“A good hotel but perhaps still a few areas for improvement.”
Review of The View Hotel

The View Hotel
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on a leisure break. Overall, I thought this was a good hotel.

Location is good. On the seafront and just 5-10 mins walk from a good selection of shops theatres and restaurants.
Check-in was smooth and efficient. Staff not especially friendly but were polite and business like. Parking not a problem.

Room was a premium one with a balcony view and was spotlessly clean. Size was approx the same size and layout you would get in a Premier Inn, but the fittings are much smarter and of course you get that marvellous sea view.

Breakfast served with views out to sea was good. However there were a few minor niggles or suggestions:
The temperature in the breakfast area was set pretty cold. My wife wore a coat for the last 2 days. Not sure why it was set so cold.
A choice of yoghurts other than just plain would have been appreciated.
Be aware that the cooked breakfast is served in 2 areas, with beans, porridge and fried eggs in a separate covered area. It wasn't obvious on the first day. It would have been helpful to have had a notice or direction to that effect.
Lastly, toast is served at the start of breakfast with tea and coffee. This means it's cold if you save toast until after eating the cooked breakfast. It would have been nice to have had an option to have it served slightly later. But on the plus side you are not subjected to those awful DIY toasting machines you find elsewhere.

Overall this hotel is a good choice and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I hardly need to say it, but the sea view rooms are worth the extra.
2  Thank mugsy1956
Matt_Huddart, General Manager at The View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear mugsy1956
Thank you for taking the time write a review of your recent leisure break with us.
It was great to read a most constructive review of your experience and in particular I thank you for highlighting our location and the quality of your bedroom.
We are making changes to many areas of the Hotel and your comments regarding the identification of breakfast items has been noted as well as the provision for toast service in the future to suit guest needs.
Thank you for saying overall that you’d definitely stay again and we hope to see you again soon.
Matthew

Write a ReviewReviews (3,623)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was a lovely hotel in a beautiful location. The view from my room was amazing.
The staff were very friendly and I had no issues at all. The room was spacious and well lit.
The food provided was of very good quality and they cater for a range of needs.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Lucieeee
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at the Eastbourne Centre.
We can’t take the credit for the ‘View’ from your room, but can for having some great rooms that give access to almost panoramic view of the beach!
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the quality of food during your visit and we do hope that we’ll see you sometime soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Eastbourne Centre from 22 to 24 November, and, as usual was well looked after by staff that seem to really like their jobs! I've been on several conference stays here before, and the facilities, accommodation and staff are consistently lovely.

This time my husband and I brought our 10 month old daughter with us, and we were very well attended to by all staff, from reception, to the dining room, housekeeping and bar staff.

The conference facilities are purpose-built and excellent.

We never leave this hotel hungry - on full board, you're fed within an inch of your life! The food is decent, not Michelin star stuff, but more than acceptable. The breakfast buffet, in particular, is very generous.

I'm looking forward to my next trip to Eastbourne!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Matt_Huddart, General Manager at The View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear cescasmith
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here with your family.
I was delighted that you were satisfied with the food and were definitely not left hungry!
We have recently made some changes to the presentation of items at Breakfast and I was pleased to note that you enjoyed the selection.
We hope we will see you sometime very soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel sits right on the sea front, it is a very modern hotel but, well built, spacious and well decorated.
The rooms are large and nicely furnished, I found the bed a little hard, but then I always do. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The rooms are air conditioned or heated employing the same controls for both. We found the public areas , corridors etc. warmer than our room. But on querying it with reception we realised that when you take your door lock card out of the electricity slot, the heating goes off.
So if you are out for the evening lesve a card in the slot.
We had a meal in the restaurant this was OK but nothing special.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a balcony facing the sea, if you are staying a couple of nights it would be w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Seutonious
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Eastbourne Centre.
I was pleased to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay and that you found the team here ‘friendly and helpful’.
Thank you for pointing out the operation of the Air conditioning in the bedrooms. As you highlight this is linked to the energy conservation device in the room to ensure that empty rooms are not heated or cooled unnecessarily. The system is quite efficient and generally doesn’t take very long to adjust to the desired temperature.
Thank you for your tip regarding sea view bedrooms. I agree that the supplement is worth the view when you wake in the morning.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here last weekend. Beautiful hotel room overlooking the sea. Stayed Friday and Saturday night 15/16 November. Only one flaw - air conditioning very noisy both nights and could not sleep well. We did bring it to the attention of reception, but they said that it could not be fixed over weekend. We would happily stay here again though as everything else about this hotel was tiptop.

Room Tip: Make sure air conditioning doesn't rattle
1  Thank Sandiben33

Dear Sandiben33
Thank you for your review of your recent weekend break with us.
I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay although I’m sorry we were not able to do more to rectify the air conditioning during your stay.
I have the comments received directly from the team and I’ll be making sure that this (as well as other rooms) are checked for the comfort of all future guests.
In the meantime thank you once again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Excellent location with lovely views over the sea and beaches from sea view rooms. Very modern and excellent value for money. 3 course evening meal good value. Unpretentious and friendly service. Breakfast also very good

Room Tip: Sea view recommended and with balcony

Dear JMP500
Thank you for your valued review of your recent stay with us.
I’m glad you were able to enjoy the view of the fantastic shoreline from your sea view bedroom and enjoyed our usual friendly level of service throughout.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I visit Eastbourne with work two - three times a year and this is my 3rd visit to the Hotel. The interior of the hotel is lovely and the excellent rooms are really comfortable. Breakfast is excellent. I cannot fault this hotel or the staff. I often have to stay in other hotels that are a little cheaper but I really do like and recommend the Eastbourne Centre.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pastornate

Dear pastornate
Thank you for your review of your return visit to stay with us.
I was delighted to read that we are your Hotel of choice and we do hope to welcome you back very soon.
Best regards