“Malc & Sue from Poynton”
Review of Evans Hotel

Evans Hotel
Ranked #46 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Cheshire
“Malc & Sue from Poynton”
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Overall food good, staff helpful and friendly. Pete, Carol and Dad very obliging. We have been three times this year and have enjoyed each visit. Fabulous entertainment.

Pete, Malc says your round next!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank mac1953

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
cumbria
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed 4 nights HB and enjoyed the time there. Meal times had a chaotic feel about them, but the system worked because of the amazing staff who always had time for a smile and a joke. The food was very good and well presented. The bar/concert room was a comfortable place with decent entertainment. Make sure you don't miss the Irish comedian who seems to be a regular. Johnny Barr I think his name is. Our room was a decent size and comfortable. The location is just off the main hustle n bussle of a busy resort in a quiet area. We are planning a return in 2012.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ursron
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I recently travelled to Llandudno (19th-22nd August) as part of a coach trip and, after having to change rooms after the first night, I sent the following e-mail to the hotel on our return. I am really annoyed because as today's date, 12 September, we have still not had the courtesy of a reply from the hotel.

Hi Julie

My husband and I stayed with you last weekend as part of the coach party from GB Tours.

You will probably remember us - we were the couple who requested a move from our room after the first night as we had found it very noisy and were unable to sleep! I did say to you that we had requested a 'quietly located room', which we had been given with Room 30 - unfortunately, although it was quietly located inside, it wasn't quiet outside due to the revellers leaving the local nightclub in the early hours!!!

You very kindly made arrangements for us to move to Room 36 and said that your staff would move our belongings for us to the new room. We chose to do it ourselves, which we did immediately after breakfast and immediately prior to us leaving on a day out with the coach company.

As you can imagine, everything was moved in rather a rush, in less than 30 minutes - my husband and I going up and down the stairs several times!! Anyway, everything was moved before we went out on our trip!

The problem, however, was when we returned to the hotel. We went up to the third floor and immediately noticed a very distinctive 'odour', which seemed to get worse in our room. All I can say is that it reminded me of an old people's home, which was not nice. We hadn't noticed it when we were moving our belongings in that morning, because all the doors and windows were open, due to the chambermaids cleaning the rooms.

We didn't want to cause any more inconvenience by asking to be moved again so I went out and bought lots and lots of cleaning items and attemped to get rid of the smell. I wasn't able to do this as I would think that someone had had an accident and the carpet really needed a thorough washing. I also sprayed a whole bottle of perfume around, without success.

All in all we had a fantastic time at your hotel; the food, entertainment, and friendly and helpful staff, but this rather spoilt it for us.

I just thought, Julie, that you would like to be made aware of this problem.

I really think that this has spoilt our opinion of the hotel - surely, as a matter of courtesy, we should have had a reply.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank IreneRussell
West Sussex, UK
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My Husband have just returned from the Evans Hotel Llundudno after a 4 night trip with Just Go Holidays.

The hotel was very friendly and helpful and clean. The food was very good serving full english breakfast and more and a 4 course eveneing dinner with choice of menu.

The position of the hotel has easy access to good shopping, train station and the promenade.

Very good value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MinxWestSussex_UK
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

A goup of forty stayed at the Evans Hotel for 7 days. The Hotel is clean and comfortable but a little dated, but the standard of food, entertainment and staff was excellent.I would recommend this hotel to groups and individuals alike. Nothing is too much trouble and excellent value for money. Hope to return

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank victorsouthern
Winchester
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The food was all home made, the Courgette and Mint soup was to die for, the entertainment was brilliant, the rooms very good with Freeview in each room. The Hotel is in a good position in the town and not noisy. All in all a fantastic place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank skynrd
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This hotel has no redeeming features. The rooms are small and shabby; overpowering smell of cleaning fluids to disguise mustiness; overcrowded dining room; surly staff; poor food. All guests are expected to sit down for meals at the same time which in practice meant arriving for breakfast at 8.30 am but not being served until 9.15 am. Dinner orders were taken at breakfast but still managed to arrive late, lukewarn and overcooked. Llandudno itself is run down and has little to offer. The hotel is cheap, but pay a bit more and go elswhere to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed May 2011