“Great Hotel”
Review of Afton Hotel

Afton Hotel
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is our second year at this hotel, great location opposite the pier, love the staff here, they are very welcoming and friendly, entertainment including a couple of houses of bingo for those who want it loads to do,with the theatres, shops and bandstand close by,special thanks to Steve our waiter, Fiona and Jason your great. See you next year..

Room Tip: Front rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dia1389
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we'll look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

When booking at short notice and arriving from Brighton, Fiona was very helpful in meeting me and organising the evening meal at short notice.

The room was very clean tidy and wanted to stay longer.
The kitchen staff were rushed off their feet and worked well. Keep up the good work and will return. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kiwiboysi
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

That's just what we like to hear! Many thanks for your review & we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent 3 lovely evenings at this hotel is was really good. Food was excellent spotlessly clean brilliant staff entertainment not bad and they also play bingo if you don't want to leave the Hotel at night. The company we were with on the coach was brilliant for the 4days very nice people.
We went with Edwards Coaches well worth the money. Will defo go back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor in twin room because that was all they had left and have no complaints...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susan n
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Susan, many thanks for your kind review and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was here for one night only, but found hotel charming, staff very nice, location brilliant. room was basic but clean and bed one of most comfortable i've slept in.
Breakfast was very well run.
Shower could do with a bit more power.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Floladygooner

I'm glad that you found the hotel to be comfortable. I suspect you stayed on the third floor where some of our showers do suffer with a lack of pressure, especially when lots of other showers are being used at the same time and the hotel is full. I'm hoping to be able to replace some of the showers on that floor with electric ones which would give more power.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for one night only but happy with the experience.

Location great, safe and room clean with useful complimentary tea/coffee. Breakfast was good, well organised and with attentive staff.

Generally Staff friendly and really very helpful which counts for a lot. Inadvertently locked myself out of my room at 3am and needed to drag personnel out of bed. He responded pleasantly, was up to my floor in no time letting me in with a smile and declined to accept a tip for his troubles despite my insistence.

Short but pleasant stay and would recommend! If in Eastbourne, will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank YabanTrav

Thank you for your review. As myself & wife live in the hotel it was I who helped you back into your room. it was no trouble at all. The only 'tip' i need is to know that my guests have had a pleasant stay. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked the Afton for our 25th wedding anniversary and also booked 2 night's accommodation. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Good sized bedroom, excellent food and evening buffet and disco was superb.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glenys R
fiorenzuola, Owner at Afton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Glenys, Many thanks for your review. Congratulations on your 25th Wedding anniversary and I'm very pleased that you enjoyed spending it with us.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

went on a 5day coach trip with Mayfield to this hotel at meal time no teaspoons on cup & sauces no soup spoons pepper pot full of wet pepper ,Desserts cheese cake very dry rice pudding not cooked. Little things add up Very friendly bar staff Entertainment Rubbish Would not recommend it very noisy in night with young people shouting and fighting from 12pm till 3am in street police game

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timmyrotherham

I believe you came with Maxfields and of course, I'm very sorry indeed that you had such a terrible time. I do wonder why you didn't complain to your waiting staff who would have been more than happy to help you. I eat the hotel food myself & particularly like the cheesecake but we all have different tastes. Certainly the pepper should not have been damp and I will check this and your other complaints with the restaurant. Most people enjoy our food but we're always happy to accommodate individual tastes if they're asked for. We do have an occasional problem with youngsters being noisy when they leave the Pier at night and it's a constant battle to try to do something about it. We could have offered you another room if you had mentioned the problem at the time.