“Great venue for unite education”
Review of The View Hotel

The View Hotel
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 17 October 2012

After reading some unfavourable reviews I was'nt sure what to expect. But the place is fab, rooms spotless, comfy bed, food lovely and service and friendliness of staff excellent. I didn't have a balcony but I had a room on the top floor with a great seaview, looking towards the peers. Lovely to wake up and see the sea. Would recommend anyone coming down here for residential unite courses. Well worth the travel.

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for The View Hotel

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed at the Centre for two nights and had a corner suite. We thought that the room was exceptional and you would find it hard to better. The service and the attitude of the staff was outstanding. The view from the hotel room was lovely and watching the sun rise in the morning from your bedside has to be a plus.The decor of the suite was calming and tasteful and we even had a tv in the bathroom!

Room Tip: Corner suites are worth the extra.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed here whilst attending a conference in September. I had a lovely spacious room with a balcony and although my room was on the side of the hotel, I could see the pier and the sea from my bed. Each night, I opened the balcony doors wide so that I could hear the sea - just wonderful and so therapeutic! I found all the staff to be friendly and welcoming and could not fault the service. The food was tasty with plenty of choice. I also enjoyed the free wifi in my room. Parking was easy: I bought parking tickets for £1 each (valid until 11am the following morning) and found a space on the seafront just outside the hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I ever return to Eastbourne.

2  Thank AdLucem
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have stayed here before,some years ago but when I booked this time,I couldn't believe my eyes, because of the changes and upgrading to 5 star standard, in all but no swimming pool, or gym'.
Apparently it had the changes made over a three month period during the winter season, at a cost of £3 million, the place was completely gutted and refitted with all the best and most modern fittings, even new lifts.
The service is first class, the food is to die for, in a lovely dining room, served without any waiting by very helpful staff.
They have fully disabled rooms for those who need them (I do), and if you bring a mobility scooter (I did), They look after that for you, take it downstairs to charge it up, bring it up when you're ready to go out, the lot.
Yes I would recomend this place, if you want a comfortable, pampered holiday.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra charge for a balcony room, the views along the front, both ways are excellent...
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed here for a conference last weekend of September. The food was excellent, and the staff were extremely friendly. My room (210) was a palace compared to some rooms at other hotels I've stayed in. My only complaint about this hotel is that, considering it's a conference centre, there was no mobile phone reception in my room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2012

From the outside it would be difficult to describe the building as anything other than ugly. Particularly as it is amongst some very nice sea front architecture.

However, first impressions disappear as soon as you walk inside the modern interior.

The reception area and rooms are modern and tastefully decorated.

I had a single room, which was quite small, with just a single bed in it, but it did have a balcony overlooking the sea front from which the views along the prom were stunning.

The room was comfortable, clean and well maintained.

Positives
Comfortable rooms
Great Location
Friendly staff

Negatives
The batteries in the remote control for the telly packed up on the second night, but you can hardly hold the hotel responsible for that!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors offer stunning views over the beach and sea front
1  Thank TravellingTom78
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from yet another stay. Rooms very modern, spacious and clean, enormous super kingsize bed. You need to look beyond the outside which gives the impression of being very dated. Staff very helpful, bar meals great value. Unfortunately for the first time ever the receptionist was not very welcoming, not good for anyone on their first stay. Take it she was having a bad day.

• Stayed: September 2012