“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Evans Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Evans Hotel
Ranked #44 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Pula, Croatia
“Great”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Ok so please do not pay attention to the review tittled: Avoid,Avoid ,Avoid!..
The hotel is perfectly fine the staff is nice and there is a shower and a bath and its quite big the place isn't run down and there was a lot of stuff for vegetarians on the breakfast menu as am I a vegetarian so I would know the snooker table and pool table that,that person "couldn't find" was just downstairs so if you would have looked you would have found it. There is actually bing and entertainment and the bar is open.the bed wasn't 'lumpy' so I don't know what that person is talking about there is plenty of staff there and you could get the wifi code if you asked. And about the parking it's true that you can't park outside but on the corner there is a church and can park there.PLEASE DO OT PAY ATTENTION TO THAT REVIEW

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tara G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you like formica furniture, blankets on the bed and a carpet which looked from the fifities then this is the hotel for you. I have no complaints about the food or the public areas but I would not go back to this hotel. The two "main men" who seemed to be in charge (looked like brothers) and an older man (father) were not very pleasant and very brusque if you dared to speak to them, we thought we had mislaid our key and one of the "brothers" told us it would cost us £50. It turned out it had been put on the wrong hook at reception. Did we get an apology, We did not. The dining room staff were very pleasant and helpful, it is the management who need to chill out and stop selotaping warnings all over he place always starting with "Do not".

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dr0dden
kidderminster
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Where shall i start! Well when we arrived there was nobody on reception so we rung the bell and a lady appeared and said "i will be with you soon". Fair enough when she did come she was pleasant enough gave us a "scrap" of card with details of our table number for breakfast and when the bar was open for drinks snacks etc, ok you might think so far so good, so did we! We asked about parking believe me there is NO parking anywhere near the hotel. You could park on the side of the road BUT unless you arrive before about 6am you have no chance! When we asked about parking she told us it is just on the side of the road and i suggust if you get a parking spot dont move your car because you wont get another! Not ideal when you want to go out for the day but cant because of parking. The room to be fair was ok not the best bed very "lumpy" only a shower no bath and a VERY small one at that.
In the reception there was a board saying entertainment every evening and bingo at 8pm so we thought great we like a game of bingo, so we decided about 7.30 to go downstairs and have a drink before the bingo started. When we got downstairs the bar was closed the lounge in total darkness and nobody to be seen. The front door was locked and we couldnt find a single soul around. So we went back to our room and thought ok we will try later, still no luck! We stayed two nights Friday and Saturday night during that time there was NO entertainment and the bar did not open once? Call this a hotel i would call it a poor boarding house. The only member of staff we saw after check in was the cleaner the next morning a a lady serving breakfast. I think this so called hotel is geared for coach parties i can only assume the "good reviews" are from these people. If you are a couple avoid this hotel if i stop somewhere and i am pleased with it, it will get a good review if not then i will let people know what i think! It says there is a snooker table, darts and skittles? where i have no idea wasnt told about them and there was certainly nobody to ask! We were going to complain when we left BUT you have probably guessed there was nobody to complain too! Sorry but would definitely NOT recommend this hotel we got a cheap deal and to be honest it wasnt evne worth the price we paid. Had i paid full price i would have been furious! Breakfast was ok rushed and not much choice i am vegetarian so i was told i could have the beans and toms sorry i dont eat beans or toms! There was no offer of brown toast, you werent asked if you would like any more toast so not impressed. It is VERY dated and rundown really needs modernizing sorry but it is awful, a couple of the reviews on line have mentioned Pete the owner? Sorry didnt see Pete? Also supposed to be WiFi available? Nobody to ask to get the code and then you could only use in public areas and to be honest who wants to sit in the public areas when there is nobody around and you cant even get a drink. Would not stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chris69kidderminster
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Read positive reviews which led us to book 2 nights b & b. The hotel is very run down, public areas smelled none too clean. Our room was also not up to standard, the bathroom needed a lot of work and the toilet gave the room a permanent aroma of urine - not too pleasant. We kept windows open the whole time, possible as weather was warm. All in all, extremely disappointing. I cannot recommend this hotel at all.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cindy D
York
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here 4 nights July 2013 and found the hotel to be very clean and well run. Do not believe all the bad reviews as they are simply not true unless they were staying in a different hotel than me.

Peter the owner and his team are very good hosts.
The food was very nice and the staff friendly.

I would highly recommend the hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank RobYork
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

The only thing missing was Manuel. Some of the younger staff were lovely but the older generation maybe need a course on customer service. I've given the room 2 stars as it is pot luck what type of room you get. The first room we stayed in was like a buntlins camp from the 1940's with two very small single beds, however this visit was slightly better as we had a double bed. Food is ok but rushed. Great thing is its close to the train station & a couple of pubs. The cleaning staff are very pleasant & do a good job but its so dated it must be hard to make it look good. Plenty of smaller b&bs much cheaper in town.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ilovellandudnox
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed just one night, having booked for two. When we checked out the receptionist didn't ask why we were leaving early, she just said 'Sorry about that,' giving me the impression we weren't the first to cut things short.
The room was okay, a bit tired looking, as some have mentioned. We 'met' only 4 staff members:
Receptionist - pleasant and friendly but gave the strong impression she really didn't know what she was doing. We had to ask which floor the room was on and then ask where the lift was. We met her again in the bar shortly afterwards, when she asked the couple in front of us 'Are you being served?'
'Yes'
She then walked off, ignoring me, although it's possible she thought I was with them. She returned a few minutes later and I asked for a pint of beer and a pint of orange juice and soda. She poured some juice from a cheap carton of concentrate and filled it with draught soda. The 'barman' then returned (I don't know where he'd been in his efforts to serve this other couple). Anyway, our 'barmaid' left and decided that he should tot up what we owed. He asked for £4.20 for the juice and soda.
'It can't be that much?' I said.
'It is. The list says so.'
'That's ridiculous.'
'Complain to the brewers,' he said.
I next met him outside as he watered the hanging baskets at the entrance, soaking the floor, and leaving the rolled up mat sticking up over the step. As I stepped over the hose, he pulled it - not deliberately, I'm sure, as he simply didn't look round before doing so. I'm against daft health and safety rules but this whole scenario was an accident waiting to happen.
Back to our barmaid/receptionist whom I asked for the wi-fi code. 'I'll just get it' She didn't. I asked again. 'Oh Carol's got it and she's in the dining room.'
A pleasant young lad - I'm not sure what his job was - got the code for me and was extremely helpful (though the signal was non existent in the bar; he said it was a bit better in Reception).
In possible mitigation, all this happened around dinner time and maybe the efficient staff were all working in there, and we were just unlucky.
But if there was a serious emergency in that hotel, I'd have no confidence whatever that the staff we met would be competent to handle it.
Outside of the customer service aspect, I'm unable to comment on facilities, although the customers we saw briefly, on their way into the dining room, seemed happy enough.
Perhaps we caught it on a bad day - everyone has them - but I can only comment on my experience. I don't like leaving bad reviews, and generally prefer to say nothing. So, if you choose to go, I wish you better luck than we had. And ... avoid the orange juice and soda

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple