“ROOM WITH A VIEW”
Review of Langham Hotel

Langham Hotel
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We upgraded to a sea view which was very nice. Room was good but not as big as I expected having stayed at a similar hotel along from this one but still spacious.. Having said that the bed and furnishings were very good and the bathroom a good size. Breakfast was good as was the service and staff. All very helpful. Parking spaces across the road with a modest fee.
We also used the restaurant on three occasions and were very pleased with the quality and service.

Was able to access subtitles on the TV in the room, very important if you have a hearing problem, good internet connection.

Room Tip: Sea view room worth the little extra
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moirayeo
Simon B, Manager at Langham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear moirayeo,
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and do appreciate your kind comments very much. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My Husband & I stayed at The Langham Hotel recently..... this place is a gem! The staff were very helpful and went beyond their duties to make our stay enjoyable. The location is fantastic right on the seafront (great for a bit of storm-watching!). We enjoyed a lovely meal in the Conservatory restaurant which would compete with most hotels we've stayed in to be honest! Our room was well appointed, very clean,comfortable with a lovely sea view, everything you'd expect from a 4 star hotel and more. We wouldn't hesitate to return and hope we do soon.

1  Thank Hannah L

Dear Hannah L,
Thank you very much for your beautiful review. I am ever so pleased your stay was such a triumph and that you had a good view of the storms. Thank you also for mentioning the staff for going that extra mile. I very much look forward to your return and hope that this is soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Most reviews we do try to look at the positives, not easy here. We booked a night here as it came out quite well from numerous reviews. However, what we found was a very small room with a bed & furniture that was well past its use by date. The curtains didn't close properly, the towels provided were tiny & thin & the bathroom only had a small, ineffective shower (no bath) on which the door didn't close properly.The bedroom windows couldn't be opened & the heating was an archaic heater fixed to the wall - the room was either very hot & stuffy or cold. The bathroom was simply cold with no heating.

Breakfast was, at best ok. We couldn't remember the last time we stayed at a hotel where the cereal, very limited fruit & fruit juice(long life), in fact everything was ordered from a menu, which clearly reduced access & flexibility (eg one of us didn't want cereal but would have liked an additional glass of juice) - thus resulting in a limited choice.

It was quite disappointing.

Room Tip: Maybe paying for a sea front room ????
1  Thank GandTRuralSussex
Simon B, Manager at Langham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear GandTRuralSussex,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It is a shame you did not enjoy your stay with us. Had the team of known how you were feeling they maybe could have appeased you and rectified some of the issues you have mentioned. I have inspected the room that you stayed in but cannot find fault with the window, heater or door. I did rectify the closing problem with the curtains. A small percentage of our bedrooms are still due to be updated. They are spotlessly clean and have the same facilities as other rooms but the decor is older and this is why we only charged you 55GBP inclusive of breakfast for two. We do currently have 3 rooms under refurbishment and the bedroom that you stayed in is due to be refurbished next.

By offering an A La Carte menu instead of a buffet we find that this provides fresher food to our guests whilst still delivering a bespoke breakfast. Had the team known you wanted more juice you certainly would have received it.

I really do appreciate and understand your feedback; I am sure that should you ever choose to stay with us again you will have a more enjoyable experience.

With kind regards

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were in Eastbourne to see a show, the weather was terrible, however the staff and the excellent atmosphere in this hotel made you forget the outside conditions.
Staying at this hotel is a must, the staff are absolutely fantastic, helpful and always ready to assist in any way. The bar food and the breakfast excellent, at breakfast the staff were very attentive and the service was without a doubt Unparalleled.
The rooms are of a very high standard in cleanliness, and comfort.
Without a doubt a well organised and outstanding hotel which we will be staying at again.

1  Thank Peter M

Dear Peter M,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am so pleased the team looked after you so well and that you enjoyed the food and comfort of your bedroom. We would love to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I holidayed in Eastbourne and live in New Zealand. My friends took me to the Langham on several occasions for lunch and sometimes we would just drop in for tea and a flapjack. This cost just two pounds 30 pence. It was lovely and we sat in comfy chairs in lovely surroundings. I loved all the memorabilia on the walls. I am looking forward to returning to this very welcoming hotel and found it such great value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Simon B, Manager at Langham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Dee w,
It is so kind of you to leave a full marks review about your recent experiences. I am so glad you find us comfy and full of character. When you are next in the UK we very much look forward to welcome you back.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice over the past month whilst working in the area and am so pleased we stayed here; restaurant exceeded expectations, reasonable wine list, friendly staff. Nothing seemed to much trouble, and my room was upgraded on arrival. On check in the man even went back out to my car to put the permit on the dashboard for me as the weather was abysmal! Would highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Poodicious_81,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am very pleased my team have kept you so comfortable and dry during your recent visits and I am glad you enjoy the restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

After a very sad event, my mothers funeral, we headed of to the Langham for a lite lunch time buffet.The food was superb the staff were excellent and Simon Brown the manager was very accommodating making us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
Highly recommended
Frances

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gape69

Dear Gape69,

Thank you ever so much for your lovely review. It was a great pleasure to look after your family and I am really pleased to read your kind words about the staff and the food. We all very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Kindest regards