The View Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Imperial Hotel(Eastbourne)
  • Free Internet
3,789 results
All reviewseastbourne centrebalcony roomsea viewlovely hotelself servicesea frontbuffet breakfastexcellent staysingle roomreception staffweekend breakplenty of choiceper daywould stay againshort stayevening mealhigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I travelled from Belfast for my husband to have a procedure at the Esperance hospital and I had a room booked in the Eastbourne Centre as I could not stay with my hubby in the hospital.

The bedrooms are very clean and comfortable,the bathrooms while small are spotless.The staff were amazing,I had no milk on the tea tray in the room and rang reception and a porter arrived at my door within minutes :)
All in all very pleased and if I ever have a chance to come back to Eastbourne under better circumstances I will definitely be booking this hotel :)

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank alex12seth5sophie1
Matt_Huddart, General Manager at The View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear alex12seth5sophie1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay, it is most appreciated.
I was glad to read that you experienced not only the high level of cleanliness but also our service levels which we work hard to maintain.
Hopefully you’ll be able to come back and enjoy another comfortable stay and I do hope your husband will be able to enjoy with you.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A group of six of us have just returned after a Easter weekend stay @ the Eastbourne Centre Hotel.
Brilliant,great location,rooms immaculate,staff and breakfast excellent.We shall return.MANY THANKS..

Room Tip: We had a sea view room with balcony which we paid extra,the others had rooms which were larger,I think the cheaper option was better unless you intended to spend a lot of time in your room.But overall great hotel..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Exboxmoorboy

Dear Exboxmoorby
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your Easter Weekend stay with us.
It was great to read that all six of you though we were Brilliant!
Thank you in particular for mentioning that you found the rooms to be immaculate and the breakfast excellent.
Finally, thanks for saying you’ll come back again and we do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed here numerous times in recent months, and it has always been a pleasure. The rooms are great and the staff helpful. I would recommend it to anyone staying in Eastbourne. It is well positioned to be central for all Eastbourne has to offer.There are some great restaurants within a short walking distance. The sea view rooms are a real bonus. The breakfasts are very good with wide range of food selections.I will be using it for a few days break with my family in the summer. ps the pier is great and well worth a visit.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank David O

Dear David O,
Thank you for your very kind and positive comments regarding your recent experiences at the Eastbourne Centre.
It always great to hear from guests that have experienced the hotel a number of times as this highlights the consistent standards we strive to achieve.
I agree that our central location (with accompanying sea views) is enviable and very convenient for our guests to plan their daily activities. We pride ourselves on our quality of food and service and our efficient team of staff in all areas is our asset to deliver the guests expectations during their stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon here with us on your next stay, and giving us the opportunity again to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We got a great offer from Amazon local, £99 for 2 nights and we decided to pay another £40 for a balcony with sea view. With this offer it seemed like a steal, at full price I may be more critical.

The rooms must have been recently refitted and they look good. It's all very clean with a nice modern feel. The room was quite small but had a massive comfy bed the shower was great.

It's either an accident or a stroke of design genius but they seem to have managed to incorporate some of the old 70s features to create a retro feel. If it were London this would probably add a premium!

Parking was good with £1 permits available from reception.

Only criticism was breakfast. It was very busy, which is to be expected but I didn't think the quality was there and the presentation didn't exactly tempt me. Again with the price we paid I'm not too bothered but if I was paying the full rate this would be something I would expect to be of a higher standard.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iain M

Dear Iain M,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us here at the Eastbourne Centre. The rooms in the Hotel have all been refurbished to a very modern standard with their accompanying amenities. The Hotel does have some ‘70s features as part of the Hotels original build and design that have been preserved to add that feel and I’m glad you liked our thoughtful design!
I am sorry didn’t feel breakfast scored 10/10. We have made some changes to the specification over the past months and always welcome additional feedback on how we might do things event better. If there’s anything specific you noted please do let me know personally.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us very soon, and I can assure you of our continued commitment to quality and service.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is genuinely good - ignore the disgusting exterior! The rooms are fantastic and most have a fabulous sea view. I had a single room on the 6th floor and the view from the balcony was wonderful. It was well-appointed, warm and very clean. The service is excellent and very friendly. The food is not great so don't do more than the breakfast but otherwise the hotel is really good. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Def go for one at the front and on the upper floors for the best views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jasmine B,
Thank you for your nice comments following your recent stay here with us at the Eastbourne Centre.
I agree the views from the sea facing rooms are extraordinary and especially from the upper floors!
The exterior of the building is iconic in design which of course is very much a personal view! If there were however any specific items that you noted about the exterior that we might address please do let us know so we can investigate and rectify where possible.
We are normally complemented for the food we serve in the Hotels Food and Beverage outlets and I am again sorry that you experienced some disappointment other than our breakfast offering. We are working hard to ensure our menu offerings are both competitively priced and have a variety that will appeal to a wide range of our guests. Please rest assured your points of feedback have been taken on board seriously.
We look forward to you staying with us again very soon.