“A stunning view”

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Eastbourne
London, United Kingdom
“A stunning view”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel over the weekend with my husband and I have to say the view from the balcony was wonderful we had a double room and it was spotless with a superbly clean bathroom. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We had breakfast for the two days we stayed there good selection of hot and cold buffet.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ZimJam
Matt_Huddart, General Manager at The View Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear ZimJam
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of you weekend stay at the Eastbourne Centre.
We can’t take the full credit for the wonderful views from the balconies except that the incredible design of the Hotel means that many of our rooms do have an unspoilt outlook over the beach and sea!
Thank you for highlighting the cleanliness and I was pleased that you enjoyed the selection and quality of food at breakfast.
We hope to see you again soon.
Matthew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Watford, Hertfordshire
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This place is really great. We got a deal through Amazon Local (£149 for 2 for 2 nights b & b) and were so pleased we paid the £40 supplement for a sea view room with balcony. The room was a perfect size, everything was comfortable and clean and the staff were really friendly. Breakfast was very nice and we got a sea view table on both mornings. We didn't eat at the hotel in the evening as they stopped serving at 9pm (think that could be a bit later?) so can't comment on that. The menu looked ok and reasonably priced though. I would definitely stay there again. Really good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear AliWatford
WOW what a title and great review…thank you!
I was delighted to read that we fully met your expectations and you appreciated the great deal we recently offered.
Thank you for highlighting that the team here were really friendly and I’m pleased that you enjoyed the views from your table at breakfast. We are continually reviewing our restaurant opening times and hope you’ll be able to sample our bar or restaurant menu next time you visit.
Until then, thank you once again.
Kent
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay here. We were both pleasantly surprised at how good this hotel is, ok, the exterior isn't the most beautiful building, however, this is just the skin. The interior is fantastic, our room was immaculate and very well appointed. The biggest selling points from us is the cleanliness of the hotel and the brilliant , polite and helpful staff.We have stayed in various 5 star hotels in our travels and some of them could learn some valuable lessons from The Centre Hotel. I think a large pat on the back should go to the staff for the way they keep their hotel, we will be back. Ps the breakfast is very very good.

Room Tip: Sea front with balcony.
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wabs42
Dear wabs42
Thank you for the review of your recent two night stay with us at the Eastbourne Centre.
The hotel exterior is much like ‘Marmite’ and some do think 1970’s retro looks are to be appreciated! This said, I’m pleased that you though the interior was ‘fantastic’
In particular thank you for the virtual ‘pat on the back’ for the team here as I too am proud of the level of service that they continue to strive to achieve.
Finally, thank you for saying that breakfast is ‘very very good’ and we hope it won’t be too long before we can welcome you back again.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I travelled from Belfast for my husband to have a procedure at the Esperance hospital and I had a room booked in the Eastbourne Centre as I could not stay with my hubby in the hospital.

The bedrooms are very clean and comfortable,the bathrooms while small are spotless.The staff were amazing,I had no milk on the tea tray in the room and rang reception and a porter arrived at my door within minutes :)
All in all very pleased and if I ever have a chance to come back to Eastbourne under better circumstances I will definitely be booking this hotel :)

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank alex12seth5sophie1
Dear alex12seth5sophie1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay, it is most appreciated.
I was glad to read that you experienced not only the high level of cleanliness but also our service levels which we work hard to maintain.
Hopefully you’ll be able to come back and enjoy another comfortable stay and I do hope your husband will be able to enjoy with you.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

A group of six of us have just returned after a Easter weekend stay @ the Eastbourne Centre Hotel.
Brilliant,great location,rooms immaculate,staff and breakfast excellent.We shall return.MANY THANKS..

Room Tip: We had a sea view room with balcony which we paid extra,the others had rooms which were larger,I thi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Exboxmoorboy
Dear Exboxmoorby
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your Easter Weekend stay with us.
It was great to read that all six of you though we were Brilliant!
Thank you in particular for mentioning that you found the rooms to be immaculate and the breakfast excellent.
Finally, thanks for saying you’ll come back again and we do hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here numerous times in recent months, and it has always been a pleasure. The rooms are great and the staff helpful. I would recommend it to anyone staying in Eastbourne. It is well positioned to be central for all Eastbourne has to offer.There are some great restaurants within a short walking distance. The sea view rooms are a real bonus. The breakfasts are very good with wide range of food selections.I will be using it for a few days break with my family in the summer. ps the pier is great and well worth a visit.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David O
Dear David O,
Thank you for your very kind and positive comments regarding your recent experiences at the Eastbourne Centre.
It always great to hear from guests that have experienced the hotel a number of times as this highlights the consistent standards we strive to achieve.
I agree that our central location (with accompanying sea views) is enviable and very convenient for our guests to plan their daily activities. We pride ourselves on our quality of food and service and our efficient team of staff in all areas is our asset to deliver the guests expectations during their stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon here with us on your next stay, and giving us the opportunity again to make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one!
Hertford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We got a great offer from Amazon local, £99 for 2 nights and we decided to pay another £40 for a balcony with sea view. With this offer it seemed like a steal, at full price I may be more critical.

The rooms must have been recently refitted and they look good. It's all very clean with a nice modern feel. The room was quite small but had a massive comfy bed the shower was great.

It's either an accident or a stroke of design genius but they seem to have managed to incorporate some of the old 70s features to create a retro feel. If it were London this would probably add a premium!

Parking was good with £1 permits available from reception.

Only criticism was breakfast. It was very busy, which is to be expected but I didn't think the quality was there and the presentation didn't exactly tempt me. Again with the price we paid I'm not too bothered but if I was paying the full rate this would be something I would expect to be of a higher standard.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iain M
Dear Iain M,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay with us here at the Eastbourne Centre. The rooms in the Hotel have all been refurbished to a very modern standard with their accompanying amenities. The Hotel does have some ‘70s features as part of the Hotels original build and design that have been preserved to add that feel and I’m glad you liked our thoughtful design!
I am sorry didn’t feel breakfast scored 10/10. We have made some changes to the specification over the past months and always welcome additional feedback on how we might do things event better. If there’s anything specific you noted please do let me know personally.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us very soon, and I can assure you of our continued commitment to quality and service.