“Another Successful Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Manchester
“Another Successful Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We have just returned from our sixth Annual Church Weekend. We were very well looked after by the staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. Our group of 42 were served by the staff in a fiendly, warm and efficient mannner. The food was excellent and plentiful with a choice of menu to suit all tastes. Rooms are warm and more than adequate. The hotel itself is warm and welcoming when returning from a walk in a chilly wind. We are looking forward to returning next year when we are sure we will be superbly looked after once again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mostonian
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you ever so much for posting such a great review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Chadderton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed at the Queens Hotel as part of a group on a dancing holiday. The hotel is clean and tidy, the reception staff were excellent and efficient. Our room was ready at 2pm and was at the top of the hotel and was one of the recently refurbished rooms, there were some sets of stairs to negotiate after leaving the lift. On entering our room we found that some inconsiderate person or persons had been smoking in it (even though there are signs all over the hotel stating that it is not allowed). As non-smokers we found the smell objectionable, so went down to reception to report it. They immediately sent someone to the room with Febreze etc and gave us the keys to another room. This suited us better as it had just a shower cubicle (I have managed to fall out of a bath once!) and how refreshing it was to find not only a rubber safety mat, but also a towelling bath mat to step out onto - most hotels these days don't supply these at all - paper ones if you're lucky.
The beds are comfortable and there was plenty of storage space for our clothes.
My friends ordered some sandwiches, but as I am trying to eat healthily, I asked if I could have the melon starter from the main meals. The lady was only too happy to oblige and I really enjoyed the melon, beautifully presented. I also only drink mint tea and the lady brought a large box and selected 4 different mint teas for me to choose from. When I had chosen I was also given another 4 of the teabags so I could drink them in the room. I have never had such good personal service and feel that this is a great thing in favour of the Queens.
You order breakfast at your evening meal and your breakfast at evening meal the night before, a sensible idea as it must cut waste down tremendously. Everyone in my group enjoyed the food, there were plenty of choices including a vegetarian option and a choice of salads. You are served all your breakfast, even the cereals etc, but you can have what you want, the man at the table next to me had bran flakes and grapefruit. I opted for poached haddock at breakfast and was offered poached eggs (1 or 2) with it. It was excellent, beautifully cooked. I enjoyed it so much that I had it both days..You can choose white or brown toast with breakfast.
The car park is small and you may get blocked in. I chose to park on the promenade - just remember to put your money in the meter each morning.
On our last morning as we were dancing in the Grosvenor Ballroom, the hotel provided complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits - another example of the personal service that this hotel excels in. Well done to all the staff. I look forward to going again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thrilled to read such a lovely review, and in such detail! Thank you so very much, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

just spent four comfortable nights (18-21 feb 2013) at your great hotel.the hotel was warm and friendly, the food superb.your chef was great with all kinds of fish course. all staff very attentive. the sea view rooms offer value for money experience.hope to see more the coming years.

Room Tip: a sea view room is rewarding
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barrie k
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you so very much for leaving such a positive review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Just come back from a long weekend break at the Queen's hotel Llandudno As first time visitors to the resort and hotel we were pleasantly suprised with both. Llandudno has hung on to it's Victorian charm and is clean and fresh looking despite our visit being in the middle of the winter season. We would certainly like to go back again in the warmth of summer. The hotel is comfortable and clean, the food good and the decor OK. Our room was not over large but seemed to have been recently decorated and with a new bathroom suite. Others in our party had rooms with avocado or chocolate brown bathrooms so it seems to be a bit of pot luck as to what you get. At the price we paid it would be churlish to pick fault with the accommodation so if you decide to visit, keep an open mind and don't compare with places 2 or 3 times the cost.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RivieraSunset
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you very much for the kind and considered comments in your review.
Regarding the rooms, we do have an ongoing refurbishment programme and all bathrooms will be updated before too long.
Hope to see you again!
ludlow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

myself ,husband and a freind visited last week the stay was very good value for money the food and entertainment spot on the hotel was warm and clean all in all a good break the staff were freindly and efficent and always helpful and the gift idea was a nice touch

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mazer
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Really pleased that you enjoyed our Cities By The Sea theme break, and thank you for leaving the review.
West Midlands, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Hi travellers I'm just back from a 4 Night City Breaks By The Sea holiday at the Queen's hotel Llandudno. I 'm still in my happy mood after my holiday. I find January depressing after the buzz of Christmas.I used to stay in Llandudno for the two week family holiday in the Sixties. Two weeks on the beach and always feeling hungry. Those were the days before en suites, the mad dash to find a vacant toilet after breakfast and the Izal Medicated toilet paper
First impressions of the Queen's hotel. It's and impressive looking hotel with an welcoming entrance. It has the Wow factor an original hotel, not four boarding houses stitched together. The warmth just hits you inside so hot and its freezing outside. I find that it takes two days for people to gel together and then the fun starts. Everyone is chatting and telling stories and jokes.The entertainment every night a mention to Morgan Reeves his outstanding voice and the way he made me laugh in giggles what a night to remember. To much to eat I skipped lunch and just had afternoon tea. Top tip is to ask for a basket of chips to have with dinner guess I'm greedy no lunch not really greedy the diet can wait I'm feeling cold at home writing this .I Love to be back at the hotel.
There are always little things that annoy when I'm away nothing is perfect. I treat my 3 G I pad like a baby.One really needs a specially designed self to charge ones phones etc in a hotel bedroom.
Thanks to all the staff. Family run hotel

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Charles271
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thanks very much for your kind comments and for leaving the extremely entertaining review! Delighted you enjoyed yourself!
anglesey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed at the Queens from the 7th -11th January, Must say the food was excellent & so much choice were even given a small gift every evening along with a different theme night i.e. Spanish, French, American & English the waiters
dressed accordingly & were so pleasant & efficient especially Justine. Our room was lovely & warm & had new furniture since our visit last January. However, must say the bed wasn't very comfortable I think the mattress is well worn & we both felt we might slip of the end during the night. We are both small people, can't imagine how two large people could sleep on it. We were in room 85.
As I said in my last review this hotel is well situated for the shops & has lovely views across the sea with good walks along the promenade well worth a visit. Even has dancing at night plus entertainment,including bar with Happy Hour.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AngleseyDaisy
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, this years theme break is proving to be very popular! Thank you especially for praising the staff, and your kind comments have been passed onto Justine. We have attended to the mattress, strangely enough it was a new one! We have swapped things around and it is better now.
Thanks for letting us know.