“Let down”
Review of Langham Hotel

Langham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Hotel location first class.staff excellent from the moment we arrived.claims on site parking ? 3 spaces for a large hotel. Not able to get as much as a bar meal because they had a function.breakfast was Luke warm and of very small portion, no cereal ect option

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John M
Simon B, Manager at Langham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to read that you feel let down.

We do offer a secure parking facility at the nearby Army base in addition to our limited onsite parking - I do hope you parked okay in the end. Sometimes the restaurant can be fully booked but the Bar menu is usually available until 9pm and we do also offer a room service facility; I shall certainly look into what happened there.

On the breakfast menu cereals, muesli, porridge, fruits and yoghurts are all available and in general we do receive positive comments on the portion size. Lovely comments about the team and service. I do hope that in the future we can still welcome you back and have the opportunity to restore your faith.

Simon Brown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

For the second year in a row my work have had our xmas do here. Both times I have very much enjoyed my food and the service is good but they definitely need a new dj! We had hoped they would have gotten someone else in this year but no its the same random (some very old) music with quite a miserable dj and his wife. I think if we intend going next we will check who the dj is before we book. Other than this one point a very lovely atmosphere and I would recommend

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Emilie d,

Thank you very much for your review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay but I am disappointed to learn you did not enjoy our resident DJ. I know they do try and cater for different tastes but rest assured this feedback is very important to me and I have taken this on board for the future. I do very much hope that we can still welcome your party back again next year.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a second stay at The Langham in November, the last time we stayed there was about 3 years ago. The rooms are recently refurbished to very high standards and our room overlooked the ocean. Our stay was really great, the staff are so very helpful, friendly and efficient. The breakfast was lovely also.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a refurbished room as not all are done yet. Ask for a sea view also.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeepyP
Simon B, Manager at Langham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear LeepyP,

Thank you very much for your lovely generous review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful evening with a group of friends last night at the Langham Hotel. The owner and his staff looked after us extremely well. We were a party of 10 and we all enjoyed our dinner. The hospitality and service was excellent and although we were last to leave the restaurant we weren't rushed and nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant was packed with diners and given how busy it was we were very well catered for. The food was served efficiently and on the whole we all enjoyed our food. The only slight criticism was the melon served to some of my friends as a starter which was hard and not sweet. However I don't blame them for that as it's difficult to get decent melon at this time of year. I personally would not put it on the menu.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Simon B, Manager at Langham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Deborahmain,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted you all had such a good dinner and were well looked after throughout by the team. Thank you also for speaking to Mr Kirby about the melon. We all very much hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was booked as a special treat for my mums Birthday. From the moment I called to book, the hotel acted professional, courteous and attentive. Even asking if the booking was for a special occasion, of which they then ( at no additional cost ) made a beautiful hand iced cake complete with candle!
The cakes and sandwiches were delicious, the lovely Italian waiter very attentive ( much to the pleasure of my mum!) and the setting with lovely views of the sea and pier and promenade was the icing on the cake.
Very happy, will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tracy M,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted your mum had a good birthday celebration and that she enjoyed the cake! We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have just had a short stay at The Langham Hotel. What a fantastic place.Excellent Food,Cleanliness,service,friendly.We were on a tinsel and turkey break and they put on
such excellent food and entertainment,we even got New Years Eve celebrations as well.
We can,t wait to visit again. Margaret and Vince Hilton

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Margaret and Vince,

Thank you very much for leaving a review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your kind comments. Please do visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Just arrived home after spending a 5 day Tinsel and Turkey break with Edwards Coach company
we could not fault a thing,We had room 101 which was ideal just up one flight of stairs,the room had a bath and shower and was kept as warm as you liked it

Just arrived back from a 5 night Tinsel and Turkey break with Edwards Coach company,
Our room was 101 which was so handy just one short flight of stairs from the reception,The room was very cosy with a bath and shower,We were never cold, Olso the towels were changed every day,The food was very good and served on very hot plates,The waiting staff knew thier job and the service was quick and served with a smile,As this was a birthday treat for one of our party a small birthday cake arrived which was a nice touch,The entertainment was very good,
such as Music Dancing,Bingo and some very funny jokes,All in all we found this hotel to be of an excellent standard and hope guests who follow us will have such a good time.
Good wishes to the managment and staff

Room Tip: Room 101 so easy to get too just a short flight of stairs
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Simon B, Manager at Langham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Mary L,

Thank you very much for your recommendation and 5 star award. It is a pleasure to read of your enjoyment and I am glad you had a happy birthday celebration. You were all really good fun to look after and we very much hope to see you return again in the future.
Warmest regards,