“Nearly as good as the other one.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cottage Loaf

The Cottage Loaf
Ranked #10 of 205 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional Pub,Child Friendly,Serving Food All Day,Real Ale,Log Fire,Reservations by Phone or Email,Good Beer Guide 2012
Holyhead, Wales, United Kingdom
“Nearly as good as the other one.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I come here quite often for a drink, but yesterday I actually had a meal. I have heard good things about the steak pie, so I ordered one. Very nice it was too, had it with mash( not a lover of thick cut chips), veggies were nicely cooked too( ie not boiled to death). All in all 5 stars for the food. A couple of gripes, for my taste I would have liked extra gravy with my pie, I like to see staff wearing a uniform, and someone took my drink away whilst I was in the toilet( I hadn't finished it!). This shouldn't take away the excellent service and food .

Stafford
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went with my missus and the starter of nacho's between 2 was lovely and filling. My missus main meal was top notch and so was my pie. However, it wasn't very warm so they didn't charge me for it and bought us a free pint. Very nice of them. I'd highly recommend this place :-)

• Visited July 2014
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Traditional with a twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great selection of beers to be sampled in welcoming surroundings - beer garden/terrace both front & back. Staff are excellent - friendly and efficient.
You have to try something from the menu - the ploughman's is huge but well balanced and my partners liver & bacon was devine.
If you visit Llandudno and miss the Cottage Loaf you would be foolish.

1 Thank Dave W
Wrexham County, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a lovely light lunch on Saturday, delicious food, lovely, bright surroundings and staff very friendly. Definitely call again when in Llandudno next.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had an overnight stay in llandudno and went for a wander for a decent meal at a decent price. Found a Wetherspoons but then tucked away in a side street close by was the Cottage Loaf Inn/Restaurant. We both had calamari to start...mmmmm. Then I had the streak & ale pie, with my wife going for the home made lasagne..both delicious. Waiting on was very attentive, the atmosphere was very warm and the price was well worth it, very good value. If you are looking for a lovely meal at a reasonable price ...look no further than the Cottage Loaf, well worth finding!!

• Visited July 2014