“A ''gem'' between the two Ormes !”
Review of The Carmel Bistro - CLOSED

The Carmel Bistro
Price range: US$21 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My partner and I felt we should not visit Llandudno without seeking out this small family run bistro. May I say it lived up to our expectations and was perhaps nicer than expected.
Neil is a charming and pleasant host, and his wife is obviously rather good with food. But for me, the special thing about The Carmel Bistro is the experience of eating good and tasty food in a quiet and civilised enviroment, no rush, no problem! It's all about home cooked food at a leisurely pace. This is not an everyday occurance, even in 5 star establishments, believe me.
Thanks Neil for slowing our lives down for a while, and supplying us with excellent food whilst doing it, we will come again I'm sure.

3  Thank Stee58
Neilpond, Owner at The Carmel Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Stee 58

Many thanks for your great review.

You hit the nail on the head with your observations. We choose not to 'turn tables' so theres never any rush and hardly any problems.

Gill & I hope to see you both again the next time you visit Llandudno.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have been to the Carmel Bistro for the second time and have found both times truly lovely experiences. Neil the owner was very attentive and his wife prepares and cooks the mist delicious meals. The meals are very good value and nicely proportioned. The wine selection is good and reasonably priced for a restaurant. I recommend that you book in advance to avoid disappointment. Thanks Neil we will return. Pat and Sheila Manchester.

Dear Shelia21

Thank you so much for you kind words and great review.

Gill & I are pleased that you and Pat enjoy yourselves so much that you choose to return, a fact that we do not take for granted.

Look forward to seeing you both again soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My friends and I were charmed by this lovely restaurant. We were greeted by Neil who took the trouble to introduce himself and learn our names. Then we were seated in a lovely Victorian front room. We all had a lovely meal, everyone was content. The night we went there was clearly an issue with the dessert menu, it had been covered over and the choices available were limited. It didn't matter though we all left happy.

The quality of the food was excellent and the price was fair.

Dear Bolynbird

Thank you for your great review.

Gill & I are so glad that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves when you visited us at The Carmel Bistro.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Llandudno.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My partner and I visited in March and for his birthday i wanted to take him somewhere nice, I looked on the internet and saw the many great reviews for this place. I booked a table and I must say I was not dissapointed, it actually exceeded my expectations.

The food and service is impeccable, you really feel relaxed and very well looked after at this place which is a far cry from the other places we visited where everything was a problem. Nothing is too much trouble and the owners really go above and beyond to make you feel valued which is rare these days.

I was so impressed I booked again and If i ever visit Llundudno again I would definately come here, this place is a gem!

2  Thank MartinElwood

Dear Martin Elwood

Many thanks for your great review. It was great that you enjoyed yourselves so much on your first visit that you decided to dine with us again during your stay in Llandudno.

We do hope that you want to visit the area again and hope to see you once again.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We havn't been to Llandudno for years and decided to go for a few days. On our last evening decided to go out for a nice meal to the Carmel Bistro as we had read the reviews on trip advisor.It certainly lived up to our expectations. Amazing food , Neil made us feel very special without being over the top, spotless venue. Would not hesitate to go again when visitig Llandudno. We go out regularly for meals and found this one to be at the top of our list, wish it was nearer to where we live.Best Wishes Jean & Jim Garrity

2  Thank jeannie401
Neilpond, Owner at The Carmel Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Jeanie401

Many thanks for your kind review about the Carmel Bistro.

We are always appreciative of the fact that people take the time to give us feedback on Tripadvisor and take great pleasure in knowing that you really enjoyed your meal and got great value for money.

Gill & Neil