“Splendidly fun”
Review of The Strand Hotel

The Strand Hotel
Ranked #39 of 40 Hotels in Eastbourne
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hitlon royal parade is an interesting hotel. Me and my husband enjoyed our stay. Yes there was problems with someone individual smoking in the room and caused a fire issue so I over heard. But that's common in hotels unfortunately. This wasn't really a problem our stay was fun and amazing. The receptionists were so helpful mostly polite. The food was nice and well presented with nice professional service. What I have seen is this is a budget hotel. The duty manager explained that it's had new management and are refurbishing the hotel. We had entertainment every night which was a delight. The bar man duty manager man was rushed of his feet but he gave a professional service and helped us with any problems we had. Although it was hot the bar was closed at 10:30 but who came blame him it was a sauna. The staff are the best at what they do. I will vist again with my husband. Thank you.

1  Thank mrssnobbie
There are newer reviews for The Strand Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Booked this hotel at last minute as was unable to get on campsite we were booked at due to adverse weather conditions. It was the only hotel that had availability in the area, so whilst we were lucky to have a roof over our heads at such short notice, if I had booked this as a holiday maker I would be very disappointed . The room was tiny with two single beds and the smallest shower / toilet imaginable. It didn't help that it was one of the hottest days of the year so the lack of air con or an opening window made the night almost unbearable. The hallway / stairs were shabby and in need of decorating. The bar area was adequate and the bar man very pleasant . The vinyl chairs in the front bar window area were something I would expect in an old people home !
Beware parking is almost non existent. You can park on the road outside or in the side roads but good luck finding a space. Would we return - definitely not, but we were desperate that night so.....ll

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luckilucki
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My stay started with the arrival of our coach to Hilton royal parade met by the duty manager a lovely man nice friendly service. The reception very clean and super lady's with good service. Room was clean and pleasant but hot due to summer. I enjoyed and like the food very good 3 course. Entertainment was fun poor barman/duty manager suffered the heat no fans or air in bar area but it was good value for money. I do recommend to all just don't be to pickie go with the flow. I will be back for the Christmas tinsel and turkey sounds really fun thanks to everyone at Hilton royal parade.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My sister and I stayed in this Hotel for 3 nights if you can call it a Hotel a Hostel is more the truth. It's awful the kettle was plugged into a extension lead where it was to short to reach the antique sideboard where the kettle stood, we had to put kettle on floor to use, also shower cubicle was about an 18 inch square so if a little on the large side no chance, window would not open, food terrible list goes on and on only good thing bed and toilet was clean

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam S
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This was one of three hotels we stayed in uk this week....and by far the worst ...it needs refurbishing ...better customer service and more modern faciliities..wifi in all rooms bar open later ...better entertainment just to start with....the shower was a converted cupboard ...the bed uncomfortable and hygiene needs to be taken seriously....how it has the hilton name above its doors is beyond me....the other hotels future inn cardiff and ibis luton were miles ahead in every way.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul O
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

If I'd been a holiday maker, I'd have been upset. The room (220) was quirky in layout, daily cleaning etc fine, but below the surface was tired and filthy. Carpet, for instance, was pretty disgusting. Sea view was nice though difficult because bed and cupboard obscured it. Shower was tiny, tired,and hard to get hot water from. The stench of cigarettes and tedious drivel from smokers well into the night (1am) was not good.

6  Thank Graham W
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Was in this hotel for 1 night in July 2014. It's such a small room its claustrophobic. Our bed was small and hard. The shower was I think pretty newly renovated but also so small...
Only plus is that it's on the ocean side, we didn't have ocean view though. Maybe the rooms with ocean view are bigger? I wouldn't take that risk rather book somewhere else.
Breakfast was not good either, when you eat and you get the feeling, hopefully I don't get sick after eating this...I did not get sick but still not worth it...

2  Thank karin b