“Good for evening dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Queens Hotel

The Queens Hotel
Ranked #37 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good for evening dinner”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We were only bed and breakfast during our stay in Llandudno, so on 4 days we had evening diner here.The food was very good at every meal and service was always with a smile! as we did not stay at the hotel we were given a table seperate from the coach parties

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Dinners, and thank you very much for leaving the review. Non residents are very welcome to join us for dinner any evening, (advance booking at reception required).

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was the coach driver for a tour group who stopped at the hotel in april! I was very impressed with all aspects of the hotel! The food was very good at every meal time and service was always with a smile! From what I gather all my passengers were as impressed as myself!
As for the staff I cannot praise them enough they were great on arrival and departure and even helped source some items for my coach from nearby!!
Overall loved the hotel and the staff! Will return here in the future much more often!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank steveriley1980
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you ever so much for leaving such a lovely review, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again.
Worcester
Reviewed 18 May 2013

What can I say the title says it all. We had a top floor twin room in 'the Lodge' which was very small, with only a head and shoulders view out of the window - I could rest my chin on it. The shower room mirror was so high on the wall that I could only just see the top of my head in it. I am not tall but I am not a dwarf either. I booked through laterooms.com knowing that this was the last room in the place and paid £80 for it. Because Llandudno was very busy that weekend there was nowhere to park. We were in a hurry on arrival as my husband had an appointment so we had to find a place to park. We ended up parking nearly 2 miles away by the little orme and walking from there to the hotel with our luggage. No-one offered to keep it safe for us or indeed told us anything about the hotel. I booked in alone as my husband would have been late. Someone did carry our bag up to the room but I was told nothing else. We didn't even know where the dining room was the following day, indeed when we asked we were then asked which one we were supposed to be dining in! Breakfast was adequate. We found out anything we needed to know about the hotel from the information book in the room which was quite informative. However this takes me to the worst thing. In that book was a half page spread dedicated to information on norovirus. Good one might say - as a healthcare professional I know all too well about this nasty little bug and the importance of washing one's hands etc. However if you are going to prevent the spread of such things it is good to supply soap in order that your guests can wash their hands properly after visiting the toilet. I noted from the information book that toiletries could be purchased from reception. I think I will avoid this place in the future and stay in a travel inn which is cheaper and better. I feel ripped off and also wondering how many guests were actually washing their hands properly.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Catfrostie
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
What a terrible review!
The customers dissatisfaction seems to be due to two issues.
1. Parking - if only, when the customers called at the hotel, they had given us a chance to tell them about our luggage storage facility and/or the porterage of their bags straight to their room the whole 'luggage' issue would have been avoided.
2. Soap - all our bathrooms obviously have a stock of 3 bars of "wrapped soap" and this is kept in the bathroom cabinet! If, for some unknown reason, the soap was not present, a simple phone call to reception would have sufficed.
We can but wish the customers had raised these 'issues' with us at the time, as they would have been dealt with so easily.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed over the Bank Holiday weekend and had a wonderful time. While the hotel may not be in the latest boutique hotel style, it has all the charm of a British seaside hotel. The best view was to be had from our room! Sea views plus a view of the town and all the hussle and bustle on the promenade. It was Victorian weekend, so lots to see and do.
The restaurant is the most organised place we have been to for a long time. They managed to serve about 90 people all at the same time. The food was hot and delicious with a great choice of menu. Can fully recommend the salmon salad. And of course the cooked breakfast. Everything was freshly prepared and food served with a smile. Great place for a weekend away.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lancastrian999
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in Llandudno, on Extravaganza Weekend - hope to see you again in the future.
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

arrived Friday tea-time with coach load of 24 OAPs (my husband was the coach driver so I was allowed to come on the trip). The staff were all helpful, friendly & courteous - they even changed one ladies room as they saw she struggled to walk far even though nobody had asked for this. Breakfast & evening meals were great - the food was well cooked , plenty of choice and good service from all staff at meal times. the bedroom was small but clean & comfortable. we only had a bath with no shower which I struggled with due to creaking joints - I am sure if we had mentioned it they would have done something but we didn't want to make a fuss as it was only for a few days so we managed okay. evening entertainment was excellent just unfortunate that most of our party liked to retire early. The lounge areas are comfortable & even seating outside when the weather is good. lots to do in Llandudno & surrounding areas with lovely walks along the seafront & pier just minutes from the hotel. pretty good shopping area with mixture of shops. well worth a visit & we will come again (trying to persuade my husband to come to one of the speciality weekends where we can learn to dance!!!!)

Room Tip: do ask at reception if you want sea view etc.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bridezilla1955
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you so much for leaving such a positive and detailed review, delighted you enjoyed yourselves, and look forward to seeing you again!
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just returned from the Queens having had a FAB time, the management & staff work so hard to make sure our stay was A1. Over 25 years of visiting this hotel it gets better & better, the food and accommodation is exceptional, always being upgraded, a warm happy place to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the front on a corner position, many rooms have sea view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you so much, your kind comments are very much appreciated and we look forward to your next visit!
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

As a party of 30 people we arrived friday lunch time and stayed until after lunch on sunday. The staff were courteous and willing to assist as a few of us had disabilities. The food was excellent with a good choice for both breakfast and dinner. My room was a single which was small but comfortable for the 2 nights we stayed. To make up for the compact size the view was magnificent as it overlooked the bay right round to Little Orme. The entertainment on the 2 nights was good but we found bar prices a little steep. This is one hotel we would visit again if we were in Llandudno

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Linda B, Owner at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Great to hear that you enjoyed your weekend break and thanks very much for taking the trouble to leave the review.
Hope to see you again!