“Friendliest staff I have ever experienced!”
Review of Evans Hotel

Evans Hotel
Ranked #45 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Nottingham
“Friendliest staff I have ever experienced!”
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Wonderful food, really enjoyed being offered a soup and a pudding at every dinner. Fantastic location, very close to the town centre and the beach. Staff were incredibly helpful and very welcoming, lending a fantastic atmosphere to the hotel. I particularly appreciated the entertainment which was provided every night. I hope to make my visit to the Evans Hotel an annual event!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelduckNottingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Nottingham
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I stayed at the Evans hotel in June for 3 days and had an amazing time. There is always entertainment on and the staff are really friendly and are always wiling to help. The hotel is located brilliant just round the corner from the main street with everything within a short walk away.

The food was really good and there was always a good selection to choose from.

I had a fantastic holiday at this hotel and would definatly recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank 99999999999
Derby
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I've stayed at the Evan's hotel for the past ten years and my husband and i have never had a bad experience there. When i read the review about the hotel stating that the rooms were shabby and there was alot of noise, i rang the hotel to see if there were new owners. To my surprise the owners were the same people, so just for curiosity i booked a weeks holiday with my husband and what a WONDERFUL time we had too. The rooms were immaculately clean, the staff were still friendly and helpful and the food was great, my only complaint is that i put too many pounds on by the end of the week. The entertainment was superb as usual with a different artist every night which catered for everyone's tastes. I will be definitely be going back next year and I'm so glad i didn't take any notice of the review left by a fellow traveller. Hope this review is helpful for other travellers. Mr&Mrs A Jones. (Derby)

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ange1967
london
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Room, toilet and shower room was very cramped and grotty and another room which was offered was noisey as it was above the kitchen. The Welsh House Party feature consisted of a mug of tea, a doorstep of malt loaf and dry digestive biscuit. We were housed over the covered front porch where the smokers congregated shouting and screaming until the early hours of the morning. What we didn't know when booking was that some of the guests had an "all you can drink concession" which did nothing to help as the window would not close and the room was hot. A letter to the tour company who we travelled with was met with apathy.

Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank starcomp
North Wales
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Hotel expensive but dated. Rooms - especially bathrooms - are shabby. Needs redecorating from top to bottom. Manager unwelcoming. Had to move room - first was so small with low ceilings. Hard piece of chewing gum on floor of second bedroom. Paid for half board but food was inedible. Visitors not allowed to use lift. Charged for extra milk! Cheap toilet roll - had to buy own. Cleaning staff sit outside hotel smoking. Llandudno is a lovely resort - would go back - but stay elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2009
3 Thank SmogNorthWales
Aberystwyth Wales. uk
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Booked one night twin room for my mother who is partial disabled / Had to lift a heavy mobile ramp to access the front door of hotel, The first 2 steps of hotel no ramp available we had to lift a heavy scooter up the first steps while staff watched us struggle.

If I did not take my partner with me I would of not managed. On booking I was told there was a ground floor toilet, this is kept quiet as other guests had been there a week and only found it on the last day leaving hotel. No disabled sign any where stating disabled toilet. The hotel is set up for coach parties only. My mother 83 had to get up at 0830am for breakfast no choice of times.

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank marion18
leicester
Reviewed 28 September 2008

This is a lovely comfortable hotel providing excellent breakfasts and evening meals. We came with a coach company and had a really nice four day break here. Having entertainment in the evening was important to my wife and I because, at our ages, we do not go out in the evenings very often at home. The shower room was not very spacious but that did not matter to us. What mattered was the comfort, the food, the friendly staff and the evening entertainment.

Stayed September 2008