“Superb little restaurant”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Blackpool, UK
“Superb little restaurant”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

After spotting the high levels of praise on here, me and my wife decided we simply had to try it while in Llandudno for a long weekend.

Its a very cosy, a little small seating room inside the hotel, but this in no way detracts from the experience. The decor is nice, though it would have been nice to see proper napkins rather than paper ones.

The food was lovely, well cooked, with beautiful dressings on the salads. I would highly recommend the pate to start as the chutney it came with is quite simply, the best I have ever had. The chips also well recommended!

The service was superb, as the gentleman who served us (I presume to be the co-owner) was attentive and polite, even talking to us by our first names through the evening which we thought was a nice touch.

A good price, with offers on for three courses for just over £20 I think.

All in all, a fantastic little gem of a place. As long as you don't mind the more cosy setting (certainly wasn't cramped or uncomfortable) then this is worth a visit for the food and service.

2 Thank AnnandCarl
Dear Annandcarl

Many thanks for your kind comments and great review.

Neil & I are delighted that you both thoroughly enjoyed both your weekend in Llandudno and your evening at The Carmel Bistro.

We hope to see you return to the Carmel on your next visit tot the area.

Kindest regards

Neil

Bangor, Gwynedd
“Thoroughly impressed and satisfied with the food and service”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a friendly restaurant with impeccable cuisine and friendly and personal service. It's quite a small place - which gives it a very intimate and homely feel, but it is by no means cramped, as I felt that myself and my date had plenty of privacy and space. I had the buttered chicken & king prawns dish, which was succulent and full of flavour - something that I am certain was freshly cooked for me. My date went for the gammon and was just as impressed. The starters and dessert were equally as tasty!

For two starters, mains, and deserts, a coke, a J2O and a bottle of sparkling of rosé, the bill came to ~£55. Great value for the level of cuisine and service.

I expect that I'll find myself at The Carmel Bistro again.

Thanks goes to Neil for such a wonderful evening.

Keith Lackie

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Romeithan
Dear Keith

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and great review.

We are both pleased & delighted that you appreciated the thought and effort that goes into every dish, the level of service provided and the value for money.

Hope to see you both again soon.

Regards

Neil
Llandudno
“First but not last visit”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Although we have lived in Llandudno for 2+ years this was our fist visit but it definitely will not be the last! the chips are to die for !!!
We received a warm welcome, excellent service, superb food and a relaxed atmosphere.
We will be recommending our guests.
Linda & Martyn. C.Court

• Visited May 2012
Dear Martyn D

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening here at The Carmel Bistro, and delighted that you are happy to reccomend your guests.

Gills especially pleased with your comments regarding the Twice fried Chunky Chips.

Hope to see you both again soon.

Best regards

llandudno
“Locked out and let down”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Myself and my partner arrived at the Carmel at 18.45 for a table booked for 18.45, only to be locked out? I knocked on the main door & rang the door bell without success?
I resorted to ring the Proprietor who finally let us in with little, if any apology ?
Menu looked good, along with the decor etc. We ordered our food and wine & eagerly awaited
what the reviews promised to be a special meal?
Starters were very nice but the main meal, oh dear!!! My partner ordered the lamb, only to be told it comes well done? My chicken was bland, the veg choice was pathetic, warmed up carrot and mash or twice cooked chips ( my partner who is a fully trained chef), said she was sure they were frozen . To cap it all other diners who ordered steak, were told the steak comes medium?
Pre cooked food for sure!! When we declined a sweet , Proprietor/Waiter commented, just enjoy tour wine! STAY AWAY and try the Empire or Sea Horses, fresh good cooked food!!!

4 Thank adide l
Neilpond, Owner at The Carmel Bistro, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Adide l

Whilst we always welcome constructive feedback, we are aware via trip-advisor that business envy and negativity can enter into certain reviews. We suspect that this is one such review.

We love what we do here, and always try to do it to the best of our ability, so we will let the other 57 customer reviews redress the balance.

These customers have been gracious enough to go home and use their own time to give us feedback, rather than act out of malice.

Regards

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem of Llandudno”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We went to Carmel Bistro for dinner based on its superb Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed! The Bistro deserves every good word said!
Neil was a fantastic host and the food was brilliant and reasonably priced! Can not find one negative about the restaurant.
Thank you for a brilliant night all at Carmel Bistro and thank you Neil for being such an attentive host.
Definitely worth a visit!
James and Kat

Dear Skyblue

Thank so much for your wonderful review.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your evening at the Bistro, and although you are unable to find fault. we are always trying to improve what we do & how we do it.

We so hope to see you both again on your next visit to Llandudno.

Kind regards