“An absolute gem! ”

Ranked #22 of 77 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“An absolute gem! ”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Visited the wonderful Ocklynge Manor for just the one night (8 Dec) but so wished I could have stayed longer! I knew from the website and previous reviews that it was a special place and I was not disappointed. After a long drive I arrived and was greeted by Wendy, who, once she had shown me to my beautifully appointed room helped me settle in with a pot of tea, home baked scones and jam. A thoroughly delightful and most welcome touch! The house, my room and the gardens (Even at this time of year) were all absolutely stunning and the history of the Manor is fascinating in its own right! After an evening meal taken at a local Italian restaurant (Recommended by Wendy) I returned and enjoyed a wonderful nights rest in the most comfortable of beds. The following morning I was treated to a sumptuous breakfast (Worth the visit alone) and had a lovely long chat with Wendy. To sum up; the house, the host and the history make this the best B&B I have ever stayed at and I have visited many. So good, that I am planning to visit again with my wife so that she can sample the experience. Wendy, once again thank-you!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent friendly accommodating hospitable lovely, I could go on,,,but the B&B is really a great place to stay . We stayed there for just one night and it wasn't enough, arriving cold from the bike ride Wendy our host took care of us with homemade cake and tea and a hot bath, just the job!
Excellent!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

What an experience ! The owner Wendy misses nothing, attention to detail is her byword ! She remembers everything from the little touches in the room , to remembering the first name of all the guests, including providing and chilling a previously requested bottle of prosecco. Beautifully appointed house , thoroughly clean, charming hosts and great home made breakfast including the bread ! Beautiful bedroom , great views of the amazing garden. This B&B is a treasure.
Graham and Vanda from Kent.

Room Tip: Only saw room 1 which albeit is not ensuite ( private bathroom across the corridor) the room is beau...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We booked this B&B online, from Canada, for a 3 night stay. We arrived a bit early, but were greeted warmly by Wendy and David. There is safe and secure off-road parking on the premises. The house is absolutely stunning, and our room was like something out of a magazine, and it looked out over the most beautiful gardens. Wendy has thought of everything and nothing has been overlooked. The breakfasts were prepared to everyone's individual taste and complemented by homemade bread and marmalades. Free WiFi is available throughout the house. I cannot fault this B&B - it was perfect in every way and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Although I arrived late after a long journey, I was greeted so warmly by Wendy and helped with my bags. I was then shown through the most elegant home to my gorgeous room, well more like a suite actually. Having stayed at some super places in the past, I would liken it to Claridges in London, everything was five star and so well thought out. Such care was shown to the luxurious detail .As I settled in to this 'just what I needed' slice of luxury, Wendy returned with a pot of tea and delicious home made cake, just perfect. The bed was soooo comfortable, the bathroom potions a treat and breakfast of home made bread, homemade preserves, fresh fruit salad , cereals, and cooked breakfast was once again spot on. I will definitely be staying here again.Thank you so much Wendy and David.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent two days here in September 2013, principally to allow me to attend a company reunion in Eastbourne. Wendy and David were very gracious hosts, Wendy welcoming us on our arrival with tea and a splendid lemon cake, served on the lawn of their truly beautiful, peaceful garden, on a glorious sunny afternoon, where the shade of the mature trees was most welcome.

The spacious accommodation was very comfortably furnished. There was a wide choice of home made produce on offer at breakfast, including classic British
dishes. We would be happy to stay there again at any time in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was our second visit to this excellent B&B and we were equally as impressed as we were the first time.
A beautiful building and gardens, gorgeous rooms, splendid breakfast and faultless service from lovely hosts - PERFECT.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple