Oak Alyn Hotel
US$110
  • Beachfront
US$135
PremierInn.com
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$61
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hen-Dy(Llandudno)
US$114
US$111
US$334
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The food was not very nice the eggs were like water the bath was dirty we won't be going back there we have been in better hotels then this only any thing any good was the parking
But we injoyed every thing else in our holiday there going round the shops there and going on the sea front

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed with a group of nine others for a conference. Previously we had stayed and were aware of their lovely big rooms. However, some of my colleagues were put up in small rooms with tiny showers and had to pay the same as me in a larger room with a large bathroom. When the small room occupant complained, both at the beginning and end of our stay, he was treated with arrogance and dismissiveness. If the owner had just permitted a £14 rebate and shown a bit more respect and customer service, then 10 customers may have returned - now they will not. We had 3 breakfasts; two were great when they came, one was a bit soggy and less appetising - when they came. The problem here, is that they refuse to serve your breakfast until you have a full table and that meant that two of our party had to wait on two separate mornings to be served. If they cannot work out whose breakfast is whose, then I wonder why they are in the trade. One of my colleagues reported an uneven corridor floor causing a probalem outside her room. This is really sad as we have stayed in previous years and have been treated well and so can only assume that the place has gone downhill in the meantime.

Room Tip: Ask for a big room or you may feel very confined - particularly as a couple.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at Oak Alyn for ten nights, using it as a base for my walk along the coast from Flint to Caernarfon. I received a warm welcome and a delicious evening meal from Tony after a long train journey from the south. My room was clean, quiet, spacious, and ensuite, with colour TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast, at the convenient time of 08.30, was perfectly cooked, nutritious and efficiently served by a smiling waitress, enabling me to make it to the station for the start of each day's walk. Other guests were friendly and interested in my exploits: I gathered that many of them return to Oak Alyn time and again. As I had to leave early on the final morning, Tony kindly arranged for cereals, fruit and toast to be on my table in good time before my departure. This accommodation, and the helpfulness of Tony and his staff, met my needs completely. And Llandudno is a lovely place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Colin U
Reviewed 9 July 2013

well situated good parking friendly staff . food ok but could use fresh greens instead of frozen. in need of decorating in bed rooms and general sproosing up weeds on car park. overall could be improoved.

Room Tip: ground floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melvyn W
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed for one week on a bed, breakfast & evening meal basis. Found the rooms to be clean & comfortable. The meals were well cooked & the portions were generous. The proprietor was friendly without being intrusive. Service at meal times from the very pleasant & approachable staff was excellent. The establishment, which has parking, is in a good position 5-10 minutes walk from the seafront. I would have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family