“Not Just A Chippy~ HOMEMADE Lasagne Is Delicious”

Barnacles Chip Shop
Ranked #33 of 211 Restaurants in Llandudno
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were just walking past Barnacles, haven't been in before but the smell of fish n chips is like a magnet to my old man, aka Victor Meldrew, he loves his fish & chips:) The menu isn't just your typical chippy menu which we were expecting! I was so pleased to see a specials board & both the Fish n Chips & the HOMEMADE Lasagne were REALLY tasty. The young waitress was so lovely ( it does make a difference when the staff are genuinely friendly) A basic cafe but with a first class service, lovely food and reasonably priced. I would go back time and time again just for the lasagne, really nice.

2  Thank Su S

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Good quality food at a reasonable price. The service was fast and efficient with very friendly staff.

1  Thank TH652014
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Found out about this place recently and as I happen to be working in Wales I called in with two colleagues. Delicious gluten free fish and chips. Lovely lunch followed by a stroll on the front.
Will be going again.

2  Thank PbunnyLisBen
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Being a Ceoliac it is so hard to eat out but I discovered Barnacles onLine.
Visited April 4th 2014 for the first time and I am hugely impressed.
Décor is unusual and there are menus of various gluten friendly food stuck on the walls around you.
I had Haddock and my partner chose Cod, both of us having the Gluten free version.
The fish was beautifully cooked and the batter was light and crispy. My partner is still talking how good her fish was and she will never eat regular batter again. Chips were perfect too.
Friendly service. We will be back to try more of the menu.
Big thumbs up from us.

2  Thank JVoloudakis
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We tried Barnacles for lunch with the family. We had one of the best tasting portions of fish and chips ever. You'd never have know they were different to traditional fish and chips. Cooked in a separate fryer to order with GF batter for the fish : )

We didn't try them, but they even had gluten free chicken nuggets.

If you're ever in Llandudno definitely worth a visit!!

2  Thank Jamie1973