See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had to wait ages for a receptionist to turn up and her command of English was very poor. She managed to lose our booking forms and seemed to have trouble with the computer. I asked about parking in the street as I have a blue badge and the chap I assumed to be the duty manager said I still have to pay. No you don't. Breakfast was poor and the eggs were hard. The rest was tasteless. We decided to give the restaurant a try in the evening as we hoped it would have a decent chef. When the waitress eventually turned up she also had limited English. She gave us a menu and promptly disappeared for 10 minutes. The menu had very little choice. It took us a while to explain what we wanted. 5 minutes later the bar manager came and asked what we wanted to drink. You guessed it....limited English. Our meal arrived 25 minutes later and so did the drinks. Luckily for us there were only 2 others in the restaurant . Unlucky for the restaurant as they were chefs and made it known what they thought of the cooking. We have stayed here before and have always enjoyed it. We won't be back unless things improve greatly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank roy_baker9
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Went to reception to book in, there must have been 6 girls and a baby behind a small desk. Ordered coffees while sitting outside, the barmaid with baby in arms struggled to make coffees with one hand. Outside groups of young people sat around, some with dressing gowns, some hair in towels, some just smoking. They did not look like holidaymakers, maybe they were workers, but not a good advertisement. The lounge area was quite pleasant and tidy but other areas had not had a clean for a long time. I blame the management. If I can see it why can't they. They get reviews saying it is tatty so why don't they do something about it? Ladies toilets off the lodge was broken and still was 2 days later! The bedroom we were given was ok and reasonably clean with sea view. The woodwork around the Windows was poor, but I realise it is Victorian and not easy to maintain, but cleanliness is another thing. Did not have breakfast because I thought at £9.50 was expensive. Coming back to the hotel in the evenings again people hovering around smoking. If they were workers and I was the manager I would move them on it does not look good for customers. Nice position on the seafront and patio out front to have a drink. Like a lot of these sort of hotels with a good manager and not a lot of time and money they could improve their ratings.

Room Tip: We had sea view rooms the weather was lovely so all good
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank margaretkendle
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I dont think i have ever stayed in a hotel more stinking than this one. Our room was filthy, we stayed one night and after being bitten alive by mites all night we stripped off the bed sheet to see the disgusting filth we had slept in. please see the photos they say a lot more than i can!!!! There waere toenails and pubic hairs, dead insects and body fluid stains on the bed, some blue sticky stuff running down the wall, a dirty sock on the floor, thick dust everywhere, filthy skirting and shower tray in the bathroom and There was no hot water left at 8am on sataurday morning, the welcome file had a horrible stain on it. How hard is it to wipe a file when cleaning the room. The room looked like it hadnt been cleaned for months. The whole place is tatty, and there is no pride taken in it, the tv had come off the wall and had been put back wonky with no attempt made to repair the wall properly. The only good thing was that they refunded our money the next morning without any issues. We left after 1 night and went to stay at a much better hotel that cost the same money

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank petefeet1975
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Lovely hotel highly enjoyed our stay and would recommend for a quiet weekend away, great for families also and lovely beach great atmosphere, staff lovely at the hotel. Lots of little shops and cafes and markets also.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit and I will like to return again. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Had a lovely sea view room. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were serviced every day and had fresh towels. The hotel has a very nice bar and lounge area with a pool table. Only a short walk away from the restaurants. Definitely recommend it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple