“Friendly and Comfortable”
Review of Park View Hotel

Park View Hotel
Ranked #58 of 75 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great small hotel. Run by an experienced hotelierfrom Scotland and his wife.
Very clean
Good rooms some very large.
Great fresh cooked and served with asmile breakfast.
Parking outside and private
Free wfi
only draw some of the bathroom are a little small.
But it has a lift
Close to a number of restaurants, theatres and the sea.
Reasonable price.
Well worth a visit
Have been visting for well over 5 years

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Trevor S

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Having stayed at the Parkview Hotel in Eastbourne on both business and pleasure trips I/we always received a warm welcome. The Hotel is ideally situated for the Theatres (Congress & Devonshire Park) short walk to the seafront and has its own car park which is a huge bonus with Pay & Display through out the town. Found the bedrooms and lounges clean, and a hearty breakfast greets you in the mornings. Will certainly be visiting The Parkview Hotel meeting up with the hosts Helen and Alex. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank neal c
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were visiting friends in the area, on our way to holiday in Hastings and stayed in this hotel for 1 night. We arrived early and as our Sat Nav had trouble finding it, Alex gave us directions on the phone! We were able to check in early as our room was available. We chose the hotel for its location and parking. The hotel was opposite the theatre and Tennis Courts (where the Eastbourne International Tennis competition is held) are very near. Once parked and checked in we travelled by foot to the centre of town (10 minutes walk away), following Helen's directions. The sea and beach were even closer but we didn't see them as the Eastbourne sun had escaped that day. We were very lucky to get the room for 1 night as it was bank holiday weekend and often there is a minimum 2-night stay in many hotels. Our room was on the top floor (room 10) and we were grateful there was a lift - although a few stairs from the lift to our room. The room was spacious,clean and had everything we needed. Toiletries were provided and biscuits with the tea and coffee. It was a warm and humid day so we were grateful that there was a fan in the room too. As the weather was so bad we returned to hotel early and I saw a piano in the front lounge so was able to play it for a while. Our room was comfortable to sit in for the evening (and watch the Harry Potter Film!) The shower was easy to use and powerful too. Breakfast was served until 9 o'clock (which was a little early for us) but very enjoyable with delicious fresh fruit salad, cereals and pastries. My husband had the full English and I had poached eggs and bacon. Both were cooked freshly when we ordered them. Everything was cooked to perfection. Although I don't eat streaky bacon my husband was happy to eat it as he is not so fussy as me. Service was quick and friendly and everything was replenished as necessary. If in the area, we would stay here again and would recommend it to our friends. We were told that with more notice we could have a better room but we were not unhappy with the room we were given. Alex and Helen are very friendly and helpful. Thank you!

1  Thank Jane673605
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I recently booked into the Parkview Hotel in Eastbourne. By luck and good fortune I could not
believe that it was in such a convenient location. More than this, the hosts Helen and Alex were
so helpful, from the onset on the week-end. Parking is of a premium and this hotel does have
parking in front of it for a small number of cars. Once inside I was really impressed with the standard of care of the guests that this hotel provides. The hotel caters for the single traveller and families. It provides a lift, very rare in my experience of small hotels, and the cleanliness is
exceptional. Toiletries were in the bathroom, another surprise. I stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the food was first class, as was the service. Eastbourne is a lovely place to have a holiday, It has 3 or 4 theatres with shows that are pre or ex London west end. It also boasts many restaurants. The hotel is 5 minutes from the sea-front and a short walk from the town.
Give it a try, it is well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank buddy070
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed at the Parkview Hotel for 2 nights and I can tell you they were the best 2 nights sleep I've had in a long time!The room was clean, fresh and comfortable and the bed was just...ahhh. Imagine falling asleep on a cloud! The breakfasts were amazing; definitely recommend the Eggs Royale - have been telling everyone about it since I left lol.

Ideally situated in a quiet area but very close to everything (5 mins to seafront and 10 mins walk to town centre).

Alex and Helen were incredibly welcoming and did everything they could to make this an amazing stay and on a side note, it's always lovely to hear laughter and chatter coming from the Alex, Helen and the guests in the dining room in the morning!

Will be back soon methinks :-)

Room Tip: Room 1 is awesome. No one underneath so good for heavy footed people like me!
1  Thank Kate R
Reviewed 2 September 2013

my fiance and I stayed at the parkview hotel for two nights and were welcomed with open arms.

We stayed in room one.....If I could of stole the Bed I would of! suitcase not big enough though!
The room was spotless and the shower was out of this world!

Now, Breakfast! Alex is renowned for his breakfasts and belive me......I we were not dissapointed! on sat morning we had a full english and on sunday we tried the egg royale....we were in egg heaven (if such a place exists!).

All in all we had an amazing two nights at the parkview hotel and will be back very soon!

Room Tip: Go for room one! mmmmmmm......!
1  Thank Ben F
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The owners were very pleasant and made use feel very welcome. Breakfast was very nice. We stayed two nights. The hotel is in a good location for the seafront and a short walk to the town. Parking was good. We would recommend this hotel to our friends.

1  Thank Julietsalvidge