celebration. I'll pass on your kind comments to Jason & the team.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

found THE AFTON HOTEL very good value for the price we paid .the food good .avaried menu ,and served quickly and hot .my room was clean bed comfy ,although airritating hum from the extractor fan? woke me up every moning.but sill enjoyed myself,and would return there dont go if you are disabled to many steps.its close to all amenities

Room Tip: stay in the front some with balconies
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tony S
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that you liked the hotel although it's a shame you were disturbed by a hum. We would have been happy to move you if we'd known. i appreciate your comments about the 4 steps to our entrances. We have a lift inside of course, but we're aware that the steps can be problematic for some.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Also stayed at The Afton Hotel on an Easter coach break. Given the reasonable costs, excellent service and great location of the hotel, I sometimes think I have fallen amongst 'professional grumblers' when I hear fellow-holiday-makers grumbling about hotel deals like this. What more could anyone want or expect for such reasonable cost? I don't have any complaints and would definitely stay at The Afton again, on a similar break.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet bedroom at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank eloiseTenby
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

As you appreciate, it's difficult in this current economic climate to keep standards up & costs down and I'm thrilled that you feel we achieve it. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel over the Easter as part of a Coach Holiday - central location by the Pier. Entertainment every night. Good food and outstanding service. Would definately return and would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review and I'm very pleased that you had a good time with us and will return again.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I deserved a well earned break and we found a fab hotel in Eastbourne .Rooms were beautifully clean ,food excellent and staff all well presented and very helpful .Nothing too much trouble. Close to all amenities .Will definitely be back , thanks to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

I'm glad that you felt you'd had an enjoyable and restful break with us and we'll look forward to welcoming you on your return.