“Food was lovely, service not so great!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Links Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Links Hotel
Ranked #92 of 150 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Food was lovely, service not so great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Came her with my daughter and grandchildren for the Sunday carvery. We were seated very quickly seen as though we had not booked and the restaurant was very busy.
The food was very tasty, choice of 3 meats and plenty of veg, lovely gravy and a simple choice of 3 deserts which was not much to shout about but ok, Can not fault the food which was very nice for the price which is very reasonable. My only issue was the service, it was not altogether that bad but the lady that seated us could do with smiling a little more and perhaps being a little more friendly (i assume it was the manager) i understand Sunday lunch is busy but it goes a long way. The bar staff however were lovely and i got served very quick considering they were so busy.
The 1 thing that will stop me from coming here again however is the fact that the highchair that we asked for came to us filthy, it looked like the table had been walked on as their was several foot stains on it and my daughter had to wipe it clean herself with her own wet wipes, unforgivable when serving children!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank robert r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

My three sisters and our brother met up in the Links Hotel for Sunday lunch today (30th October). One of the sisters lives in Llandudno - the rest of us live in Liverpool and travelled over to have a bit of quality time today. The meal was really lovely- much better than any Toby Carvery, the staff were really friendly and we had a great day. Peter, a ex-pat from Liverpool cooked the meal. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Cheshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We booked into this hotel as two couples for 1 night, We have been to LLandudno many times and this is the worst place I have ever stayed. We arrived and was asked to pay before we had chance to bring our bags in. I have never paid anywhere on arrival before. We were shown to our rooms and told breakfast was between 8.30 and 9.30. Our room was reasonably decorated but had a really musty smell. The bathroom was clean but the main light or extractor fan didnt work. There was no hook on bathroom door to hang clothes, no self to put your toiletries and no beakers for water for cleaning your teeth. There was less than half a toilet roll on holder and no spare. The lady in
the bar in the evening was very polite and friendly but the rest of the staff were rude as they ignored you. After a few drinks in the bar in the evening we retired to bed, I thought I would have a cup of tea before going to bed. Help! there was no milk on the tea tray. I sent my Husband to my friends room to see if they had any, she said there was only two little cartons and we have used them. He then went to the bar but there was no one to be found. So no tea tonight or in the morning. At breakfast we thought we would have a table for4. we walked in the dining room at 9.20 and it was full of tables with dirty pots and half eaten food.We asked if we could all sit together, but were told there were only 2tables for 2 available. My Husband had to sqeeze into a corner with a big plant hanging over his head. The milk and juice jugs were empty so we had to ask for them to be filled. A member of staff brought toast in on a plate and threw it at us. our order for breakfast was taken by a pleasant man and was a reasonably good breafast. We came to check out and and no one came. so we just left the key on the bar. Thank god we wernt stayin another night. When we got home all our clothes and nightwear had to go straight in the wash because they smelt so musty. My friend would put this all less politely because she was even more disgusted than me.

Room Tip: I dont know if they have a best room!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Waxy2
Biddulph, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

My partner, his mother and I had an evening meal at The Links Hotel last Saturday when we were stuck for somewhere to eat in Llandudno. We were pleasantly surprised by the modern decor in the bar area and the menu was quite varied too. The staff were friendly and courteous.
My partner had a steak and ale pie and his mother, grilled plaice, which she said was very nice. I had cod and chips with mushy peas. The chips and peas were good but the batter in which the cod was served was soft, lacking any crispness whatsoever. I did consider sending it back but then thought I would probably end up eating alone as the others would have finished their meals so, instead, I just scraped the gloopy batter off.
All in all it was an OK meal but I wouldn't recommend The Links to my friends, just in case!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Stafford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

Very disappointed - upon arrival not even shown to room and had to ask what time breakfast was - didnt seem very bothered about us being there!

There are no lifts at this hotel, but plenty of stairs which seem to have a strange smell. Struggled up the flights of stairs with luggage - through the heavy doors - eventually getting in room - had a family room with a tv that did n't get a proper channel without it freezing - very draughty windows - but the worst thing was the bathroom - no shower just a plastic hose that did not stay on the taps - also the room was so tired looking - and the toilet roll wasnt even on a holder - it was in the window sill!!
My husband and father asked to watch the football in the bar (seeing as there were only 2 other people in the bar) but were told that didnt know how to change the tv!! So they came back up to the room.
Glad we were only staying for one night or else I would have asked for my money back - was glad to get out - the breakfast is in the bar downstairs - there were 5 of us but table only set for 4, also there was a lady mopping up as we were eating so could smell the disinfectent which wasnt pleasant. Also we were not given a menu or any choices of what we could have - so breakfast was small. Would not want to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cheshire, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

stayed here for three nights the room was clean and tidy with ensuite and they cleaned it every day and but fresh towels etc. the food was excellent and the staff were more than helpful. tony

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple