“Fantastic Food”

Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Kings Head Pub is The Oldest pub in Llandudno. A traditional pub serving real-ales, home cooked food with local fresh ingredients. Live music events throughout the year, quiz nights every Tuesday and Wednesday. Chess club meets on a Friday afternoon and local American Bluegrass group meet on a Tuesday afternoon with their guitars, everyone welcome. Popular pub for locals and tourists, We are next to the Llandudno Tram Station at the foot of the Great Orme. A warm welcome awaits you. Follow us on Social Media.
Reviewed 26 September 2013

WE Called in for a good meal and was not disappointed. Staff were very friendly, Food was unbelievable. One of the best meals we have ever had. Next time we are back in Llandudno we will be back for another meal.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This lovely pub became our "local" whilst we holidayed in a lovely cottage high up on the Great Orme - a steep walk town along the tram tracks, with a hard climb back, helped with the consumption of a few good beers! Lots of seating area, good old-fashioned décor and friendly staff, free Wi-Fi was an added bonus.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

A great pub in a lovely setting, watch the trams go by on their way up the Orme. Lots of interesting photographs, and nooks and crannies. The food we had was very tasty, it also has a nice beer garden. The only difficulty could be finding somewhere to park

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My partner and I popped in here after our visit to the top of the Great Orme as it's conveniently located right next to the tram station that takes you to the top. The staff are friendly and make you feel welcome and the food was really good, but there's just something missing...we asked for a menu when we ordered our drinks and were told one would be bought over but it didn't arrive, so we picked one up on our next visit to the bar. The menu is good and reasonably priced. My partner ordered the chilli with rice and a side of chips; I chose the pie. The side of chips arrived....but the chilli didn't arrive for a good 5 minutes after this so my partner has eaten most of the chips as he didn't want them to go cold...after the chilli arrived it was a good 5 minutes until my food arrived. Both were tasty but the portion of chilli was very small and there wasn't much sauce on it. My main issue was the plate the pie was served on - it has sloping sides so when I put my knife down it slid off the plate and covered my clothes in gravy - twice! So, it was good but it just needs to be a bit slicker. I'm not sure if I'd return as there were better places to eat in Llandudno.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Tuesday night (the first night of our break). We'd been told it was dog friendly and that's why we chose it. It was a lovely evening so we sat outside and the staff were more than happy for us to have the dogs there.
The food was very tasty and I think, good value. Hubby had braising steak and I had pork burger. We cleared our plates, it was great!
We noticed a sign up for a pop quiz on Tuesday night's at 9pm so we moved inside (dogs are allowed at the front) and hung around for an hour to join in the quiz....or so we thought!
The guy who was handing out quiz sheets was quite obviously anti-tourist and was clearly giving out quiz sheets to people he knew. He walked passed us and another couple several times and didn't ask us if we wanted a sheet. He was looking for his regulars.
When I approached him and asked if I could have a sheet, he said he'd run out!! Who runs out of sheets for a pub quiz?? Another chap asked the same and was as confused as me. We had stayed on extra to join in and wish we hadn't bothered.
Kings Head.....your food is lovely but you need to work on your people skills cos we never went back!!