“Lovely B&B”

Ranked #32 of 144 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Telford, United Kingdom
“Lovely B&B”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My partner and I spent a very lovely night at this B&B. We were very warmly welcomed by James who told us of some restaurants we may like to try while we were there (local knowledge is always best!) and I am delighted to say that we had a great pub snack at the Albert Pub on Madoc Street and an even better evening meal at a small Italian called Carlo's - excellent!!! Please note we had to book at Carlo's as it is V popular..... this is located just round the corner from the Britannia Guest house so not too far after a busy day.

Back to the Guest house - lovely Double room with sea view, excellent bed and everything you would need - James even checked to see if we would like some wine glasses which I thought was a nice touch. Shower ok, not the best but not the worst I have ever had.

Breakfast service top notch and food plentiful and nice - only complaint was the sausage, not very nice and didn't seem to "go" with the rest of the breakfast which was lovely!!

Long walk from Guest House into main attractions of Llandudno which is what I wanted when booked - just be aware though if you want to be closer to Pier, Orme, Shops etc.

Overall excellent and I would def go back/recommend to a friend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jodavies76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I've just returned from a relaxing 2 day break, and I must say it was a tonic. The little things such as sweets on your pillow gave it that special touch. I was a bit wary of travelling alone, however i was treated very well and looked after

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ann F
Wirral
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while walking in the Conwy valley. Very comfortable room, I had 2 really good nights sleep as I like a firm bed. James is a very welcoming and amiable host, like a previous guest, we didn't meet Jackie but we didn't feel slighted at all. I would recommend this guest house as a great place to stay, right on the sea front, free on road parking, strolling distance to Venue Cymru and the town centre.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed for 3 nights. Excellent B&B. Rooms were very comfortable and clean with lovely sea view. The breakfast was very good and the staff were really friendly. James made us feel very welcome and was very helpful. The guest house is located at the far end of Llandudno, about a 15 minute walk from the centre, and parking is free. Would certainly recommend this B&B

Room Tip: Would recommend a sea view room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JAAPHIL
widnes
Reviewed 9 June 2012

very nice place to stay and we really enjoyed this. Very nice room, very nice breakfast and James was a very nice and kind host. Was very disappointed though that Jackie never came out to meet and greet us. May be she was not feeling well but if not I am offended by this as she was very rude.

Room Tip: no swimming pool or fitness centre that is why i have not rated it
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank paul m
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Last visited (and reviewed) in November 2011 and very happy to return to Britannia Guest House in Llandudno. This time we stayed 3 nights, sea view double room on the top floor. Great weather in contrast to our last winter visit made the sea view even more enjoyable.

Excellent room and ensuite bathroom, top floor. Our room had a double and single in and very spacious. The furnishings were stylish and comfortable, lovely elegant long curtains framing the beautiful sea view with two comfy chairs at the window to sit and soak up the peacefull view and priceless sunsets- bliss....! Or if people watching is your thing, there is ample opportunity to sit and watch the world go by. I have to mention the attension to detail and cleanliness- I really don't think I have ever stayed somewhere so clean, it really is a credit to how this place is run and the standard eminates throughout the B&B. I also slept very well here and ate very well at breakfast in the morning!

As others have mentioned, James and Jackie are wonderful hosts, friendly, welcoming and helpful should you need advice on where to go, eat out, drink etc (and the young lady on the staff serving morning breakfast really plesant too). We were travelling on Angelsey and even followed their advice about the southside beaches and pine forrests in Angelsey- and must thank you for this, it was absolutely stunning! We wouldn't have known about it otherwise.

I would say this B&B is suitable for all, whether you are on your own, in a couple or as a family. With its close location to the beach, promenade and short walk to town I couldn't fault it. We didnt have a car and got around easily from this location, also using the bus routes (I can recomend being adventurous on the bus and going all the way to Betws y Coed for excellent views a cream tea).

I regret I forgot to put a comment in you visitors book, but thank you again for a lovely stay and we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: First floor sea view room has a bigger window! We heard a couple raving about it at breakfast! I thi...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Woueza
Buxton
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We visited during the Extravaganza Weekend in May with elderly parents.

On arrival we were met by James, the owner, who settled us in and took our orders for breakfast. The rooms were clean, tastefully decorated and had comfortable beds which ensured a good nights sleep.

The breakfasts were cooked to order and were superb every day; we were always asked if we had had enough to eat. All the staff were friendly and efficient.

It was less than 5 minutes to the bus stop for transport into town, but after the first day we took taxis into town which were very reasonably priced (about £3 each way). You could walk into the town if you fancied along the promenade or the beach.

We stayed on the second floor and had a lovely view of the promenade and sea. Wifi was available and a good signal was received in our room.

For snacks, etc, there is a co-op just 5 minutes away and a convenience store even nearer. Wine glasses, a kettle and tea and coffee making items were provided in the room.

We thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay there and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends