“Coach holiday to the Hydro”
Review of Hydro Hotel

Hydro Hotel
Ranked #29 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was our first coach holiday with Alfa, and i wasn't dissapointed. We arrived by feeder coach to Burturn Woods Interchange where we boarded our coach for Llandudno. Our driver George gave us all the information we would need when we got off etc, plus plenty of facts and figures about the area we were traveling through.
On arrival at the Hydro the new manager Emile boarded the coach to welcome us all on on board and advised us how to check in etc .From that moment on we all felt welcome, it was like one big happy family.
Our room 133 was on the first floor with twin beds and shower, it was very spacious,and spotlessly clean.
The food was of a very good standard and on occasions the chef would come out and ask guests if they had enjoyed their meal.
All the waiting staff were excellent , friendly and polite.
The maids did a fantastic job and always had a smile.
Entertainment each night was a mixture, my favorite was the singer/comedian.
Bingo was also played , i early game and then another game at 9.30, so it wasn't overkill.
We had 2 and days trips out , George knows all about the area so it all very interesting.We did an extra trip in mini buses for half a day round town and up the The Great Orme, the views are spectacular, nice cafe at the top and Alan again full of facts.
We added a train trip on one of the days from Porthmadog to Bleinau Festiniog. that was good if you got sat on the right hand side so you could see the views .
All in all a very good holiday , met some lovely people, really enjoyed the Hydro and would definatley go back and also recomend it.Llandudno is lovely and flat for walking, the street that runs paralell behind the hotel (Mostyn Street )has lots of shops.
On leaving Emile came on board to wish us a safe jouney home and waved us off. Would i go back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,o yes :)

Room Tip: 133 i cannot fault hardley any traffic noise
6  Thank Jan532

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My first time with Alfa Travel quite impressed .Coach driver splendid,hotel clean ,staff very polite ,food adequate ,have already booked two more 5day trips.Hope they are as good as the first one.Location is good,on the sea front,good view of the surrounding hills,and near the shops.

Room Tip: State what you like and what you don't like.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gordon R
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is somewhat dated, but having stayed here before we knew what to expect. Room was clean, warm and comfortable and as far as I am aware all rooms have an open view, some overlook a carpark but not backyards or brick walls. Food was good and not overfacing but was enough. Location of the hotel is good, on the sea front, at the end of the shopping street. We were Self Drive ( no problems parking) so cannot comment on coach experiences. Entertainment was not our cup of tea. Will definitely be booking again.

4  Thank postcard77
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here on a short 3 day business trip. The hotel was inexpensive and value for the money we paid (not cheap cheap!). The hotel was somewhat dated. However, it was clean and comfortable (recent newly fitted bathroom), The staff were excellent and very helpful and attentive.
Certainly not 4* or 5* quality - but we did not pay for or expect that level of accommodation.
Primarilly a coaching hotel with nice respectable guests.
Very good value for the money

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AlexJane
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My first experience of the hotel was when the manager came onto the coach to welcome everyone. It was a good start, and the good impression only got better during my stay.

The hotel is on the seafront but although my room was not facing the sea, I still had a great view, of the distant hills. The room was clean and comfortable, there were tea and coffee making facilities, and also a TV and hair dryer. In the four nights I stayed there I did not hear any noise at all either from other rooms or traffic.

There was a good choice of food at every meal, including vegetarian and light options. The waiting staff were excellent, very friendly, fast and courteous. Reception and bar staff were also
very helpful and friendly.

The only reason I have not rated the hotel excellent is because of a problem with the stairs. I have problems with walking, and stairs are agony so I normally avoid them but had no choice here. Although there is a wheelchair lift from the prom to the ground floor, and an ordinary one which visits all floors, there are still lots of stairs to be navigated on every corridor. The layout of the rooms is very strange, and hard to understand. I think perhaps it was several buildings that were joined together, which is why you have to go up one set of stairs, then down another and through a door to come to the end of corridor, but still remaining on the same floor. Very odd.

However that was the only downfall of this otherwise great hotel. I recommend it very highly, but if you have mobility problems I suggest asking for a room on the ground floor, or near the lift.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank GillEngland
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review for my parents as they have no online access. They have advised me exactly what they want me to write.
A lovely, relaxing holiday. Great hotel, very clean and well run. Exceptional food and friendly, courteous, helpful staff from the manager down. Really enjoyed ourselves and will certainly recommended it. The best Leisureplex hotel we have stayed in!
Mr & Mrs Whitelaw, Maghull, Merseyside.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We and our friends stopped here we had 2x twin bed sea views they were large and very nice !and I will say the staff were courteous helpful and cheerfull well done!!
I don't know why this hotel is low on trip adviser because I have been going to Llandudno a long time and I have just stayed in the best accommodation there and will def use again.

Room Tip: We had 104 and 108 both large twins with sea view very good