“Morning coffee stop”
Review of Merrion Hotel

Merrion Hotel
Ranked #24 of 60 Hotels in Llandudno
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were walking on the front and we saw the sign for morning coffee, so we wandered in. The place is spotless unlike the hotel where we were resident, The Grand Hotel.

The service was excellent. We both took the Victoria sponge cake. I had a latte and my wife had breakfast tea.

Refreshed and feeling like valued customers we paid the bill. Just £6. What a bargain.

Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GwynRoberts
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thanks your recent review, all our cakes and pastries are made fresh each day on the premises, thank you for choosing the Merrion and for your positive comments.
Regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Spent 5 days here on a coach based break. Hotel's position, staff, food and facilities were excellent enhanced by wall to wall sunshine. Very good value for money. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Very well positioned opposite the beach and close to the cable car and tramway for the Great Orme and 4000 year old copper mine.
Lip smacking bottled beer by Purple Moose Brewery.

Room Tip: Our room was 216. Good size, ensuite bath with shower. 2nd floor overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review and your positive comments.
See you again soon.
Regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Took a coach trip in June and was very pleased with the area, the hotel and the meals. Everything on the level - shops, banks, theatre, etc, sea front hotel. Could not fault the meals and the friendly staff; bathroom very clean and shower easy to adjust. The room was a bit too warm for me, but delightful dinners with desserts more than made up for this. Wide selection of choice. Would go there again. Plenty still to see in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia M
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hi Patricia M.
Thanks for your post on Tripadvisor, your comments are very important to us.
Llandudno is a great town with lovely shops, plenty of walking and stunning countryside in Snowdonia, I am pleased you enjoyed your time here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Paul Bream.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My partner and i stayed here for 1 night for my birthday. We really enjoyed ourselves. Everything was great. Lovely room. Nice food. I was slightly annoyed when the cleaner let herself in at 9am and we were getting dressed. But that would not put me off going again. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caroline L

Hi Caroline L.
Thank you for your recent post, I am sorry the room assistant came into your room without knocking properly, I have spoken to the housekeeper and rest assured it will not happen again.
I am pleased you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay, I hope we can persuade you to stay more than one night next time.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just spent 5days here and had a lovely time. Hotel was lovely, staff helpful and polite and friendly. Food excellent and a vast selection. Room was comfy and very clean. Right on sea front and near peir. 10min walk to tram station and shops. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi Suzanne.
Thank you for your recent post, great to hear you enjoyed your holiday with us and thanks for sharing your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just had a lovely 4 day break with my mum. Cant recommend this hotel enough. The staff are so lovely . Food is fantastic.feel at home the minute I arrive. Mum and i cant wait to go back to this lovely family run hotel .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lynjoyce
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hi Lyn.
Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that you feel that "family run" makes a difference. Gareth and myself are the third generation to run the hotel, that's close to 65 years of Breams at the Merrion Hotel, we are proud of all of the staff for their hard work.
Paul Bream.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were a party of 44 and the hotel was excellent. Service at breakfast and dinner was superb and the food was fantastic. The dessert menu contained 17 dishes - unfortunately I was only there 3 nights! My room was comfortable, having more than adequate storage space. The staff were courteous, friendly and efficient. One of the best hotels I've stayed in. Jasmine

Room Tip: I found my room on first floor comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jasmine B
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Hi Jasmine B.
Thanks for your review, we are so lucky to have wonderful gardens in the area, your visit to Bodnant was in time to see the laburnum arch which is spectacular. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Many thanks