“What a pleasant surprise!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eastbourne
Courtlands Hotel
Ranked #39 of 42 Hotels in Eastbourne
London, United Kingdom
“What a pleasant surprise!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I booked the Courtlands as a reasonably affordable weekend stay when visiting family in Eastbourne. As i walked into the entrance lobby, first thought was that I'd stepped into the wrong entrance. The decor far surpassed my expectations of a 3 star accomodation. I was greeted in reception by the very friendly owners and promptly shown to my room.
The room had a very grand feel to it, a brand new flat screen tv and the ensuite bathroom was pristine. I only had breakfast as i had planned to eat with family but breakfast (included with the room) was very tasty and filling. The bed was also very comfy to sleep in and not a bad view to wake up to in the mornings either.
Location is great!!! 2 mins from seafront, 5 mins from the main town and free parking.
Overall I had a lovely stay and was made to feel welcome and relaxed at all times.
I will definately be staying at The Courtlands next time I visit and may well bring my wife next time even if it is just to treat her to a nice four poster bed and a trip to the theatre opposite.
Great hotel, Great location, Great friendly staff.
Thankyou for a wonderful stay........

Room Tip: Definately ask for the four poster bed as it looks amazing......
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stayed for two nights, visiting my mother and brother in Eastbourne. I received a very warm reception at the hotel, everything was as advertised, meals and service excellent. I had dinner with my mother at the hotel and she was very impressed by the food (having been recently disappointed at a nearby 5-star hotel restaurant). Friendly, good value, professional service from all staff at the hotel

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We come to Eastbourne regularly and have found this a wonderful place to stay. The decor of the rooms is of a very high standard and they refurbish on a regular basis (goodness knows how much they've spent as the furnishings and curtains etc are of top quality). The staff are friendly and fun with a great sense of humour. They also offer a good menu selection at meal times and also cater for special dietary needs if required.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back from the road with it's own car park so it's nice and quiet at the fro...
Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rob l
Banstead
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Lovely big (Edwardian?) hotel; great position, lovely views. Downstairs reception/lounges/restaurant/bar/bathrooms, all beautifully decorated and furnished, and upstairs, my room (all en-suite I think) was spotless, very comfortable. The people who run/work the place always seem to be around to help; very relaxing, friendly and fun (and it's got its own car park!).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

We visit this hotel 2-3 times a year and has now become part of many family traditions, catering for all four generations of our family. We all love the friendly atmosphere and have built a great relastionship with all members of staff, as well as the lovely owners, who always go out of there way to welcome us and make us feel at home, the hotel is currently under going some refeblishment which in my opinion has just improved everything... The on suites are now light and airy and the bedrooms very comfortable. Would highly recommend this hotel which is located in walking distance of the beach, theatres, and anything else you may need.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Lula_108
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just by luck my friend and I booked into this hotel whilst visiting Eastbourne and were very satisfied. The room was spacious and clean, The bathroom was Clean and comfortable.
The location is quite good it is very central & Free car park, will come back again if have any chance

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel (and I use this phrase loosely as not to insult actual hotel establishments) is the worst hotel I have ever had the displeasure of staying in. The top sheets of the beds were never cleaned i ''accidently'' learned from the cleaning lady, so you are sharing sheets that people sweat, shed skin etc into. The owners are by far the rudest staff I have ever know, I felt trapped in my room as the lady owner was incredibly nosey and insulting. The scottish man staggered into the hotels dining room stupidley drunk on a couple of occasions, which is extremely unprofessional and uncomfortable. The home cooked meals were not homecooked at all - the biggest con! However, I am not going to complain too much on this as I dread to think how un edible they would be if they were not out of a packet. The decor of the hotel was extremely dated. We went to the bar area on several occasions to find no one serving...at all! This just isnt a hotel and completely unacceptable. If you are looking to stay here, please take my advice and don't bother.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Cosmogirlx

Travellers are raving about these Eastbourne hotels