“weekend break”
Review of Hadleigh Hotel

Hadleigh Hotel
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I found the staff very friendly and obliging.
The food was very good and served very quickly, no waiting.
Hotel comfortable and clean with good entertainment on the two night weekend stay.
A staff member checked my whereabouts when I did not make it down to breakfast.
I was then provided with very welcome cup of tea and a bacon sandwich when I arrived down very late.
The single room was small, but comfortable with a good size bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Irene P
There are newer reviews for Hadleigh Hotel

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Went on a Christmas break for 5 days with Jay and Kay coach tours, They always get it right,
What a brilliaant hotel, nothing and I mean nothing was to much for them, what every you asked for they got for you we wanted to play crib and like a flash cards and crib board were there for you, all the staff, Bill, Sara, Sam( a look alike for David Tennent) and Tony our lovely Waiter where all Brilliant they really looked after you.and worked very hard, Sara was very entertaining and kept the Christmas mood going.
Would we go there again, You bet your life we would,. well done everybody, even our lovely lady who cleaned our room every day

Room Tip: we were on the third floor with quite a nice veiw, everything you needed was there
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Camberwell194
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just returned from the Hadleigh Hotel stayed Tuesday to Saturday, having stayed there before we knew it was ok, this time it was a Tinsel and Turkey Week with Buckleys Coach Tours ( can highly recomend this company), from arrival to departure in was excellent the food was first class and plenty of it, the staff worked hard to make our stay pleasant, the bedrooms and everywhere in the hotel was spotlessly clean, very professional entertainment every night, We have only one complaint and that was the entertainment hostess Sara, she was very unprofessional and she lost the plot on more than one instance, having been told she was only employed for the tinsel and turkey weeks lets hope they hire somebody else for next year as we are returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank cockles55
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel is very well situated for the promenade & town centre. We found the staff to be very obliging, helpful & efficient. There was always a good choice for meals which was always served hot & plentiful with good presentation. We found the entertainment to be very good & the hostess to be very pleasant & made you feel very welcome. The bar staff were very obliging & nothing seemed to be to much trouble for them. We had a room on the 3rd floor which was comfortable warm & kept very clean by the staff. Ladies please take note that there is no hair dryer provided. I took my own as I had read about this on a previous review. We found that water pressure on this floor to be very poor & did struggle to get a shower but the water was always piping hot. This is the only hotel we have been to where only complimentary toiletries were provided on the first day. However we had a great time & would return to this hotel. No hesitation on recommending this hotel for a great break.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dancingshoes47
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have just come back from having a wonderful break with friends at this hotel and can`t praise it enough. I can always guarantee that I will be well looked after in every way i.e.room.meals entertainment and most of all by a wonderful staff, who play a big part in making it a good break.

Room Tip: when you book ask at the same time as to what rooms are available then you wont be disapointed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank maureen k
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I went to the Hadleigh hotel as part of a coach holiday 22_november to 25-November for a turkey and tinsel week end . The hotel itself is very well situated being only 5 minutes walk from the promenade. The hotel is clean and comfortable with plenty of arm chairs and small tables in and around the reception area. The room I occupied was very comfortable and kept very clean b y the room assistants. The dining area was also very nice and the food was excellent quality and quantity. There was entairntment each of the three nights I was there which was quite good.. The staff I came into contact with were all very friendly and the service was excellent. All in All I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mikeY7393CB
Reviewed 1 November 2013

October 2013 - the hotel seemed tired and so did the staff! Our waitress was downright rude, she hardly spoke to us and when we complained about the food one night her comment was "I only serve it, I don't cook it" - how about that for service?!!!! I asked her to pass on our complaint but nobody came to speak to us about it.

The room was small, even though it was a double, and it is disappointing in this day and age to have blankets on the bed instead of a duvet. My room was right over the entertainment lounge so on the nights that I wanted to retire early I could not sleep until the music/singing had finised at 11pm. My door rattled all night even though the wind was not particularly high (I like to sleep with the window open). The bathroom was claustrophobic and the back of the toilet was dirty. I was irritated by the Christmas decorations that were put up early in the week ready for the first Turkey & Tinsel break - I was NOT on a christmas break and did not want this in my face all week. I found that the only friendly staff members were those serving on the bar. I am a "young" senior citizen and would have expected some mixer drinks such as Vodka WKDs and Bacardi Breezers - I had to stick with wine. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at 1st floor front, it will be noisy at night with the entertainment lounge...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends