“superb birthday dinner”

Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
eastbourne
“superb birthday dinner”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family had a superb birthday dinner in the restaurant. We sat in the conservatory overlooking a calm blue sea. The menu did not disappoint. Delicious steaks, fish and a filling risotto which my teenage granddaughter thought amazing (her first one!). The service was exemplary and we will return soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear supelham,

Thank you for your great recommendation and, belated happy birthday to you! I am glad you enjoyed your family lunch whilst taking in those spectacular sea views and delicious food. We hope to see you all again soon.

Kindest regards,

Simon Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A business trip to Eastbourne, I wanted to avoid the travel lodge and find something with a sea view, the Langham had some good reveiws and appeared to be a step ahead of the other sea front hotels. I was not disapointed in any way. My Room had a great sea view with wide opening windows and the included breakfast was taken in the conservatory again with a great sea view, I arrived late and left early so free parking at the front of the hotel was a bonus. The only comment would be, and this is directed at all hotels please can an ironing board an iron be standard in all rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear loydy007,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and also your note re: Iron and boards which although not standard in our guest rooms are plentifully available upon request. I am so pleased we gave you such a positive experience, it sounds like you had a great time. Well done also to catch that evening parking opposite (before the charging period starts), what a bonus! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

With kind regards,

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visited this hotel in March for a one night stay whilst visiting the area. The hotel was near the final stages of a complete refurbishment programme and it was looking very good. Our room was excellent as indeed were the other facilities. The hotel is nicely positioned overlooking the sea front & the best part of the stay was breakfast in the conservatory overlooking the sea, with the sun shining through. Service from the staff was excellent and we look forward to revisiting the hotel in 2015 when we shall be there for a one week stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear graham r,

Thank you very much for your review - we wish you had stayed longer too! It is a pleasure to read of your experience - in particular the breakfast sounds like quite a treat! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in March, and I look forward to welcome you back again in 2015.

Warmest regards,

Kent
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel and staff could not be better. The room is top quality and perfectly clean.
The whole experience is fault less. From booking to checking out the staff could not have been more helpful.
The view from the hotel bar and the room is spectacular and the sea view stated on booking surpassed my expectations giving me a panoramic view of the promenade.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Jane4llen,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and delivered a great experience. Please do visit us again soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have stayed at the Langham on four separate occasions. We love it here. The food is amazing, the service superb, the staff brilliant and, in our opinion, it is the No 1 hotel in Eastbourne. The Langham provides the perfect package for any celebration or function, formal or informal. Ladies Festivals are out of this world. Team Langham are Tops!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are wonderful, all with plenty of light. The bathrooms are very stylish.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Allanna N,

Thank you for making us your No 1 hotel in Eastbourne. I am delighted this is how we have made you feel and I really appreciate your kind comments. Please do visit us again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a short break away, and my thoughts are this hotel definitely deserves it's #1 ranking. The hotel is family run and it shows, all the personal touches go a long way. The room we had was of exceptional quality. We had a room at the rear of the hotel but this was no problem as the hotel has a lovely bar area which overlooks the sea, we spent time in here and the service from the staff was always spot on. We dined in the conservatory restaurant and had a marvellous meal, I believe the restaurant has a rosette award for culinary and boy did it show.
From my very first encounter with Paul on making my reservation right the way through to check out again with Paul! all the staff were brilliant and this is what makes The Langham stand out the attention to detail is amazing.
So special thanks to Paul on the front desk, the guys in the bar and our waitress who's name escapes me. We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: Don't hesitate booking here it's amazing!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spinney6
Dear 901Jesse,

Thank you very much for your high recommendation. We are honoured to receive such kind praise. I have shared your wonderful motivational comments with the team and we all very much look forward to welcome you back again soon.

With kind regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Was looking forward to an evening down in Eastbourne having secured a room at Trip Advisor's top rated hotel. However, feelings soon changed on arrival at our room. it was like a step back in time - the room was so dated it felt like visiting an old relative. the room was small and the bathroom was disgusting - very tired - out of the 70's!! To add insult to injury the soiled bath mat had been rolled up and tied with an orange ribbon to add a "nice touch"?
Now I have to say on the plus side that the staff were very friendly and helpful - I'm sure they would have moved us had the hotel not been full - I imagine that this room 342 is only used once everything else has been booked.
The room certainly did not resemble those on the website.

Room Tip: go to the Grand!
Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank whereverilaymyhat50
Simon B, Manager at Langham Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear whereverileavemyhat50,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so sorry to read you did not enjoy this bedroom. It is one of a dozen out of 80 still left to refurbish and I can therefore appreciate your expectations. I have looked at the bath mat and it is not soiled but it was slightly discoloured from all the different shampoos and body washes etc used over time. I have replaced this now. When you booked this was unfortunately the last bedroom; had we have had a different bedroom available we most definitely would have provided this to you. Thank you for your very kind comments about the staff. The Grand is a lovely hotel but it will cost you one hundred percent more. If you ever do choose to stay with us again you would be very welcome; my advice would be to please contact the hotel direct so that we can advise on the bedroom availability

With kind regards,