“Lovely stay”

Merrion Hotel
Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Visited on business .asked for a seaview on arrival and given a lovely room on 1st floor with balcony

Breakfast gorgeous.local produce ,which was of a high standard
Right from the reception to the breakfast service the customer service at The Merrion was excellent ,nothing is too much trouble and there is a genuine desire to make your stay a good experience .

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank lozzamozza
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your time at the Merrion, all the staff work very hard to make your stay enjoyable and they will be pleased to read your comments.
Kind regards
Paul Bream.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
uk
Reviewed 2 August 2013

stayed three times before with my mum she has stayed 7 times . not happy with my room paul breem said he would move me but the hotel was full. however on on of the hoteest weeek days 55 percent of seaveiw rooms didnt have windows open , sorry think it was a stock answer to complaint. the room was like a poor nursing home room and smelt like it!
the hotel needs money spent my mums shower was hanging off the wall! my room was like a cell .
its geared for repeat custom and coach parties paying half what the average punter pays. you can get luxury else where for same price. sorry to the staff they are nice but its dire and the impovement to the reception no style . i could say so much more but a hotel that smells of urine and the worst condition ever even with 50 pound off is not for my generation. uck

Room Tip: go else where
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank UkTufty
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room, the room was a single room on the third floor which is smaller than you might have wished for, however when I told you that the hotel was fully booked and that I could not move you, it was not a stock answer, it was the absolute truth.
I take issue with your description of the room as smelling of urine, the room was spotless and I am very proud of the very high standards my housekeeping department maintain week on week throughout the year.
I reduced your bill by 30% as a good will gesture in view of your mothers history with us, I am sorry to hear this was not enough for you.
Best wishes from us all at the Merrion
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

As a previous visitor to the hotel, there have been many changes over the past decade to the hotel. Lots of improvements which is good news but still mixed with the old so disappointing in places. I expect as a previous visitor to the Merrion my expectations are very high but sadly this trip was a bit more disappointing, slow service in the restaurant both for breakfast and dinner. At 8.30am all the yoghurts and croissants had gone. Which when your not having a cooked breakfast is disappointing. The entertainment is sadly still very dull. Sadly Ian Turner was ill during our stay (he is a must see entertainer on Saturdays and Monday evening). Stayed in the family room on the first floor excellent room, lots of space.

Room Tip: Family room 108 excellent room lots of space
1 Thank Whisper68
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you for your review and your comments, I am sorry the choice on the breakfast buffet was limited, the croissants are baked fresh every morning so there is a delay when we have to bake more, the Yogurts should have been replaced as they were used up, please let us know next time as this should have been seen to.
I am sorry you missed Ian Turner, as you know he was in hospital at the time, however I can now report that he is well again and entertaining twice a week as usual.
We try to use negative comments to bring about positive change so thank you for letting us know.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

stayed at the Merrion last week for 4 nights room 104, sea view with walk in shower. Excellent!!!
Where do you begin lavishing praise on this hotel, the food, staff, hospitality, atmosphere, you name it, it's got it. Full marks all round.

Also thank you for making a 70th Birthday Celebration so memorable.

Will be back soon with our very well behaved Scottie Dog ( Guests didn't realize there was a dog in the hotel--wouldn't have brought him otherwise!!)

Room Tip: Room 104 Sea View, overlooking the Panoramic landscape of Llandudno
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janet F
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Great review thank you, so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us once again. I will pass on your comments to the staff.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Myself, partner and small dog recently stayed here for a 3 day break. The hotel was in a great location, opposite the promenade and beach and 5 minute walk to the pier. Shops, bars and restaurants all also within a short walk of the hotel.
Clientele are mainly elderley, quite a few coach parties arrived and departed in the short time we were there. However, everyone, including staff were very friendly and the hotel had a a lovely family feel to it.

We only stayed bed and breakfast, so can't comment on the evening meals, but the large breakfast/dining area, was clean and spacious, with a variety of juices/yoghurts/cereals/croissants available.
The cooked breakfasts comprised of either full Welsh breakfast (same as English, but with welsh products), Kippers or variations on the cooked breakfast. All very well cooked, and tasty and quality products. Again, breakfast staff helpful, friendly and very effiecient.

The room although slightly small, was very comfortable and clean, and a great view of the promenade (beautifully sunny - during the heatwave)
All in all, we would certainly return and cannot find anything to gripe about (other than the lift - that could be a little slow during busy times) and we would definately recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Choose sea facing room
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Thank you for posting your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast menu, perhaps we can tempt you with the dinner menu next time.
Many thanks and see you again soon.
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I have just returned from spending the last week at the Merrion Hotel in Llandudno. The hotel is lovely, in a great location, right on the front and a short walk from the pier and shops. We stayed in Room 306, which is at the back of the hotel. The room was very spacious and clean, but very hot (we were there in one of the hottest weeks of the year) - we did ask the reception team if they could give us a fan on a couple of occasions but we didn't get one - we couldn't keep the windows open in the night either due to the very noisy seagulls outside. The food was very nice - plenty of choice for breakfast and the three course evening meals were excellent. Entertainment was ok - restaurant and bar staff were very accommodating. I would definitely stay at the Merrion again - but would try to get a sea view next time

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view room - and don't stay in room 306 if you are visiting in hot weather - it...
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you for writing your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, the heat in your room is unfortunate, but as you say the weather is exceptional even for this time of year.
I looked out at the promenade today and saw the beach packed with children, summer is truly happening in Llandudno at the moment.
Hope to see you again soon.
Cambridge
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while on a business trip. The room was very comfortable with en-suite shower and toilet. The bed was comfortable and cool (even better due to the hot weather). There was a nice 32" tv on the wall which got free view.

The hotel was very pleasant and the bar prices were very reasonable. There was an excellent selection for breakfast which was waiter service. The staff were all very pleasant and accommodating.

The hotel caters for the older generation and does it very well. I was the youngest person in the hotel by 25 years but that did not bother me.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bigborisbushkin
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.